• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TBN Post deleted ...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Made me look. I haven't even peeked at that website in a couple months.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
what did you say to piss them off. The only post I see is you asking why he bought the tilt meter in the first place, but you did say your post was deleted. What did you say in the post that was deleted?

murph

dzalphakilo

Banned
I've been told that if anyone finds your comments offensive, that is reason enough to delete your posts.

Mike in Pa and Bird are a couple of amazing men who can't keep their stories straight on why posts can be deleted.

Bird is overworked and not paid to do his "job" as a moderator, so mistakes can be made.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just for the heck of it I googled for TBN & Tractor. I wanted to see if FF would show up. We didn't, not on the 1st two pages at least, but I did find this quote on the diesel stop forums:
From what I've read over at TBN (haven't been over there in a while- too many yuppie wanna-be farmers) ...
It made me chuckle, though at the time I was one of them. I was still a member back in 2004 when this quote was made. :pat:
Here is the page I found it on:
http://www.thedieselstop.com/archiv...987&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1.htm

Look for the post by: James_Jimmy

Deerlope

I go to TBN a couple of times a day. You are right about the wanna be farmer. Guys over there buying tractors that have never driven one before, to say nothing about operating one. I just read and smile. Getting in a pissing match over isn't worth the trouble for me.

DAP

what did you say to piss them off. The only post I see is you asking why he bought the tilt meter in the first place, but you did say your post was deleted. What did you say in the post that was deleted?

murph

I can't recall exactly what I said, but it wasn't life-threatening but was definetly assertive! (OK, rude?) It was in a diesel engine thread and there was simply too much bad information. I also used the expletive "wisea$$" .. which hazmat found "creative" ....

Censorship is not necessarily a bad thing! :moon:

I would imagine less than 8% of TBNers are making a living farming or could be called farmers. I watched one guy (definetly not a farmer) wait for his M5040 for 4 months. Before he had the machine, he had 400 posts with the last 300 giving out sound advice on anything from selecting a dealer to operating an HST properly.

Youthful enthusiam I guess!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
All you have to do is read a few posts on any subject on TBN, and after that you are considered an expert.. Unfortunately there are very few knowledgeable people left on TBN, and what few there are, they don't post very often. You might say that they have successfully dumbed down the site to the common denominator of the average IQ of an idiot. With people like MikePA, Bird, and a few of the other moderators, you can't expect that a person with much intelligence would want to post very often. Even people like Pineridge have abandoned TBN.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
"Re: TBN Post deleted ..."

I had so many posts deleted I quit visiting the site.

If I didn't agree 100% that the world is wonderful, all tractors are created equal... my post(s) got deleted.

I actually thought they had me mistaken as Dargo for awhile because so many of mine got deleted.:poke: :tiphat: :rolleyes:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I actually thought they had me mistaken as Dargo for awhile because so many of mine got deleted.:poke: :tiphat: :rolleyes:

Yup, I am so impressed by that place that I deleted myself there. As long as they have dipshits like Bird ruling the roost, I have absolutely zero interest in such a place. No if's, and's, or but's about it; Bird is a senile old dumbass who happens to also be a royal asshole. Questions? :)

Besides, I too have seen far, far too much wise advice from people who have seen a tractor once. Nothing against Kioti, but I've never seen so many people deem a tractor as superior to all other tractors in the first 20 hours of owning their first tractor as Kioti owners. I laughed my ass off at the idiots who proudly list every possession they own in their signature as well as keeping a running count there of the hours on their tractor. I'm sorry, but when someone brags so much that their tractor has made it 200 or 300 hours, I just have to laugh. Heck, I even had a post deleted one time when I suggested to get back with us after about 10,000 hours and that nobody is impressed that their 30k tractor has made it to 400 hours.

The relatively surprising part is that the dumbasses running the place would rather allow down right dangerous bad advice from fools to be the norm rather than actual accurate information based on facts and experience. I've said it before, but I can't help saying it again. The picture in my mind of the "average" TBN member is some moron sitting at his vintage 60's kitchen table in his single wide trailer using his free XP computer his kid got at school to plink out wise advice about how everyone is paying too much for their name brand tractor while looking out the window at his gray market remanufactured Jinma 20 hp tractor he paid $7000 for; since they would finance him with only $3000 down. :yum: For some reason, Bird's face is attached to that image...

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Nah, it's more of a Bird sort of thing. We gots several Kioti owners here.

Shhhh. Don't tell, but I don't think any of us really think there is anything wrong with Kioti. We'd have to, uh, like do something to you if you let that secret out though. :tiphat:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn, Y'all are hard on us yuppie wanna be farmer Kioti 150 hr. tractor drivers!:shitHitFan:

Only if the yuppie farmer is passing out bad info. :D
There is a bit of a history with us and TBN (tractorbynet). It is like a sore that won't heal. It scabs over but then something happens to open the wound back up.
For example one of the TBN mods joining here just to stir the pot. It is near impossible to be sure. But ... if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ...chances are it's a duck.

Edit to add:
A little history for those that don't know:
ForumsForums was an idea I had while reading posts on TBN about folks upset with censorship they witnessed on TBN. I thought I could start a forum to talk about things that were not allowed on TBN (Politics, Debate, Religion etc). Thus the OFF Topic Forums were born. I contacted Junkman who had earned a huge following on TBN. I asked Junk if he would be interested in the new forum and he said yes. (THANKS Junk!). I posted about this new forum in the Rural Living forum on TBN saying this was a place to discuss things TBN did not allow on their site.
Mossroad removed the post shortly after I posted it. But betwwen that post and Junk's friends this forum was started. And, as they say, the rest is history. :D

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Seriously Dargo ,
Don't hold back ..... Tell us how you really feel . :yum: :yum:
I own a Kioti and they are a great little tractor but so is most brands I looked at . But turth be told My Kioti is probably better than your tractor... :yum: :yum: :shitHitFan: :moon: . just funnin you . I agree about 110% .

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
If so then DARGO it seems you have a not so secret admirer! Do you always leave such strong opinions about you on the web?:yum: :poke: :rolleyes:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
So is Bird on TBN the same ASSHOLE who posted here under the name of FEATHERED 1? Does he have a bird fettish?

Holy crap Batman!!! It's late in the day and I had to do a double take. I nearly fell out of my chair thinking you just said that "Does he have a turd fettish?" :eek: :yum:

I guess the "ASSHOLE" above got me off course...:tiphat:

RedRocker

Only if the yuppie farmer is passing out bad info. :D
:D

I know Doc, I never gave out farm advice, I'm a city boy that owns 17 acres of trees and rocks. I might chime in on machine shop or fabrication or guns and stuff, but nobody will confuse me with anyone that knows anything.:idea:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
PUBLIC APOLOGY TO BIRD, MOSSROAD, MIKEPA, AND ALL THE OTHER MODERATORS AT TBN.......

On behalf of the moderators, webmaster, and members of ForumsForums, I publicly apologize to all of you for what has been said about TBN, its members, moderators, and owners. The problem is that they just don't know how to talk to f**kin a$$hole jerks like you..... :thumb:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
PUBLIC APOLOGY TO BIRD, MOSSROAD, MIKEPA, AND ALL THE OTHER MODERATORS AT TBN.......

On behalf of the moderators, webmaster, and members of ForumsForums, I publicly apologize to all of you for what has been said about TBN, its members, moderators, and owners. The problem is that they just don't know how to talk to f**kin a$$hole jerks like you..... :thumb:

Glad your feeling better Junk! You must be as your back in fine form!:thumb:

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I go to TBN a couple of times a day. You are right about the wanna be farmer. Guys over there buying tractors that have never driven one before, to say nothing about operating one. I just read and smile. Getting in a pissing match over isn't worth the trouble for me.

I still go there, but I do not go for tractors as much. Even though I am proud of my home made TnT, there is only so many times you can rehash the subject. I have been over there since the original kubota only site. I have an older tractor, have learned what I need to complete my projects. Now the tractor posting is only once in a great while. Kinda worn out on all that; again, how many times can you rehash stuff?

I never got to play wanna be farmer:) I just have five acres that need mowing, and a driveway to maintain:tiphat:

I've never had any real issues over there, but did really miss some of the posts and comaraderie of those that left over the years. Part of how I found this site:thumb:

RedRocker

I never got to play wanna be farmer:) I just have five acres that need mowing, and a driveway to maintain:tiphat:

I've never had any real issues over there, but did really miss some of the posts and comaraderie of those that left over the years. Part of how I found this site:thumb:

Same here, I needed a tractor with no clue as to how big or what implements. Found TBN and picked folks brains for about a year before I bought mine. Great place for the ignorant to learn something and meet some great folks.

dgl24087

I made a post over there basically questioning the policy of not allowing links to CL or eBay when TBN had 5 obviously bogus listings for tractors, all priced at $2900 by the same lister in Texas. MikePA made a smartass comment that instead of "whining" about it, I should have clicked on the "Notify Moderator" icon. His post was removed and the thread locked.

goldchaser

Hi all, am a newcomer to forumforums or whatever....:) Hey Doc!!! I was a recent new member of TBN and invited under the table over to here. I was more than happy to make the move since a post I made on TBN regarding chinese tractors :shitHitFan: got attacked. It wasnt the online replies so much as the PMs I got that pursuaded me that I would look for greener pastures...:moon: I still look in there but rarely posted lately. This is myfirst post here on forums forums Off topic though I have been posting in the Tractor forum under the same ID. I even went to Countrybynet and got attacked over there....by some animal rights nut, anti hunting whatever. My first reply to the idiot got deleted. But his attack on me didnt. Go figure.

Here and on the tractor forum started by Doc I feel right at home. I dont like word wars and rarely have ever got involved but I ran several forums back in Fidonet days, in the late 80's and early 90's, and with the requisite BBS. Those were fun days. To bad the internet caused the bbs world to :toilet:. Of course forums like this one have replaced the old BBS's. But I still miss the old days. Guess I have really dated myself, havent I? :beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Goldchaser, glad you signed up here also. :thumb:
Censorship was the one biggest complaint on TBN at the time I opened this forum. Sounds like things have not changed much. Those in power act as if it is their way or the highway. Quite a few ex TBN ers have found their way over here, and we're glad they did. Thanks to Google we've also attracted quite an array of folks. A very diverse group but we all find something in common to chat about.
I enjoyed the old BBS's to. Talk about dating yourself ... my first online account was through Compuserve back when they appeared to be the only ISP around. :hide:

goldchaser

Hey Goldchaser, glad you signed up here also. :thumb:

I enjoyed the old BBS's to. Talk about dating yourself ... my first online account was through Compuserve back when they appeared to be the only ISP around. :hide:

I had one of those accounts too. In fact, I was one of the group of that tested AOL before it went public. Charter member. :coolshade

Forgot to add....right after I posted this morning, I was barefoot and was hurrying to do something and stubbed my foot on the door frame and broke my foot. The bone just back of my little toe on my left foot. Talke about stupid.:pat:

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
AOL was okay back then. I guess they grew to big for their britches and were bought out and went straight downhill. Same thing with Netscape. That was the first graphic internet browset I used. Good until they were bought out.

jbrumberg

I was "chided" once by a moderator for posting a link to a "parasitic" site at TBN. I tend to "sugar coat" things :respect: so I do not get in trouble over there. I agree with the comments about bad advise made by idiots with no real experience with tractors and/or tractor attachments :4_11_9: . Some may even think that I am an idiot, but any advise I give/gave is on tractors and attachments that I
own(ed) and use(d) (even if I use them incorrectly) over the 1000+ hours I have logged on my tractors. That ArtVanDelay guy really pissed me off a while back :argueing: , no one "moderated" that jerk, but I did a good job with self-regulation :smileywac . There has been a significant dropoff of meaningful and educational posts at TBN recently :toilet: . My post rate has seriously dropped off there as well. I do not like the "Big Brother" activities that I have recently noticed there either. I used to learn something over there. I still go there daily due to curiosity and need for amusement. I am surprised that RJ has not appeared here. I will admit that I am a member of his "Fan Club" :pat: . I am still looking for a hat like his. I am glad to be here :coolshade .

Jay