• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Decent sized dump truck and dozer

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
My son and I spent some time playing with some reasonably large equipment. Here's a few pictures of the equipment. Think I could get some work done?

Attachments

• D11 with son.jpg
    D11 with son.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Dump truck.jpg
    Dump truck.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Dump truck rear view.jpg
    Dump truck rear view.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 79
  • excavator.jpg
    excavator.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 79

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah, you also need a trailer to haul the dozer and excavator...

Attachments

• Dozer trailer.jpg
    Dozer trailer.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 73
  • D11 Dozer.jpg
    D11 Dozer.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 75

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
Nope. You'd probably accidentally knock down a corner of your house though. :yum:
Dave, its more likely the corner of the house would be the only thing left standing :oops:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
You see, I needed that big stuff to pick up a few items for the beach/sand volleyball area I'm putting in at the lake by my house. These 8' cross ties weigh almost exactly 210 pounds each. Can you guess how much weight is in the bed of my pickup?

P.S. My back hurts so bad now that they'll have to stay in there until tomorrow. :oops:

Attachments

• cross tie load.jpg
    cross tie load.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 71

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
More than what it should be on there. Looks like you can flip your drop hitch and still be ok.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
These new Toyota pickup truck ads that are all over TV are beginning to annoy me. They make like the new Tundra pickup is the strongest, fastest, most powerful pickup in the world along with having the best brakes. They boast about how much you can haul in the bed. Our local dealer is "selling" people that they don't need a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton with the new Tundra.

I say BS. Lets see one of those new bad ass Tayotey pickups haul 5500 pounds in the bed of their truck for 40 miles. And, more importantly, lets see that pickup outrun a 2 wheel drive 5.4 liter Ford pickup from a dead stop with said load in the bed. Nothing against Toyota, but their truck ads are just a bit too far over the top for me. They always say "this is the truck you need". Oh yeah? Let's see it make it one day doing what I do with my 11 year old, worn out, Dodge pickup. I really wonder how it would handle 20k worth of weight behind it on a trailer. For some reason, I sort of doubt that the Toyota would hold cruise at 75 mph all the way across the state of Pennsylvania on I 80. Heck, my old worn out Dodge never even down shifted on any of the inclines pulling that load.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
I'll bet those can do almost as much as your RTV. :thumb:

I think it's starting to show that when I do work my equipment, I will push it pretty darn hard, huh?! The biggest part of the time my equipment gets extremely easy use. However, when it comes time to work, work is what it gets.

I wonder why all my friends and even my son seem to disappear when I decide that I want to get some real physical work done...:rolleyes:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
all the way across the state of Pennsylvania on I 80.
You were 25 minutes from my house if you did that trip. We could have had coffee...:rolleyes:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Dargo, who is the other guy in your pictures?
Bone

Um, the one in the blue shirt is my dad and the one in the white tee shirt is my son. My dad claims that I'm older than him. :pipo:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I forgot to mention one thing that is interesting. See the huge set of dual wheels on the dump we are standing next to/under? A few years ago a local redneck got killed by one. Apparently the guy was arrested for trespassing and wanted revenge. So, after hours he sneaked on the property and, after a bit of work, knifed the sidewall of one of those tires. Yup, killed him dead. :mullet:

I took a picture of the air impact that is on a cart and the "floor jack" that they use on that truck, but since these pics were taken with my phone, and there is no flash, they didn't come out. The "floor jack" is pretty cool; it's a giant bottle jack on a four wheeled cart that is powered by a 15 hp gas engine that is also on that cart. :4_11_9:

humor_me

I think Toy-ota is going to need a bunch more than a voice-over guy with a deep voice. And taking 3/4 ton parts to put on a 1/2 ton truck so they can say "this is what you need". All I ever see the toy-ota and tit-an trucks doing is driving down the road - no load. I don't think that type of buyers ever plan to do anything other than drive to the mall.

That six-speed Aisin tranny looks identical to the ones under those Isuzu cab-overs.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Ha, beat this! I unloaded, and stacked, the nearly 5500 pounds of cross ties by myself in just under 1 hour!

...holy shit, I think I'm gonna die...:smileywac

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Either the cross ties are bright white or I can't see your picture.
Bonehead

"...And boy what a blizzard while I was doing it! It was a real 'White-Out'!
:yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Brent, at least you can lift your arms today to type. :yankchain: :D

BoneheadNW

Dargo said:
Okay wise one
I almost used "Wise One" instead of Bonehead when I joined FF. The name Bonehead won because it's more macho- like unloading cross ties from a pickup.:yankchain: :hide:
Bonehead