• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac Rear Wheels + Rims

SnowTrac Hunter

Made a day trip to the cabin to verify dimensions for front outer drive sprockets. (Recorded dimensions in separate thread.)

Discovered that large rear rim on drivers side was cracked and broken badly. Need to replace and purchase a spare. Most likely was caused by PO replacing studs with bolts and holes wallowed out by loose bolts.

Does any one know of replacement rims and tires? Can I swap the hub to a 6 hole and a standard wheel?

Thanks,
Joe

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if you have the stamped steel wheels they were supposed to have a washer under the nut or a nut with a flared base to spread the pressure. if you have composite wheels tere are supposed to be steel cones that insert between the nuts and rim. the last question is do you have 6 hole wheels or 4 hole wheels

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
is it a crack from the hole to the center? I had the same happen. it's very hard to find steel wheels . been looking myself.
jim

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been looking as well, for the 6 lug variation. Tried a "custom wheel shop " and they declined. Still want one.

CT

SnowTrac Hunter

It appears that I have one of each. They are both 5 hole rims. One has a piece mark of ST35A. It had cones under the lug nuts.
One had a Telleborg 6.00x100, the other had a Dunlop Sports D739 90/100-16 52M tire.

Attachments

• IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 206

SnowTrac Hunter

I was thinking maybe a trailer tire/rim would work if I swapped out the hubs. Don't really care how many lugs it has as long as it works.

SnowTrac Hunter

I caught mine with one small crack running out from the lug nut. I had it welded good.
then managed to find one steel.

some say it was torqued wrong.

PO had swapped out the studs with long bolts, washers, and double nuts. I noticed this awhile back when it was wobbling, but the holes were already wobbled out. I have barely put 30 miles on it since I bought it. Seems like I spend more time broken down than up and running.:ermm:

PJL

Why people do that I'll never understand. I acquired a military surplus diesel John Deere Gator that someone used regular bolts instead of the tapered wheel bolts. Ruined all the wheels.