• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ANSS Trip

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I've just been tasked with temporarily working on a different seismic project. Normally, I'm installing a system every 60KM across the country, working from the west coast to east coast, north in the summer and south in the winter. We just finished eastern MT and are starting in eastern WY this month, trying to stay ahead of the snow. More on that...

http://www.earthscope.org/observatories/usarray

Now they've asked me to break away and head east to throw some gear in the ground for this project...

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/monitoring/anss/

Hopefully, I can knock it out in the next 1-2 weeks and get back in time to stay on schedule. Ok, now for why this is in the Travel' forum...here's a map of the route, roughly, that I'll be taking.

anss.JPG

It's kind of cool that this fell into my lap this week. I was just about to finalize my pllans for the FF trip to Docs. Now it looks like I can do it on the customers tab! :thumb: Should be able to make it to Docs right on time. So, look for me in a Starbucks near you. Oh, did I mention...I'll have SnoOps with me. :pat:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I've just been tasked with temporarily working on a different seismic project. Normally, I'm installing a system every 60KM across the country, working from the west coast to east coast, north in the summer and south in the winter. We just finished eastern MT and are starting in eastern WY this month, trying to stay ahead of the snow. More on that...

http://www.earthscope.org/observatories/usarray

Now they've asked me to break away and head east to throw some gear in the ground for this project...

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/monitoring/anss/

Hopefully, I can knock it out in the next 1-2 weeks and get back in time to stay on schedule. Ok, now for why this is in the Travel' forum...here's a map of the route. roughly, that I'll be taking.

View attachment 28175

It's kind of cool that this fell into my lap this week. I was just about to finalize my pllans for the FF trip to Docs. Now it looks like I can do it on the customers tab! :thumb: Should be able to make it to Docs right on time. So, look for me in a Starbucks near you. Oh, did I mention...I'll have SnoOps with me. :pat:

The world is coming to an end!.... How can you afford to go to "Starbucks"?

So what kind of flavor do you favor?....

Have a great trip, take lots of photos!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The world is coming to an end!.... How can you afford to go to "Starbucks"?

So what kind of flavor do you favor?....

Have a great trip, take lots of photos!

I'm paid with tax dollars...thank you for your support. :hide:

3-shot whole milk venti mocha in the morning, venti Verona later in the day. :dizzy:

Hope to meet a few more FF weenies enroute, and maybe steal a snowcat or two from Boggie. :rolleyes:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Driving a dually 3500 Silverado Duramax with a loaded utility box (Knapheide KUV).

Attachments

• 125A - Looking East.jpg
    125A - Looking East.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
When you leave Mpls looks like your going to drop down to Mankato and continue south to I90 then west. How long are you in Mpls?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
This is our construction crews map. I may not, and probably won't, follow the same route. I will pick my route as I go. I don't plan on spending more than a day at any one location, but my schedule, like my route, will be flexible. I always stop for free food/coffee...*wink wink nudge nudge*.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
This is our construction crews map. I may not, and probably won't, follow the same route. I will pick my route as I go. I don't plan on spending more than a day at any one location, but my schedule, like my route, will be flexible. I always stop for free food...*wink wink nudge nudge*.

Didn't Vin Steal some coffee from you? I might be able to replace that depending on what day you be going through?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
No firm dates yet. Heading for Billings, MT tonight to pick up gear that should be there tomorrow or by Friday latest. Then we'll start working west, probably in the order of ND, SD, MN, NE, IN, 'FF', NC, SC. So, should be in MN by early next week.

Yup, he scammed some coffee off me, but he did leave a few bits of Aussie candy. The Violet Crumble is very similar to what I knew as 'Olde Fashioned Molasses Candy' in the northeast, except the Violet Crumble has a more uniform consistency and is covered in chocolate.

Cityboy

Banned
Yup, he scammed some coffee off me, but he did leave a few bits of Aussie candy. The Violet Crumble is very similar to what I knew as 'Olde Fashioned Molasses Candy' in the northeast, except the Violet Crumble has a more uniform consistency and is covered in chocolate.

Given Vin's propensity to gift Roo Nuts, you should be glad he didn't give you some real mole asses.

I see some small squiggly green lines from Joplin to Tulsa to OKC. You planning to come down and buy me lunch on your GSA credit card?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm paid with tax dollars...thank you for your support. :hide:

3-shot whole milk venti mocha in the morning, venti Verona later in the day. :dizzy:

Hope to meet a few more FF weenies enroute, and maybe steal a snowcat or two from Boggie. :rolleyes:
That's possible.. :mrgreen:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Given Vin's propensity to gift Roo Nuts, you should be glad he didn't give you some real mole asses.

I see some small squiggly green lines from Joplin to Tulsa to OKC. You planning to come down and buy me lunch on your GSA credit card?

I've got some mole skins, close enough?

Not sure what those green squigglys are since it's not my map, but I suspect toll roads. Will Rogers for one?

Does anyone accept the govt card anymore? I thought everyone had switched to AMEX. Okieland isn't on the schedule for this run, but we'll be there soon enough.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
You coming through east or west of Sioux Falls? I might even be able to catch up with you in Sioux Falls for that matter. If you stop by out here, I'd certainly put on a fresh pot of coffee; I can't match that fancy Starbucks stuff, but suppose I could stir it with a rabid skunk and achieve nearly the right froth.

SnoOps too?! Maybe I better just :hide: instead! :poke: :mrgreen:

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
You can stop in the eastern plains. :wub:What hwy/interstate are you taking into Montana?

daedong

Bob, I will give you a wave as you drive past us! I do still have some violet crumble if you stop though.:biggrin:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Looking forward to meeting fellow FF members. Hopefully Bob will get in tonight. Hes trying to push 1,000 plus miles in one day. Hope that POS GM holds together!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
SnoOps and I made it Dickinson, ND about 30mins ago. Tomorrow we'll be working in Maddock, ND and then push on for SD or MN tomorrow night. A word of warning for anyone ever considering giving SnoOps a ride in their truck...

...keep the windows down. :smileywac

SnoOps-->:fart:<--You

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
SnoOps and I made it Dickinson, ND about 30mins ago. Tomorrow we'll be working in Maddock, ND and then push on for SD or MN tomorrow night. A word of warning for anyone ever considering giving SnoOps a ride in their truck...

I just found this thread!
I can only IMAGINE what it is like with you 2 traveling together! :yum::yum:

Hey how close are you two getting to Chicago? :shock:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Too bad you guys are on a timeline. You could take a 10 hr drive to the northeast once you hit Minneapolis and I could introduce you to a real snowcat..........:thumb:

:hide:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter

I have some fresh peppers from the garden and plenty of beans; how about a big ol batch of chili to go with that coffee? :whistling:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
We're hanging out with TNuts right now. Heading for Aberdeen, SD tonight, work in Miller, SD tomorrow, then off for M/StP tomorrow night.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Just left TNuts. Had a great time BS-ing and hearing about what he picked up in Duluth. :rolleyes:

Trakternut

Just left TNuts. Had a great time BS-ing and hearing about what he picked up in Duluth. :rolleyes:

Dammit! That wasn't me! :blink: I've never been to Duluth in my life.

It was fun! Hopefully, sometime in the future, our "session" can last a little longer than an hour and three quarters.

Boy, oh, boy! Did I ever hear the dirt from Bobcat on.......oops! :doh: Guess I'd better not say. :shifty:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter

It was fun! Hopefully, sometime in the future, our "session" can last a little longer than an hour and three quarters.

Boy, oh, boy! Did I ever hear the dirt from Bobcat on.......oops! :doh: Guess I'd better not say. :shifty:

You guys role a new character for D&D? :rolleyes:

Everyone is visiting everyone except for me. Im not taking ANY more photos of myself. Its scaring folks off. :(

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

hmmmmmmmmmmmm:shifty: