• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Show Your Desktop Background

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Well mine's blank like GB's (except 18% gray). I figure there will always be an application open, so all I need is icons.

But I just bought a new 24" monitor (discussed in my monitor thread) so I'll show you my literal desk with the new and old monitors - a Samsung 245bw, and the old Mitsubishi from Y2K.

The pc speakers are Dynaco A-25's plus little RS Minimus 7's, with a stereo amp boosting them. I'm not a gamer, but I could accompany a game with a deafening racket if needed. Here's a little vid/sound file I have online - a cold start of my tractor - that will rattle your cubicle if you happen to read this at work. Crank it up loud and get Monday off to a good start!

P1180518rSams&MisuDualMonit.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Love those minimus 7's CA. They are kick butt speakers for such little things. How do you boost them? Can you plug your computer outs into an amplifier?? I thought that would overdrive the amp and everything would be distorted, so I never tried that. What size amp do you use for that. I'm liking the idea.

Gatorboy

Well mine's blank like GB's (except 18% gray). I figure there will always be an application open, so all I need is icons.

Exactly. It's rare I even see my desktop as I showed above -- so why make it 'busy' with a picture -- and when I need to find an icon, I can see them clearly and easily, for they are not absored in some other colorful image.

Reaper497

Young Buck
Site Supporter
yep, you must have XP Pro Media Edition too.

Jim

No :respect: I had to take an Art History class this semester...And in the class we talked about that drawing. It's Da Vinci's original ideas about the helicopter....many many many years before one was ever invented.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No :respect: I had to take an Art History class this semester...And in the class we talked about that drawing. It's Da Vinci's original ideas about the helicopter....many many many years before one was ever invented.

Get to class!!!!!!!!!

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Love those minimus 7's CA. They are kick butt speakers for such little things. How do you boost them? Can you plug your computer outs into an amplifier?? I thought that would overdrive the amp and everything would be distorted, so I never tried that. What size amp do you use for that. I'm liking the idea.
Doc, Line-Out from a sound card is the same specification as Aux Input on a stereo amp, about 1.5 volts at full volume. Maybe you were thinking of Mic Input, which runs on millivolts.

For a pc system where you are nearly using the speakers as headphones, a clean 5 watt amplifier should be nice, and 10 watts will make a fine racket.

I think RS closed out those Minimus 7 mini-speakers about 15 years ago. I bought these as closeouts, when some review said the next model wasn't as good as these classics. They are great for everything but the lowest octaves.

The other gear in my photo is all classics from early 70's - 80's. Dynaco A25's were the classic poor-audiophile speakers and remain classics. Nothing else had such clean bass in a bookshelf sized speaker. I bought these back then, then superseded them with Dahlquist DQ-10's in the living room when I finished grad school and got a 'real' job, 1978.

The Onkyo A25 amplifier (1981, 40 watts/channel) and matching tuner cost $19.95 from Goodwill a couple years ago. Again, classics that audiophiles are still chasing today.

The Beam Box tunable FM antenna was from about 1979. Another Goodwill find. I see they cost $50 new, and still bring nearly that on Ebay today.

It's probably obvious that audio gear was my hobby before pc's!

BoneheadNW

This is my desktop at home. You might have seen this somewhere before. What can I say? My dog was my first baby, and while he has passed on I never want to forget my boy.
Bonehead

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 133

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My latest ...........

Attachments

• zrmzynii4hzyzj2dc5mh.jpg