• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm working today.
Sure wish our scheduler would get it together and put me on my requested 12 hrs/3× per week.

I face timed with the grandbugs last night.
I simply asked Maddie if Santa was going to come see her soon.
Her Mother barked at me and said I'M NOT enforcing belief in Santa Claus.
Well, Ty is so I guess they're going to be confused depending on which parent they're with, that goes for belief in Jesus and God too.
Yup, young progressives raising my grandbabies.
Ali's new guy is a freak too.
At least Ty's tattooed princess is good to the girls.
My worries never end, I swear.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This morning around 9am I am headed to the Bay Area to buy a Japanese mini truck a Suzuki cary to be exact, I went back and forth about getting one of these or a side by side for the Mountain property and settled on the mini truck. they have a 3 cylinder gas engine with 5 speed manual 4 wheel drive with hi and low range with Diff lock heater radio just like a real truck. No belt drive real transmission with gears a real transfer case and clutch like full size scaled down. they weigh under 1500# with a top speed of 60 mph some even have A/C , dump beds, sizzor platforms and other configurations even vans.I got this one for 5k with 20k miles. When I get it home I will take some pictures and post them. There are lift kits, big tires even track kits available for them. in watching video of them off road they do very well and will go anywhere a Ranger or RZR will go with a lot more comfort. Marty

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This morning around 9am I am headed to the Bay Area to buy a Japanese mini truck a Suzuki cary to be exact, I went back and forth about getting one of these or a side by side for the Mountain property and settled on the mini truck. they have a 3 cylinder gas engine with 5 speed manual 4 wheel drive with hi and low range with Diff lock heater radio just like a real truck. No belt drive real transmission with gears a real transfer case and clutch like full size scaled down. they weigh under 1500# with a top speed of 60 mph some even have A/C , dump beds, sizzor platforms and other configurations even vans.I got this one for 5k with 20k miles. When I get it home I will take some pictures and post them. There are lift kits, big tires even track kits available for them. in watching video of them off road they do very well and will go anywhere a Ranger or RZR will go with a lot more comfort. Marty
That sure sounds nice. Looking forward to pics of it. I've heard of these mini trucks and would love to get one of them with a dump bed.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This is my weekend to work.
I'm a bit surprised that my friend Julie is leaving nursing to be our activity director.
She's nearing retirement age anyway and thinks it's the best move.
I'll do it until I drop.

Heard an accident down the road when going out to check the mailbox.
Sure enough, the sirens then half an hour later I saw J&R flat beds heading out.
A van and a car.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The guys are supposed to be coming this morning to finish the chimney reinstall on the garage. I'm going to play guitar and sing with my band at a seniors event at the town community center down the road then off to the church to play the service at 5. My fingers will be sore tonight. We practiced for 2 hours last night in the city.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Hi all, I just returned with the mini truck after a 7 hour ride to San Francisco in the rain but worth it. After get it off the trailer and play with it a little I will post more about it in the ATV UTV section. I plan to lift it with bigger wheels and tires and if a set of UTV tracks come up sometime I will get them for the winter. Looking at what they can do on utube with the tracks I may be able to replace the snow cat with it. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 78

Bamby

Nice looking unit. I'd give it some time and run it around a bit the way you intend to use it before you shove some big tires under it. A automatic is far more forgiving for that than a standard is. And you may find it marginal as it is getting it rolling in forward and reverse as is let alone loosing some of the torque you do have to larger tires.

I also see it has a hand brake. I've often wondered why American cars have never came equipped with them. I've lost my brakes a few times over the years and believe me it was only the grace of God that I survived the incidents uneventfully. But a usable hand brake sure would have been useful.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking unit. I'd give it some time and run it around a bit the way you intend to use it before you shove some big tires under it. A automatic is far more forgiving for that than a standard is. And you may find it marginal as it is getting it rolling in forward and reverse as is let alone loosing some of the torque you do have to larger tires.

I also see it has a hand brake. I've often wondered why American cars have never came equipped with them. I've lost my brakes a few times over the years and believe me it was only the grace of God that I survived the incidents uneventfully. But a usable hand brake sure would have been useful.

Check them out on utube big tires, lift kits and tracks have already been done many times with great success. Marty

Pau Diaz

Banned
Nice and strong looking car you have, M1west. Is it customized to carry the best you can load? What we take with us is our means to taking the road to success and overcoming whatever obstacles stand in our way.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm working today so there's that.

Yesterday around 1pm I heard a noise that sounded like a ton of concrete falling into the back of a truck bed from 1,000 feet.
It was heard as far away as 5 counties.
It was a sonic boom from an F-14 going through special exercises flying out of Toledo.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm working today so there's that.

Yesterday around 1pm I heard a noise that sounded like a ton of concrete falling into the back of a truck bed from 1,000 feet.
It was heard as far away as 5 counties.
It was a sonic boom from an F-14 going through special exercises flying out of Toledo.

It's darned loud, isn't it?

The day after 9/11 all flights were grounded until noon. The FAA extended the grounding until 4 pm. Unfortunately, a pilot flying out of our local Municipal Airport didn't hear about the extension and took off in his little plane about 1:30 pm, heading for Dallas. A fighter jet, patrolling his box over eastern Louisiana was sent to intercept. He came over the house low and with full afterburners. There's no telling how many windows that sucker blew out. I was outside in the driveway and it honestly felt as if the ground heaved up about a foot as it passed.

Last edited:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Preparing for a colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures tomorrow.

They assured me they would not use the same tube for both ends.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's darned loud, isn't it?

The day after 9/11 all flights were grounded until noon. The FAA extended the grounding until 4 pm. Unfortunately a pilot flying out of our local Municipal Airport didn't hear about the extension and took off in his little plane about 1:30 pm, heading for Dallas. A fighter jet, patrolling his box over eastern Louisiana was sent to intercept. He came over the house low and with full afterburners. There's no telling how many windows that sucker blew out. I was outside in the driveway and it honestly felt as if the ground heaved up about a foot as it passed.
Loud isn't the word for it.
People heard it 4 counties from the south of here.
I've heard it at air shows, but nothing like this.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm doing sfa today. It's lunchtime and I finally got dressed. Lol. I do have a private scout planning meeting this evening in town.

We have a bigger troop with 16 kids all ages 11-17. It's good but also presents challenges as we have to teach the basics to the first year kids without boring the older kids who have already done it. So this evening is planning more stand alone events for the older kids using more advanced outdoors skills.

Bamby

We have a bigger troop with 16 kids all ages 11-17. It's good but also presents challenges as we have to teach the basics to the first year kids without boring the older kids who have already done it. So this evening is planning more stand alone events for the older kids using more advanced outdoors skills.

Well lets supervise the work of the older kids as they "teach" the younger ones skills. Win win for all involved with everyone learning something..:applause:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll trade you your rain for my -30 celcius windchill.

Did I mention that it's freezing? I've been trying to get the plow truck running for a couple of days. This morning I discovered that the new battery I installed a couple of months ago was a block of ice. Frozen solid.

I went to the city this morning to sign papers for the adoption. We're one step closer. We did a 6 month probation period then the agency made a report to send to the ministry of children services to approve and send back for us to sign. The next step is filing it with the court and waiting for a date to go before a judge to finalize it. It's a long process.

So we don't have roadside trash pickup and the dump is only open Tuesday and Saturday. Yep, I was outside gathering trash for a trip to the dump at -30. We went out caroling last night with the scouts collecting donations for the local food bank. We gathered 100lbs worth of cans.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another day of deep freeze. Currently -35 celcius windchill. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow. Off to the city to pick up a few things then the gym and coffee afterwards. Not much else planned.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, while working today I also plan to pack up the old Dodge today and head to the work cabin tomorrow. Should be a fun trip with lots of snow. So full report with pictures when I return. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up with absolutely nothing to do so I headed out to the garage to install a new breaker and plug for a space heater. Wrong breaker. So back to the city to pick up another one. Got back and went to install the breaker but discovered that I picked up the wrong plug in. One of those days. Oh well.

Back to the city in the afternoon to look at a used snowmobile. Made a deal on it and came back to get the trailer then back to the city for a third time to pick it up.

This evening I started doing some maintenance on it then got a call from she who must be obeyed with a grocery list as she is busy in the city with the kids so out I went to the grocery store in a nearby town 10 minutes away. I'm beat.

Oh, here's the snowmobile. It's a 2001 arctic cat panther 550 with electric start and reverse. Fully loaded. In good shape for the year.
92e0fe2557ed62b7e4871c4c3ca837c7.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My friend Angie is coming up for a visit today.
We're going to Christmas shop and eat somewhere.
Not sure if we're going to Toledo or Bowling Green.
I'd like to eat at Chik-fil-A.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up with absolutely nothing to do so I headed out to the garage to install a new breaker and plug for a space heater. Wrong breaker. So back to the city to pick up another one. Got back and went to install the breaker but discovered that I picked up the wrong plug in. One of those days. Oh well.

Back to the city in the afternoon to look at a used snowmobile. Made a deal on it and came back to get the trailer then back to the city for a third time to pick it up.

This evening I started doing some maintenance on it then got a call from she who must be obeyed with a grocery list as she is busy in the city with the kids so out I went to the grocery store in a nearby town 10 minutes away. I'm beat.

Oh, here's the snowmobile. It's a 2001 arctic cat panther 550 with electric start and reverse. Fully loaded. In good shape for the year.
92e0fe2557ed62b7e4871c4c3ca837c7.jpg
Be it a car repair or something in the house,,, having to go back to the store four or five times is what I hate about DIY.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
At the Urologist today. Needed a blood test.

I told them I didn't study but I would take the test anyway. The nurse smiled and asked if I had been out of the country in the last six months. I asked her "Does Connecticut count?"

The whole place laughed.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
NR, that looks like a great toy. I hope you have fun with it but I've got to tell you, if I lived someplace where I could use one of those … I'd move. :clap::clap::clap:

PG, I've a confession to make, I've never eaten at Chik-Fil-A. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.