• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1342 tucker transfer case( metal shavings )

Aaron Tucker

i have a 78 1342 tucker cat . the transfer case has some metal shavings in the fluid. is that normal ? if not what do i need to do ? dose it just need a chain . no major fail yet but I have been noticing it .

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have changed my fluid in the 68 442 a few times. No metal. I would say metal is bad. Swap to magnetic plugs and see how long and how much after a good change and flush of the case.

Aaron Tucker

mine is a 78 chain driven transfercase . I have had a couple people tell me that its normal if I'm pushing the machine hard , and I had been pushing it to 20mph. I want to avoid a major failure in the field. I'm going to change it out and use some expensive gear oil in it . I already have 2 magnetic plugs in the case .

Aaron Tucker

626-aa4db7dfb3c8[/IMG]

here is what i found . some of its magnetic some is not . what do you guys think ? will i be alright running this year or should i drop the whole t-case and split it .