• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Computer speed

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, it said the recommended server was in Holy Toledo, so that's the one I chose as it was starred.
There was another in Radnor.. when I just tried again, it had Michigan servers as recommended.. wtf?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not just about how close a particular server is, which may do more to reduce your ping time, but how much bandwidth the nearby server can or is handling.

BamsBBQ

yup my closest servers recommended are michigan and wisconsin..my speeds are incredibly slow when i use them..

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
that's OK - we have 4 T1 lines at work - so I have a decent connection speed there. (oh, yeah - and the firewall of doom, so I can't do much with it)

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's mine, also out of Toledo.

550167462.png

Out of Columbus...

550172619.png

And finally, Randor, OH

550173824.png

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Folks in Toledo really have it good. You and PG both show some of the best speeds of all. :thumb: :tiphat: