• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just when you think you know your kids .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It was Easter 1984 . The local Lions club was putting on a Easter egg hurt .
My 4 year old son was so exicted and ran like crazy to find some eggs for his basket . As we were getting near the end of the hunt a little girl was crying .... She had no eggs in her basket . My son never said a word ... he just went over and placed half his eggs in her basket . My heart melted on the spot . Oh lord to be like children again ...... God bless our children ..... :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had sort of the same thing happen with our oldest son this past summer at his birthday. We asked him before his birthday what he wanted. His reply.......

I don't want anything but money!

We asked him what he wanted to do with the money.

His response.........get ready for this. (remember, this is coming from a 10 yr old)

Well, I heard about this program where you can buy things like clothes, books, food, medicine for kids in 3rd world countries so that's what I want to do for my birthday.

Sure enough, he brought home a paper that showed all the details. We checked into it and it was legit. You could even buy livestock for families in third world countries. For example...chickens were $10, pigs were $15, cows were $30.

So, everyone chipped in and he ended up with $250 if I recall. He bought $220 worth of things for people in third world countries. He then bought himself something for $30 a the store.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
We had sort of the same thing happen with our oldest son this past summer at his birthday. We asked him before his birthday what he wanted. His reply.......

I don't want anything but money!

We asked him what he wanted to do with the money.

His response.........get ready for this. (remember, this is coming from a 10 yr old)

Well, I heard about this program where you can buy things like clothes, books, food, medicine for kids in 3rd world countries so that's what I want to do for my birthday.

Sure enough, he brought home a paper that showed all the details. We checked into it and it was legit. You could even buy livestock for families in third world countries. For example...chickens were $10, pigs were $15, cows were $30.

So, everyone chipped in and he ended up with $250 if I recall. He bought $220 worth of things for people in third world countries. He then bought himself something for $30 a the store.

Thats great ! Kids !You gotta love them !
I ended up buying a cow (buLL) a few years ago in Panama . To this day , i have never seen it .My care taker , Juan asked me to help . He(bull) is on some island keeping the girl cows happy . It really does not matter . the amount was very little and the rewards were great . I am helping populate cows in Panama .:clap:

brazospete

It was Easter 1984 . The local Lions club was putting on a Easter egg hurt .
My 4 year old son was so exicted and ran like crazy to find some eggs for his basket . As we were getting near the end of the hunt a little girl was crying .... She had no eggs in her basket . My son never said a word ... he just went over and placed half his eggs in her basket . My heart melted on the spot . Oh lord to be like children again ...... God bless our children ..... :smile:
I know this is not PC but Jesus said "If you do not come again as a little child ye shall in no wise enter the Kingdom of Heaven"