• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2020 Sno Cat Clowder ( FEBRUARY 1, 2020 )

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Count me in as well. In the world of snow cats, what can you buy for $100?

Great idea.. If I win I will sell it for a very reasonable price.:thumbup: Not bringing a two place trailer anyway. Besides it isn't a Snow Trac lol...

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Count me in as well. In the world of snow cats, what can you buy for $100?

Great idea.. If I win I will sell it for a very reasonable price.:thumbup: Not bringing a two place trailer anyway. Besides it isn't a Snow Trac lol...

Regards, Kirk

But it might be........

everything is in pairs around here.....

funtracks

I'll add in some words about the event for any newbies, I've made it the past couple years with and without a snowcat. BOTH were great times, the snowcatting and skiing were wonderful. Great friendly crowd so even if you can't make it with your own cat it is still highly recommended and you will find plenty of room available in other peoples cats for a ride (or on them, I have a large roof rack too)! The picture is from one of the many stops during the cat ride where you can stretch your legs, chat with folks and count the number of rollers that fell off since the last stop!

Attachments

• 20190201_110128.jpg
    20190201_110128.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 357

Kristi Kt-4

Just a lil bit of snow... More on the ground now than the 2019 Clowder! :thumbup:

Attachments

• 20191201_083156.jpg
    20191201_083156.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 20191201_095650.jpg
    20191201_095650.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 273

alryA

We just got home and serious snow feel here when we were away. These are taken at Twin Lakes today. This is about 80 miles NE of Ironwood MI. Looks like I'll be grooming trails this week.

Attachments

• P1090455.jpg
    P1090455.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 274
  • P1090448.jpg
    P1090448.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 251

Patroller

We have gotten 40" in Bessemer in the last 5 days. None of it is powder. All heavy snow with high moisture content so it is an excellent base.
The graphic shows snow depth on the ground.

Attachments

• 12-2-2019.jpg
    12-2-2019.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 241

Kristi Kt-4

Any updates on the raffle machine? How many tickets are left? :weneedpic

Talked with one of the Founders of the event.

If there is interest.......

The event is considering a limited position raffle of a machine.

After a brief chat, it became clear that there are a number of machines to choose from.

There are a couple of caveats to consider:

The raffle license would likely be a WI permit. ( the event might have to happen a short 2 miles away from the host)
The machine would be an as-is offering.
The Ticket price would cover the cost of machine with the profit going to a worthy not-for-profit recipient. ( the event tries to hit local food pantry efforts, educational scholarships and Veteran efforts now)
I am thinking a volunteer board of advisers would handle most of this...

As it is an idea at this point, what are your thoughts.......

100 - $100 could satisfy a 4500 tucker 500 expenses and 5000 donation to a charity of some sort.

Feel free to tear at this and take the fun out of it......

After all it is just an idea to get rid of a usable tucker and raise some money for the community.....

Thoughts?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I did not put in for the raffle license.
I assist with a raffle for a not for profit, it is a serious bunch of work and creates a fair amount of folks questioning about every thing.
I am not sure the clowder is the correct venue to tax with a $$ dynamic.
The Midwest event is about as laid back as it could be with Zero registration, Zero Fee's and our host has one rule ( There are no rules )

Additionally:
the snow cat ironically got pressed into duty in the north woods.
the Blue ox trail riders had a fire in their groomer barn and they lost two tractors two drags and a brush cutter, ( in addition to the entire contents and inventory of a club with 179 MILEs of trail)
I sent a Tucker up to assist with the trail prep and I don't see getting it back anytime soon.
Lame humor:
so maybe this year we Go see that guy in the Yoop that has 6 or 7 sitting around and just take one? Doubt he would even miss one?

a photo, cause that is a great idea.

trail F6 ( i assist with F8-F-6 this year ) Trail F-6 has a bunch of wussy trees. My back however is fine, as it is ripped with muscles from watching everyone else volunteering to pack snow and cut trees, Oh wait..... I am sure if we asked for help some would show up, but just having to ask is tiring too.

Attachments

• IMG_20191216_062149_483.jpg
    IMG_20191216_062149_483.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 356

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
  • Alright time to start getting the message out. We have mafia invading, East and West factions.
  • I think a rookie from the rocky mountain region is coming to apprentice
  • Lots of snow machines attendees.
  • Many new snow catters
  • Lodging options are tight with the strong economy, Awhellsnow (sp) has the pulse of lodging...
  • as stated early it is a big snow year

airport cars have been requested, Please post up here so I can remember which airport and or day to drop one at....
The drunk frog is back on, Pine stumps has his tow rig sorted. this entry from decent mfg is something to see.

to the FF members who have attended previously, who's turn is it for swag?
I better get on the rusch river folks in the beverage department.
( there is that unpaid towing bill )

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
2020 MIDWEST CAT CLOWDER AGENDA
THURSDAY, JANUARY 30TH
ALL DAY ARRIVAL
  • Check in, unpack, meet up with friends and relax.
  • Upon request Stormy Kromer does Factory Tours (way cool)
  • Lots of Yooper stuff to do,
  • Trail ride on is usually an exploratory affair, good shake down to make sure you have not picked up any gremlins on the tow.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 31ST
ALL DAY Some folks will still be arriving throughout the day ( event is designed to accommodate varying arrivals )
Early Morning meet up for breakfast (anywhere one desires) and talk a bit before heading on the ride. ( to include, host chalets, restaurants on the facility or off site )

Bring Snacks, Beverage of choice, and Cameras!
Meet in the lower parking lot at Big Powder horn Mountain.
Start your machine to make sure it will run before getting to our destination.

7:15-9 am
Leave parking lot for the ride. (weather, trail conditions and mother nature control this)
7:20-9:05 am
Meet at Copper Peak parking lot. ( this ski sailing facility is a jaw dropper itself)
If you are the first to turn around be sure to pull all the way up the road so others can park and unload behind you.
7:30-9:30 am
Our ride starts. We climb to the top of Copper Peak. Great Photo Op!
Then we will take a ride through the forest. ( routes vary )
12:00 – 12:30
We will stop for lunch, snacks, and usually some track shots! There will be a fire to stay warm and cook lunch. ( the return trek is decided here )
Before Dark Load up trailers and head back to Big Powder horn Mountain.
Here you can meet with our host General Manager Bruce, he will want to hear stories and see pictures.

The UP is famous for their Friday Night fish fry’s
This is also your chance to network with fellow snow catters, have dinner and drinks. ( locations and venues vary, contact KT-4, 100 MPH, 300 H-H, or Redswrl for options)
Enjoy the local night life – some creative stories happen here!

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST

7:30 am to 8:00 am
Please have your snow cat in the designated area before the ski hill opens for the day. ( putting it there the night before is fun, as in to see where you thought you were, ) Ask about the cidiot story……

8:00 AM to 12 pm
Snow cats will be on display for the skiers and general public to view.
This is your chance to brag about your machine and show it off.
The local newspaper usually makes an appearance and asks questions.
This is also an opportunity to ski/snowboard the hill! ( voted Americas best )

11:00-12pm
If there is enough interest, there will be “Snow Cat games”.
Show off your driving skills! ( prizes vary )
There are short trail ride options available if the community expose’ is not your thing *
Hill Close
Prior to the parade, General manager will hold a short drivers meeting by snow cats.
He will lead all the snow cats to the main lodge to show off all the cats. He then will lead us to the top of ski hill for some beautiful photos,
(weather permitting a bonfire somewhere at the facility is planned )
After dark
We will then come down to the Main Lodge for a dinner program.
( if you are lighting challenged fall in as necessary )

Somethings to keep in mind..
• This is a family oriented event, we are all big kids at heart.
• This event happens on county, state and private lands
o This event does not require permits, registration, or fees for participating.
• We are here to have fun and be adventurous as well as respectful..

Hope to see everyone here!

PM redsqwrl for a list of cell phone based contact numbers.

There are a variety of trail options to utilize to get to the lunch rendezvous. This allows many flights to depart the village and all arrive ON time to the Turn, bonfire, Lunch on the lake.

*Experienced leaders will hang back to make sure all folks are accounted for. If you prefer to go explore and take the path less travelled that is an option too, however we do ask that you grab a radio and have means to remain attentive to the radio. You will be free to roam 990.000 acres of land, and it is very easy to get crossed up as there are no natural land features that will prohibit a capable snow cat from going further on. If we know where you are, or where you think you are, we can find you. If we don’t know where you are, generally it is point-less to go look for you.
(there is a plan, in place for this, It should never be needed )

Getting into Canada is not an option, don’t try it.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
  • Alright time to start getting the message out. We have mafia invading, East and West factions.

to the FF members who have attended previously, who's turn is it for swag?
    I better get on the rusch river folks in the beverage department.
    ( there is that unpaid towing bill )

• ah ha, R Squirrel, sir bushy tail,

happy to do swag and dang sure you will regret that decision,

Kitten Klowder swag

alryA

Thanks for all your work getting this organized RS. We've organized events before and people have no idea, all the work that goes on behind the scenes..... You do lots!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the offer Jinn, no cat boxes full of oil dry please......

Let see if we can bait a newby into the endeavor....
North east
Pontoon
Red
awe hell
have all been tasked with it.....

Lets see if a KT or black sheep or a 100 MPH can tackle it.?

If not we can make the tootsie rolls in the crunched up vanilla wafers desert with a appropriately themed logo......

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awhellsnow is working on lodging, if you are a first timer and are wondering about the lodging situation. most folks stay out in the village and generally we find each other via cell phones and or social media. ( like this forum )

there are franchise lodging in near by bessemer and Ironwood MI.
Air Bnb and craigslist lodging are plentiful in the Powder horn basin/village.

I personally try to use the Big powderhorn lodging in an attempt to support our host.
AHS has some chalets that we will be turning back soon.
don't let the weekend rates fool you. the lodges are cheap when you fill them.
In other news.

there is a buzz on the facebook page that tucker is going to be making the trek up from Monico WI. exciting bunch of folks with a great product line to play with. Years past they brought a rabbit to the summer clowder, this is a first time winter showing. I will inquire if the small % over cost is going to be in play this year for parts.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
fyi, it is the kitten Klowder...

and the kitten mafia will be staying in one of the chalets...

east meets west at the kitten klowder

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Stole this off of the Cat Clowder FB page. Does this mean Clint Eastwood is coming to the Clowder?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191230-065310_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-065310_Facebook.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 274

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sweet photo shop. ( that is a photo shop, Right?)

Then again Yooper creations are amazing, that giant homelite and 6" bored muzzleloader over by marquette MI make the bus Plausible?

Four weeks to go!

I saw a goofy looking thiokol, frandee on the web somewhere as well. If memeory serves me correct, I think Our host posted the barn find prototype.... orange wheels Three idlers... Maybe I imagined it ?

Lots of moisture in the YOOP this year. Non of that HP robbing elevation to deal with either.

Bring your cat to the clowder and crush some snow flakes

AwHellSnow

The 2020 Clowder is a few weeks away, come on, you know you want to come and play with us :thewave:

Attachments

• 20190202_170804.jpg
    20190202_170804.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 241

alryA

Dearest says she'll take Friday off and as long as I can get away from my job* we'll be there with our mutts and baby machine. :clap:

*I'm the most important nut in the recycle bin.

Attachments

• P1100305.jpg
    P1100305.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 239

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
what night did we meet there last year?

I remember a fish fry at a VFW as well?

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Right, that was Thursday. I have fuzzy memories of that meal- that was at the end of a long days.

Kristi Kt-4

VFW in Wakefield is open Wednesday night for the early arrivals and always has a good meal. Black River Valley Pub is right around the corner from Powderhorn Mtn. and Mikes in Ironwood also has good food for Thursday. VFW in Bessemer is Friday night for a great fish fry. Powderhorn is Saturday night along with a program. These are just a couple of options for attendees. It is looking like this year will break some previous year records... Great snow, Great people, and a Great time to be had by all in attendance. :eatdrink::clap::smilelove:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
if you are looking for a first of season snow cat event

come to the Grand Daddy of the them all, Kitten Klowder (snow cat clowder, for the non- tucker owner ) fabulous location with wide range of great eateries, and Big Powder Horn ski area is wonderful and Bruce, the owner, is now heck of a nice guy, he'll even give you a chair right off the ski lift and the lodging in they chalets is more than comfortable and inviting, very charming, and the Saturday night dinner is a HOOT!

always lots and lots of snow, fabulous country and the views are to die for, right on Lake Superior, and the trail lunch is dang hard to beat, along with fun fun fun folks, and the most interning snow cats, truthfully I do not know how some even run and yet they do and boy howdy do they...

come meet some of the famous folks of the forums, all will keep you on your toes and leave you wanting more. matter of fact I know several first timers will be there from such far away places, like Utah...and

how about the east coast boys, track addict, davenet, tucker someday, lake tucker, olympic orange and the rest of you cool cats, come on out to the Grand Daddy of the snow cat Jamborees, the kitten klowder...

great great great event, contact "ah hell snow"( mrs red squirrel ) on the forums for a value priced rate for a chalet and make plans to come, the kitten mafia is coming with a fully loaded trailer.

please please please come and make this years Kitten Klowder the biggest and bestest ever

come to the klowder and leave with great memories and great friends