• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost a good friend last night

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Received a call this morning from a frantic employee that her fiancée' had passed in the night. Her fiancée' was my Production foreman.

Dave was only 54.

Dave started with us about two years ago as a laborer, but worked his way up to Foreman. He earned the respect of every member of the staff and will be sorely missed. Both as a leader of the team but as a good and loyal friend.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Dang, franc, besides the loss of a good friend it sounds like you lost a valuable man in your CofC. My prayers go to the family.
Mike

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of your loss of your friend and employee.

Jim

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave was formerly a professional roof installer. Two years ago, he helped me save my roof and extend it's service life another few years. This year he was going to assemble a small team and together we would do the entire roof, including the new additions. I was so looking forward to working with him on the projects.

Dave was a really good guy and a fine friend. He will be tough to replace at work, and in life.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So sorry to hear this news. It is always hard when this happens..

I have a co worker/friend who has cancer right now. I wonder every day when it will be the last day.. We will miss them , when they are gone.

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I thought that I posted my condolences in this thread but I can't seem to find it. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. 54 is far too young.

As I get even older, I seem to spend far too much time attending funerals.