• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Your favorite bread ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Out of all Breads , I would have to say that Sour Dough is my favorite.

They do make a little "Johnny Cake" bread in Panama that I also enjoy . Its like a bagel without the hole in the middle . The cost is about 20 cent each now .

So whats yours ??

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
A good cinnamon break. But I am not allowed to eat much bread anymore so probably anything right now. :ermm:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the 12 grain bread from a local company. Also like the homemade white bread the Amish girl makes me.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
the green kind with pictures of Bengamin Franklin on it?

if we're talking food, dark russian rye.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I like a lot of different bread recipes, but, IMO, the most flavorful are the no-knead breads that ferment anywhere from 12 hours to three days before being baked. This sourdough no-knead bread ferments for 18 hours, and is made with my own sourdough starter. Notice the sheen to the crumb; that's what happens when long fermentation extracts the sugars (and thus the exquisite flavor) from the flour.

P1020165.jpg

P1020168.jpg

P1020162.jpg

For holidays I like a rich Challah bread, with lots of eggs in it and with a cotton candy-like crumb. It's also the best bread to use for making French toast when left to dry out overnight, then dipped in a decadent custard and fried in hot butter. Mmmmmmmm...

Challah-2-041109.jpg

For every day bread and sandwiches, I like my honey whole wheat bread, made with real butter, milk and clover honey. It has a soft, structured crumb that toasts well and holds together a juicy sandwich made with mayo and tomatoes.

ButtertopWholeWheat-2.jpg

Bread032109.jpg

And finally, who doesn't like a sweet dinner roll with a holiday meal, or to just sop up some pan gravy from a roasted chicken or pork roast? Soft and golden brown, they seem to just melt in your mouth.

P1020276.jpg

P1020275.jpg

Maybe I'm not the best person to ask which bread is my favorite.:whistling:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Sourdough and yankee style corn bread.

And Italian

And German Rye

And pumpernickel

And French

And dinner rolls

And focaccia

Basically if it's made out of carbohydrates and it's baked, I will eat it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I like a lot of different bread recipes, but, IMO, the most flavorful are the no-knead breads that ferment anywhere from 12 hours to three days before being baked. This sourdough no-knead bread ferments for 18 hours, and is made with my own sourdough starter. Notice the sheen to the crumb; that's what happens when long fermentation extracts the sugars (and thus the exquisite flavor) from the flour.

P1020165.jpg

P1020168.jpg

P1020162.jpg

For holidays I like a rich Challah bread, with lots of eggs in it and with a cotton candy-like crumb. It's also the best bread to use for making French toast when left to dry out overnight, then dipped in a decadent custard and fried in hot butter. Mmmmmmmm...

Challah-2-041109.jpg

For every day bread and sandwiches, I like my honey whole wheat bread, made with real butter, milk and clover honey. It has a soft, structured crumb that toasts well and holds together a juicy sandwich made with mayo and tomatoes.

ButtertopWholeWheat-2.jpg

Bread032109.jpg

And finally, who doesn't like a sweet dinner roll with a holiday meal, or to just sop up some pan gravy from a roasted chicken or pork roast? Soft and golden brown, they seem to just melt in your mouth.

P1020276.jpg

P1020275.jpg

Maybe I'm not the best person to ask which bread is my favorite.:whistling:

SHOW OFF!!:wow::yum: