• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking at a new computer ?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, I think you picked a winner as well.
The speed of that thing is gonna more than amaze you.
I recon you might use it for 5 minutes, and just smile.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I still have no clue what I need, but I am seriously thinking about getting this HP model . I sure would appreciate any input on it before I pull the trigger. Thanks again to all . :unsure:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7219716&CatId=5138

That's cool! You will be top notch for a few days while it is new! :clap:

Won't be obsolete for a few days after you get it! LOL

When I bought the new Dell, it was obsolete before I got it out of the box!:unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks PG . I just ordered it , hopefully it will get here before this one bites the dust. :biggrin:

I'm so sick of waiting 3 minutes for the smilies page to load when I click on more . :doh:
At least you're getting some warnings of your old one dying.
Mine just DIED one night. :yum:

You're going to love having a new one.
Goodness knows none of us could live without being connected :w00t2::smile::flowers:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, I think you picked a winner as well.
The speed of that thing is gonna more than amaze you.
I recon you might use it for 5 minutes, and just smile.

Thanks Tom , Yup as happy as I was when I updated my memory from the bare minimum you can have I was perty happy to jusy have a lil faster SLOOOOOWWW puter , so I'm sure this one will be a new experience. :clap:

That's cool! You will be top notch for a few days while it is new! :clap:

Won't be obsolete for a few days after you get it! LOL

When I bought the new Dell, it was obsolete before I got it out of the box!:unsure:

Thanks Foggy, I know what Ya mean that was the same way on the Dell laptop I got my wife . She's happy for me so she dont have to keep listinin to my bitchin anymore. :yum:
At least you're getting some warnings of your old one dying.
Mine just DIED one night. :yum:

You're going to love having a new one.
Goodness knows none of us could live without being connected :w00t2::smile::flowers:

I here Ya PG , so far I have been really lucky with this one and had a warning everytime I had a problem and was allways able to bring it back to life .

The two I had before both got the blue screen of death, and I lost everything I had including tons of my photos I had scanned and have since lost the original pics, Now I have neither . :mellow:

Hopefully I saved the last 12 years or so of pics this time . :biggrin: I just checked the tracking # and I will have my new one tommorow. :clap:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the Big Brown truck just left . :clap: I'm gonna shutter down and see if I can get things switched over and up and running . I recon if I run inta trouble I can post from my wifes laptop if she will let me . Catch Ya'll on the faster side hopefully. :unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Doc , I made the trip. :clap: I still have some learning to do but got it going and secured and it is lightning fast . Thanks again to everyone. :biggrin:
:smile: I felt the same way when I got my new one.
However, I've YET to look into all the bells and whistles on this one.:yum:
The first thing I did was to download Avast and other things to secure the computer, then Yahoo mail.
Don't know how I could still find all the things I'd had book marked on the old one.
That was weird.
Then again, I am a computer ditz.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
E5200 computer brain is old technology 3-4 years old, RAM should be doubled to 4GB.

If you ask for a i3 or an i5 sandy bridge it would be quicker, no need for a separate video card & take less electricity to run.

Last point is ask for a SSD hard drive which is solid state, no moving parts and makes that i3 or i5 almost instant. A smaller SSD pricing has dropped to around a buck a gigabyte, you could ask for a second HDD conventional mechanical to hold movies pictures these have become dirt cheap for huge capacity.

That harddrive with no moving sounds interesting.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Havin' fun, Cowboy?
Yup' kinda . I been trying to get used to it while getting rid of half the crap that came installed on it , Norton was the first to go . :doh: I'm a little disapointed as to how many processes are running still ( 68 ) and how much memorys is being used ( 32% ) when I aint even doing anything . I also cant find a system restore, but I dont know if windows 7 even has one and no discs came with the puter . :unsure:

Still trying to figure out what else I dont want or need, but its still 100% improvement and much quieter then my old one . :clap: