• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

18hp Diesel Zero Turn Mower

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Has anyone out there ever heard of a "MT" zero-turn mower?

My wife's uncle has one and is thinking of selling it. He says it is older (~10 years?) and is powered by a 18 hp Perkins diesel, with a 54 or 60" deck. He hasn't given me a price, yet, but I wanted to see if I could find some information on the unit first to make an educated decision. He told me right now the only problem with it is that the hydro cooling fan is broken. (I'm envisioning something like the fan on the Kubota BX tractors)

Anyone?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
"MT"? Who would name theirs "empty"?

Is there any other identifying marks on it as to the mfgr?

If/as I recall, that size Perkins engine was used a lot in the marine industry. Probably a hard engine to beat. Any hour meter?

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
MTD maybe? Not sure they labeled any generic though; would have suspected White, or CubCadet ect. in that case.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Walker makes a mower model MT but I did not see a brand named MT. The list appears fairly comprehensive.
Can you get a picture of it? Walker's in particular have a unique design. They (Walker's) are a very good mower.