• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lowering a tree house

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Mmmmmm zombie thread.... I got it down about two years ago. My neighbor is building (mostly by himself) a huge barn and bought a massive construction forklift for the project. He let me borrow it. I just put the forks under the tree house and supported the structure and then used a bunch of DOT trailer tie downs to strap the building to the forklift frame to make sure it wouldn't slide around. Then cut all the posts and connections and lifted it up and set it down on top of some concrete pads after levelling the leg lengths.
The whole process probably took about two hours doing it by myself.

Then I stared at the tree house for about a year wondering what to do with it. Ended up taking the windows out, smashing it up with my excavator and burning it. I've been on a big clean up and get rid of crap cycle for the last year or so.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Same here, just finished a 4 year clean up of the whole property, dead trees gone, under growth, everything. Was at the point where I just needed to trim low branches with the pole saw. That was until Sunday when we got the storm from hell with 60 mph wind gusts that lasted all day and all night. Power was out for 2 days, running on the generator. Now I have 3 big down trees, one across the driveway, lucky its a horseshoe driveway so I can still get in and out, horse pasture has a broken limb that went across the fence but somehow stayed attached and didn't crush the fence, another in the back yard not as big, but that one hit the fence, plus other down branches all over the property. The good is.
1- nothing fell on the house or vehicles
2- ill have plenty of wood for next winter.

The bad
Im not close to being done anymore. And another storm is on the way.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Those storms hitting the west coast do look devastating. Glad the trees didn't hit your house or vehicles.

FTG-05

Know anyone with a tractor with a front end loader and forks?

vzRWhpp.jpg

2qZzQoH.jpg

jerryrodan

Mmmmmm zombie thread.... I got it down about two years ago. My neighbor is building (mostly by himself) a huge barn and bought a massive construction forklift for the project. He let me borrow it. I just put the forks under the tree house and supported the structure and then used a bunch of DOT trailer tie downs to strap the building to the forklift frame to make sure it wouldn't slide around. Then cut all the posts and connections and lifted it up and set it down on top of some concrete pads after levelling the leg lengths.
The whole process probably took about two hours doing it by myself.

Then I stared at the tree house for about a year wondering what to do with it. Ended up taking the windows out, smashing it up with my excavator and burning it. I've been on a big clean up and get rid of crap cycle for the last year or so.
Thank you for sharing your resourceful approach to relocating and repurposing the tree house. Your commitment to safety and stability while utilizing the construction forklift and DOT trailer tie-downs is commendable. We appreciate hearing about your journey and look forward to more updates on your projects.