• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Show Your Desktop Background

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Gunner-smiley.gifiron.JPG

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks PG for showing me how to do this. Me and my granddaughters at the fair in 2007

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 197

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good picture Dur!!!!! :thumb:
They look like little sweethearts!

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice and organized. I HATE a cluttered desktop. My 5 y/o moved all my short cuts around once. That's a GREAT way to make daddy twitch.:bonk:

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 175

American Woman

Site Supporter
Nice and organized. I HATE a cluttered desktop. My 5 y/o moved all my short cuts around once. That's a GREAT way to make daddy twitch.:bonk:
yeah, that would send Redneck thru the roof ! I'm gonna do it just for kicks. I might even make a couple disappear
icon10.gif

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
yeah, that would send Redneck thru the roof ! I'm gonna do it just for kicks. I might even make a couple disappear
icon10.gif

Follow these steps....
  1. Take a screen capture of his desktop.
  2. Save this image somewhere.
  3. Delete all icons from desktop.
  4. Set the above saved image as the desktop background.
This will drive him nuts because all the icons will look like they are there, but they won't do a damn thing when clicked on because it's just the background picture.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Follow these steps....
  1. Take a screen capture of his desktop.
  2. Save this image somewhere.
  3. Delete all icons from desktop.
  4. Set the above saved image as the desktop background.
This will drive him nuts because all the icons will look like they are there, but they won't do a damn thing when clicked on because it's just the background picture.
Why didn't you PM me this???? He will see it now! :bonk:
This would have been great!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would suggest chaning step three from deleting icons to moving them to another folder. Then it will be a whole lot easier to restore after the joke. Just highlight them all and create a dir named desktop_backup and move them all there with a cut and paste.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Here's mine just clean and simple......

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 170

garygaboury

I would suggest chaning step three from deleting icons to moving them to another folder. Then it will be a whole lot easier to restore after the joke. Just highlight them all and create a dir named desktop_backup and move them all there with a cut and paste.

This is one of the best ways to drive someoone crazy. I would recommend instead of moving the icons, or deleting them you can just right click on the background and remove the check from show desktop icons in the view menu. They will come back exactly as they were when you put the check back.

If the start bar is unlocked (right click then unlock) you can also grab the top of it and drag it down a bit smaller. That way when someone clicks on the start button they are actually just clicking on the "new" background...

Gary

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
1200 LMC Snow Cat Looking Across highway 16 At The Hazelton Peaks.

I change my background as my mood dictates and use pics or images I like.

Desktop (Medium).jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is one of the best ways to drive someoone crazy. I would recommend instead of moving the icons, or deleting them you can just right click on the background and remove the check from show desktop icons in the view menu. They will come back exactly as they were when you put the check back.

If the start bar is unlocked (right click then unlock) you can also grab the top of it and drag it down a bit smaller. That way when someone clicks on the start button they are actually just clicking on the "new" background...

Gary

:yum: Good idea Gary. That is a better way to accomplish the same thing. :thumb:
Welcome to FF!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
here's mine.......I change it often.....that's my little guy out feeding the ducks last summer at our campstie.....

Attachments

• evan.jpg
    evan.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 126