• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Screw driven off road vehicle

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
Pixie you need that in your wood lot!!! I sure would'nt want to run into that thing on trail,but sure could have used it when we first put the trail in.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Roughwoods, you must have seen all the swamp on my woodlot :yum:

But I don't think it would like the rocks anymore than the Imp does.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Ford or some other tractor maker experimented with the screw drive system way back when. I am not sure why it didn't go too far in production.

Have you ever considered, say, and 8n or 9N with the fordson track conversion? very popular before the skidder.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty neat video! Nice Post! There were various American attempts at this same design. One of the Failed attempts by BP is up here in Alaska. It was much bigger, but didn't preform anywhere near as well as this Russian machine.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
There was a screw drive machine that the City of Anchorage had bought in the 60's that was suppose to be used out in the tidal flats for rescue, but it didn't pan out.

The major road block in them was the amount of damage that was done to the terrain after passing over it... In Russia, they didn't have "Friends of the Earth" chasing them down with banners!

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
I remember a couple of years ago there was a crew that tried to cross the Bearing Sea with two. One went down and the other was badly damaged by the ice.
It was on the History Channel or Discovery....