• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I scored AGAIN!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I just got the last implement I needed and wanted for my tractor ! A 5 1/2 foot Northwest Tiller !!!!

Its in great shape and all rebuilt with new tines and belts . These things are extreme heavy duty units ... $250 !!!!! These are $3000-$4000 dollar units new !
Pictures soon !
What a great Day !!!!!!:clap:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Its in great shape and all rebuilt with new tines and belts . These things are extreme heavy duty units ... $250 !!!!! These are $3000-$4000 dollar units new !
Pictures soon !
What a great Day !!!!!!:clap:

I guess I am not familiar with the Northwest brand. What makes them so expensive brand new? $250 is a great price.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations Al!

That's a great price for that size unit.

Of all the attachments I have I enjoy my tiller the most.

Only thing, cell phones and tillers don't mix. Don't ask how I know. :whistling:

Jim

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I guess I am not familiar with the Northwest brand. What makes them so expensive brand new? $250 is a great price.

A light weight Tractor Supply tiller can easy run $1600 and it is light weight . These weight about twice that . The tines are twice as thick .Everything on this tiller is extreme heavy duty . They have a special Patented belt set up in case the unit hits rocks so the motor is never damaged . They are just about bullet proof . Usually the only people that purchase one are commerical Farmers that need a tiller that will last many ,many years without needing repair or maintance . Down time is big money for them .

I would never buy one new , for the limited amout of work I will use it for . But at $250 it was a steal !!!!Here is a picture of what mind looks like . This is a new one ,but you can get the idea .

Attachments

• industrial-01.jpg
    industrial-01.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 162

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
nice score!
if you get tired of it, let me know - I'd be more than willing to store it for you, no charge!

:D

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
nice score!
if you get tired of it, let me know - I'd be more than willing to store it for you, no charge!

:D

Or if you decide it's too large or too heavy let me know and I'll trade you my 5' TSC tiller.

Jim

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My Buehler/Midwest is twice as heavy as the King Kutter you get from TSC. But that baby is a beast.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Al, you're pissing me off. :wink: How come some guys spend their lives falling in to these kind of deals and I spend my life just missing them.

The latest one is that I found a guy selling a nearly new 500 gallon diesel tank on a stand with filter, hose and nozzle for $300. When I called him he said come on over and look at it. I got there 30 minutes later only to find that somebody had been there 15 minutes before me and handed him the cash. I thought about offering him $100 more for it but that wouldn't have been right so I tucked my tail and went home.

Man, am I just unlucky or what????? :sad::sad::sad:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, you're pissing me off. :wink: How come some guys spend their lives falling in to these kind of deals and I spend my life just missing them.

The latest one is that I found a guy selling a nearly new 500 gallon diesel tank on a stand with filter, hose and nozzle for $300. When I called him he said come on over and look at it. I got there 30 minutes later only to find that somebody had been there 15 minutes before me and handed him the cash. I thought about offering him $100 more for it but that wouldn't have been right so I tucked my tail and went home.

Man, am I just unlucky or what????? :sad::sad::sad:
I just waited my time ! Yours will come too !
I do not honestly know why this happens to me ,but I ain't complaining . If your'e close enough I'll give you first shot on the fuel tank he has . I'm going to offer him $125 in the morning ,:biggrin:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
It is indeed a great find.

However, I have had excellent usage my two King Kutter tillers, a five foot and a six foot, close to 300 acres on each with out a problem other than had to change the lube on the six footer this spring, seems that the water came up a little to high. Have not used or checked the five footer yet.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Actually BigAl I don't think you should hook this up to your tractor. Got a better idea for it. And since your on this new lifestyle change you can build up your stamina. Even got a couple of women running them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMICRlQGsGE"]Tillers.[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is some crazy chit there. Heck my JD dont go that fast in high range.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I gotta do that !!! Anyone know where I can buy a 671 Blower for a Rototiller ??? I'm even willing to settle for a Air Research Turbocharger if it has adjustable boost on it .
Very NICE !!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Picked up my used 5 1/2 foot Northwest tiller . Now for a good cleaning ,greasing and repaint . For $250 I ain't complaining . It will look just like the new one when I am done repainting it . Good God ! These things are massive !!!

Attachments

• tractor  (2).jpg
    tractor (2).jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 95

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I finally got around today to trying this tiller out before i haul it to the ranch in Idaho . I borrowed my nieghbors Kioti DK45 which is the same as mine in Idaho .

GOOD GOD SWEET POLLY PUREBRED !:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::clap: I have never used nothing like this thing before . It just tears the crap out of anything in its way .

I made a couple short passes down by the lake and it just torn into the ground eating grass ,roots and rocks in one pass . It looks like a perfect seed bed behind it in one pass !

5 1/2 feet wide and 50 ' long took about 20 or 30 seconds and I was going down about 6 " deep. My soil is nasty old hard clay and rock .

I have discovered a bearing that I want to replace but it will be a easy replacement .

I would be willing to bet I could easily till 3 to 5 acres a day with this thing .
Today is a good day !!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, of all the implements I have I enjoy the tiller the most.

Jim

(well, maybe not the day I "found" a long piece of rope. Didn't think I would every get all of it cut off!)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, of all the implements I have I enjoy the tiller the most.

Jim

(well, maybe not the day I "found" a long piece of rope. Didn't think I would every get all of it cut off!)

I used a few tractor mounted tillers in the past ,but this is the first one I ever owned . I think I am in love :brows:. No, I bet rope or barb wire would be a pain to get out ,once it wrapped up .
It sure is heavy ,but I assume that is what makes it so smooth .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Darn Al, that is one chunk of iron you got there. It makes my Kuhn look positively anorexic. :biggrin:

As for getting stuff wound round it, try rebar. My Kuhn pretzelled an 8' length of rebar and it took all day with a hacksaw, big bolt cutters and a chain to pull that mess out of there.

Go my child and play with your toys. Enjoy. :)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Holy cow ! It took me 3 hours to get that inner bearing out . I think the seller lied to me . He told me it worked great when he used it ??? I can tell this tiller has not been ran in years after tearing it apart . Don't get me wrong , I still made a hell of a deal ,but I do not think the old owner knew what he had .There is no way it could have hooked up to his tractor with the 3ph pins at were in the tiller .
I guess i'll need to contact the factory as I am having zero luck finding the bearing online .

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess i'll need to contact the factory as I am having zero luck finding the bearing online .
Al, check the bearing. It may have a number stamped on it that any bearing supply house can cross.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, check the bearing. It may have a number stamped on it that any bearing supply house can cross.
Thats the first thing I did .... Nothing stamped on it anywhere .... Thanks for trying !

I'm trying to cross match now ,but have had no luck so far .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You should be able to take it to Kaman or one of the other bearing supply houses and match it up for shaft id and rpm. Hopefully get one with seals to keep the dirt out. Baler twine and wire are hard on seals when they wind around the tines.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You should be able to take it to Kaman or one of the other bearing supply houses and match it up for shaft id and rpm. Hopefully get one with seals to keep the dirt out. Baler twine and wire are hard on seals when they wind around the tines.

I never heard of Them ??? Are they only in the East ? I thought I would call Northwest Tiller and see if they will give me a cross over number . I doubt they will as I am sure they want to make a few bucks too .
I get this fixed and I truely believe this tiller will out last me .

Good lord ,.... its heavy duty .......

Trakternut

One more thing you could try, Al, is take the bearing with you to a farm implement dealer's parts counter. The partsman can measure the bearing and possibly match it up that way. Auto parts stores are also good for such things.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I went down to Napa and after 20 minutes and a couple phone calls ,I should have my new bearings in the morning . Expensive little bastards ....$30 a piece .
Still it is well worth it since I don't think its possible to wear this tiller out .
I should get it all back together tomorrow, then its time to do a little rewelding that looks like it was done by a very inexperienced farmer and throw on a new paint job . Why is it that people love to take off safety shields and throw them away ??????