• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Penny stocks ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Do you buy em ?? Most are sold OTC (over the counter) .
Never paid much attention to them ,but they seem to have quite a following .
I can see how these "Penny stocks" could get a uninformed investor in big trouble ,very quickly ...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I been running some "Buy and Sell" senarios on a number of different "Penny Stocks". I can see how a investor "could" make some serious money in this .

One thing is for certain . You would need the fastest internet speed you can get and one hell of a trading program to stay on top . I could easy see 20% a day gains using the right program . I think you would need additional monitors to keep up as it changes so fast .
I get a headache just watching this stuff .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Day trading is fast enough for me. I can't envision keeping up with the penny stocks that way. I have heard there is plenty of money to be made that way ....but that also means there is plenty of money to be lost that way. It's a double edged sword.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Years ago I did look at some penny stocks. In my opinion they were just pie in the sky. There was no real value in the stocks that I looked at. I have never traded them. I can honestly say that I can do better on a roulette wheel.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's kind of what I was using for our day trading.

As noted, you need to move VERY fast. Unfortunately, most of the simple finance web sites run a 15-minute lag on these.

I put a hold on my day-trading as I'm not spending much time at the computer but last week, I was buying a stock at .03 per share. Last Thursday (while I was in a meeting), it spiked and went to .07. That would have been one sweet deal. Now, it's trading at under .02. It's a time-sensitive, relatively risky market...