• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

lets Rodeo in Panama !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I spend a lot of time in the Caribbean side of Panama on a little group of Islands . We do a lot of sightseeing and adventuring when we are down there . There's always a little Cafe/Bar on the beach that is fairly close .

So one day after being on the water for most of the day we stopped at a little hatched roof cafe to get a cold Beer ,on one of the smaller islands .:burp:

I am sitting there looking out at the water ,when all of the sudden I hear a cow making all kinds of noise ????? Pretty soon a local native comes running out of the bush with a long rope ...????? He jumps in a Dug out canoe that has a 40 HP motor hanging off the back . He ties the rope to the back,takes off and starts pulling for all he is worth . The rope stretches tight. He is making very little headway ????

This is strange , I think to myself .:confused2:

About this time , about 200 feet back on the rope I now see 4 men pulling as hard as they can . Behind them about 40 more feet comes out one of the biggest bulls I have ever saw . It must have weighed 1500-2000 pounds . It is pissed off ,has its feet dug in and is throwing snot everywhere . Behind it about 4 more locals are trying to push ,hold a second rope and keep from getting squished .

By now I am trying to figure out what in the hell are they doing ?????:unsure:

Pretty soon they get the Bull in the water . As soon as the bull loses its grip it just floats like a cork . The men hold the rope tight while the boat circles back . They then tie the bulls head and horns in a noose and tie it to the side of the boat .

Everybody jumps in and off they go .... bull along side !

I sat there amazed at what I had just saw . The Cafe Owner explained that was how they moved animals that large from one island to another .

Only in Panama .....You gotta love it !:yum: