• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Well guys the first bill Health Bill

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Well it passed by a vote of 245 to 171 though the vote is still going on, now Obama has to sign it and it is law. Now lets see what they do with with the amendments as they are voting on 3 different things. Obama promised the anti abortion group to put out a presidential order to not fund abortion.

Now the crying will begin from the right since elections do seem to have consequences after all folks and welcome to the losing side.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I,m watching it live Joe & That aint what they been voting on so far I dont think . Discused it But I think the votes still to come . But I,ve been wrong before too :unsure:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
It is the first of three bill this one is on waving the rules in the house which is really up to the house. They from the last I heard have at least 217 votes for the bill itself. Now based on that it is pretty much a done deal. The republicans can't stop it regardless and the Senate bill will become law. The rest as per amendments we will see but the senate bill will stand which I never thought would happen. Obama will be signing a health bill into law tonight regardless. The only thing that will stop it now is if the whole government vanished.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh not so fast :hammer:

From ABC news:
Senate Fight Starts: GOP Says Senate Parliamentarian Will Kill Fix-Its Bill
March 21, 2010 5:01 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/20...te-parliamentarian-will-kill-fixits-bill.html

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf reports: The House bill has not yet passed and already we are seeing the reconciliation fight start in the Senate.

Senate Republicans say they can get the whole package of reconciliation fixes – the fix-its that make the Senate plan palatable to House Democrats - thrown out with a trump card procedural motion. And they say Democrats are slow-walking a decision from the parliamentarian until the House passes the Senate bill.

That means the Senate bill, which everyone in the House seems to universally hate, will be the law of the land.

This afternoon Senate Republicans say Democrats won’t meet with them and the parliamentarian – a charge Democratic staffers call “absurd”. (The timing of the allegation also works as a last-minute, probably too-late message to wavering House Democrats).
Bottom line: Don’t expect the health reform debate to end tonight even though the health reform bill will become law as soon as Obama signs the Senate bill.

Should the House pass the Senate bill and the package of reconciliation fix-its tonight, Senators will take over the reconciliation fix-its as soon as Tuesday.

That will set in motion a week or longer parliamentary floor battle with points of order, references to the budget act, the Byrd Rule and more.

For an appetizer, take a look at Senate Budget Committee Ranking Member Judd Gregg’s statement tonight.

“Immediately after receiving the final reconciliation bill language, Senate Republican staff was ready and willing to meet with Senate Democratic staff and the Senate Parliamentarian to discuss the fact that the House reconciliation bill may be brought down by the 310(g) point of order in the Senate. Senate Democrats are mysteriously unavailable until after the House votes on the health care bill tonight. The Senate Democrats appear to be pushing off this meeting so that House Democrats will remain in the dark about what is likely to happen to the reconciliation bill on which many have staked their careers in Congress. House Democrats should be alarmed by this latest development, since the survival of the reconciliation bill is clearly at risk in the Senate.”

If Republicans can get the parliamentarian to agree with them even once, whatever ultimately passes the Senate will have to go back to the House.

And Democrats in the House quietly admit that its very likely they will have to vote again on the reconciliation fixes at some point down the road.​

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh not so fast :hammer:

From ABC news:
Senate Fight Starts: GOP Says Senate Parliamentarian Will Kill Fix-Its Bill
March 21, 2010 5:01 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/20...te-parliamentarian-will-kill-fixits-bill.html

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf reports: The House bill has not yet passed and already we are seeing the reconciliation fight start in the Senate.

Senate Republicans say they can get the whole package of reconciliation fixes – the fix-its that make the Senate plan palatable to House Democrats - thrown out with a trump card procedural motion. And they say Democrats are slow-walking a decision from the parliamentarian until the House passes the Senate bill.

That means the Senate bill, which everyone in the House seems to universally hate, will be the law of the land.

This afternoon Senate Republicans say Democrats won’t meet with them and the parliamentarian – a charge Democratic staffers call “absurd”. (The timing of the allegation also works as a last-minute, probably too-late message to wavering House Democrats).
Bottom line: Don’t expect the health reform debate to end tonight even though the health reform bill will become law as soon as Obama signs the Senate bill.

Should the House pass the Senate bill and the package of reconciliation fix-its tonight, Senators will take over the reconciliation fix-its as soon as Tuesday.

That will set in motion a week or longer parliamentary floor battle with points of order, references to the budget act, the Byrd Rule and more.

For an appetizer, take a look at Senate Budget Committee Ranking Member Judd Gregg’s statement tonight.

“Immediately after receiving the final reconciliation bill language, Senate Republican staff was ready and willing to meet with Senate Democratic staff and the Senate Parliamentarian to discuss the fact that the House reconciliation bill may be brought down by the 310(g) point of order in the Senate. Senate Democrats are mysteriously unavailable until after the House votes on the health care bill tonight. The Senate Democrats appear to be pushing off this meeting so that House Democrats will remain in the dark about what is likely to happen to the reconciliation bill on which many have staked their careers in Congress. House Democrats should be alarmed by this latest development, since the survival of the reconciliation bill is clearly at risk in the Senate.”

If Republicans can get the parliamentarian to agree with them even once, whatever ultimately passes the Senate will have to go back to the House.

And Democrats in the House quietly admit that its very likely they will have to vote again on the reconciliation fixes at some point down the road.

Exactlly Melensdad , Granted I dont know how all this works these days . But this made me concerned & I,m watching it live on My puter from CNN , I Have to because the guberment allreay fixed My TV where I cant hardlly get local news channels :whistling:

This is the only thing I could find where I can watch it live . No clue where Ya,ll are gettin yer info . http://live.cnn.com/ . It may pass but as far as I know it aint yet . I still could be wrong but its very interesting .

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
So be it but the senate passed a bill and the house will pass it as is. That will become law as for the rest it has to go back to the senate but over time if not accepted by the senate it will improves as did Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. But then the Republicans are against funds to the VA even so I expect nothing less of them any more.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
So be it but the senate passed a bill and the house will pass it as is. That will become law as for the rest it has to go back to the senate but over time if not accepted by the senate it will improves as did Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. But then the Republicans are against funds to the VA even so I expect nothing less of them any more.

Joe & Or anybody else that cares , I,m not trying to argue facts or even issues . But I,ve spent the last 6 hours watching this crap live because I would like to know enough about it to make a halfass intelligent opinion on WTF,s even going on .

Is Anyone watching it live or just checking different sites that refer to what might be going on ? I,d just like to know if I,m wasting my time watching it or not , Ya,ll seem to think its a done deal . If it aint been voted on yet , How can you say its passed or going to pass ? I,m just asking what I beleive is a reasonable question , thanks . :biggrin:

mak2

Actually I am watching Purdue, before that it was NASCAR. It is nice to learn about politics, but gotta have prioirties.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually I am watching Purdue, before that it was NASCAR. It is nice to learn about politics, but gotta have prioirties.

Thanks Mak for an honest answer , Thats actually what I pictured about everyone here doing , Cant say I blame Ya I just dont care for sports no more :biggrin: .

Just Seems during the lil breaks Some of Ya,s are posting links or BS from other sites that says its a done deal allready . :biggrin:

mak2

Cram, ram disregard will of the people Leftist crammed. Basically her first sentence.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't say it has passed yet Cowboy but the Democrats have the votes now to shut down the Republicans. All that is left is to count the votes come 9 PM tonight. The vote I reported was on the procedures which the Republicans where also against as every thing else out of this administration. Now you aren't stupid at all or ignorant as you are correct but at this point it is really a done deal.

mak2

Palin just has a list of words. She says several of the words and often they are even connected in a sentence.

Goodness, she is good looking thogh.

Cowboy, I still dont know what is going on.

RobsanX

Gods gift to common sense
SUPER Site Supporter
Cowboy, it's basically a done deal. The last holdouts were the anti-abortion Democrats who worried about language in the Senate bill. They have been appeased, so everything is moving forward.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes I agree Palin is good looking but damned I would hate to have to try to hold a serious conversation with her. I've meet more informed people at a bar than her.

mak2

Yes I agree Palin is good looking but damned I would hate to have to try to hold a serious conversation with her. I've meet more informed people at a bar than her.

She was just spouting out words like cram ram leftist etc often saying several unconnected words, no sentecne structure. Bet she just had a list of words written on her hand :)yum:) to get in.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't say it has passed yet Cowboy but the Democrats have the votes now to shut down the Republicans. All that is left is to count the votes come 9 PM tonight. The vote I reported was on the procedures which the Republicans where also against as every thing else out of this administration. Now you aren't stupid at all or ignorant as you are correct but at this point it is really a done deal.

Thanks Joe , But I guess I dont understand how it can be a done deal untill its voted on . They are all arguing their sides very well IMO & I,m learning a lot . Maybe a little late but better late then never . Some comments could be swaying either side If its not a rigged deal by back door tactics , Just my thoughts .

What I dont get is The Dems are spitting out stats of how many people are dying everyday because they have no insurance . Well People are dying everyday that has the best insurance & This aint gonna go into effect for close to 4 years from what I understand . So If its You Me , Yer neighbors that lets say didn,t have insurance right now . We Just dont count & will just be a statistic , since it wont make any difference for a long while ? Just askin :biggrin:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok I will try to explain this in plan un biased english for you and I'm trying not to come across as talking down or being condesending so please don't take it that way.

First neither the house or senate will bring a bill to the floor without know how many will vote for or against. In other word Pelosi knows she has enough votes to pass the bill or it wouldn't have even hit the floor tonight. Now the democrats actually are voting straight up on the senate bill first instead of the method discussed prior. Not the house is going to accept the senate bill as written though they hate it but even the anti abortion ones are on at this point. It will pass just a matter of formality at this time. Now once that is done Obama will sign it making it law. The house will then put forth their changes which Read says he has enough votes to pass under reconciliation, 54 according to him which I don't doubt. The changes can all be done under reconciliation under the rules of the senate though the republicans will try as the like to stop it they don't have much of a chance. At that point it will be passed and Obama will sign that measure changing what he signed tonight. At this point as I said unless someone takes out the whole government in one big bang it will pass. At this point even I who didn't think it had a chance beleives it will go through tonight with the final vote starting in about 30 minutes or so.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
What I dont get is The Dems are spitting out stats of how many people are dying everyday because they have no insurance . Well People are dying everyday that has the best insurance & This aint gonna go into effect for close to 4 years from what I understand . So If its You Me , Yer neighbors that lets say didn,t have insurance right now . We Just dont count & will just be a statistic , since it wont make any difference for a long while ? Just askin :biggrin:

Now to answer this part of your question, those numbers are not the democrats number but a well respected medical group that put forth those numbers. It is based on studies of people showing up at the emergency room across America that don't have health insurance, so don't see a doctor on a regular basis. Now by the time they show up, it is already to late to save their lives. They then looked to see why they didn't have or see a doctor regularly and found most had no insurance or means of paying for medical treatment. In other words had they had insurance they could of had annual checkups and many of these illness would of been caught at the early stages when there is a chance to cure it. So as you see these numbers are just pulled out of air by democrats it is based on respected medical studies that are bi partisan.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
NP Joe & I didn,t take it other then how you meant it . Sorry But its much easier for me to just talk about it as we are doing rather then debating whats right or wrong with Media BS for so called facts to back up ones side . So I apreciate the time from all of ya to try to explain it to me . Makes for good conversation IMO . :smile:

I cant say I like or agree with the way things are going , But then again I,ve kind of gave up awhile back & Just decided to prepare to take care Of myself & mine , without help from taxpayers or governments help . I Kind off gave up voting 9 years or so ago , Because It just has been so screwed up since then , wether anything even counts or not . This deal the way they are pushing it through proves to me I made the right decision back then . Just the first time its really pissed me off at the way things are & where there headed .

But I,m still listening to it live & cant beleive what I here , I,ll do my best not to share anymore opinions , but dont count on it . :smile: That said Once again I apreciate everyones thoughts & opinions . Bob

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I can understand the giving up on voting, I did for presidential candidates a while back myself. I do vote local but might as well stay home as I've been on the losing side for so long now I'm beginning to feel I either stupid compared to the rest of the population or some kind of fix is in regardless. It seems to me if I vote republican I lose or democrat I lose regardless.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I can understand the giving up on voting, I did for presidential candidates a while back myself. I do vote local but might as well stay home as I've been on the losing side for so long now I'm beginning to feel I either stupid compared to the rest of the population or some kind of fix is in regardless. It seems to me if I vote republican I lose or democrat I lose regardless.

I here Ya Joe , what really pisses me off is I,ve been watching this crap all day & still am , Hell I could be outside watching snow melt :yum:

I Just gota wonder how much these people are getting paid out of our tax dollars to discuss this , air it , whatever & its been going on for how long ? Aint no wonder I lost intrest in the government years ago , Hell I could come off smarter then some of them in public like they are doing today . They waste more time then anything , Spittin , Sputterin & spend more time worrying about how much time each ones got left to talk their BS . :hammer: . Just amazes me . :unsure:

I think I,ll just crawl back in my hole where its safe . Thanks for the interesting conversation though .

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Here you go Cowboy your wish is my command: The current salary (2010) for rank-and-file members of the House and Senate is $174,000 per year. This does not count the best health care in the world paid for by us which isn't part of this and let us not forget what they suck in through campaign contributions that it seems the can keep. The also have a hell of a golden parachute once they retire for either house as well. Not a bad deal almost as good as the average CEO of a fortune 500 company would get if you add a few digits to the bonus money.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Well looks like its over now , but one hell of a lot closer then they said it was earlier 219 Yea 212 Nay . Oh well . Killed most of My day . :biggrin:

brazospete

I'll bet all my rep points (I have no idea how to do it) against a used capslock key that Ubama RENEGS on the PO!
Well It looks like Ubama is undependable as well as not an ideologue! He upped and signed the thing! Too bad nobody took my wager! (not really now I can just stay ignorant about Rep points) How many Attaboy points does it take to equal one awwwshit?