• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Garman montana 650t

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
a recent trip required I needed to get a new gps so I picked up a Garman
Montana 650t. the thing has a ton more features than I need and a price tag much higher than I liked $600.00 here in Nome. the screen is large enough to be a usable size for auto navigation it in fact is loaded with turn by turn programing, it also has world wide topo maps preloaded. that was the feature I needed. I found the trip computer cool as did I like the altimeter it also comes with a camera that takes some nice pictures. for a full featured unit I find it very user friendly for adding way points and some of the other functions if I have one beef other than the price it is I wished it came with a styles as my fat Scandinavian fingers don't work well with touch screens, I have the same problem with my I phone.i have already stuck Velcro to the back of it so I can stick it on the dash of my snow trac my old nuvi cigarette lighter cord also works withy it to power it up when driving also in battery saver mode I get pretty good life out of the supplied lion battery it also comes with provisions to run aa batterys in the field.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I just got the Gaia Topo App for my iPhone. It has some pretty nice features and even works offline or with just the GPS enabled. Probably not as many features as a dedicated unit but good enough for the backwoods around here.