• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Forums Forums Holiday Gift exchange (pay it forward)

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Everyone here has something they have they aren't using that someone else can use. Lets have a gift exchange & send others something for absolutely free in the true spirit of the Holidays.

Rules:
1 you must have need or use of the item.
2 First reply (public) wins the item.
3 No reselling of the item.
4 You must post another item (sent postage paid to the first responder) to the group if you claim an item posted.
5 Thank you's (public ) are mandatory if you win an item.
6 Everything is free, post paid absolutely no strings attached.

Merry Christmas & happy Holidays to all the great people here on FF !

I'll start this off: Jump on this free kit.....I bought several & you can have one if you can use it !

Ryobi combo set : http://bfads.net/Ryobi-18V-Combo-Kit-Drill-Saw-Flashlight-and-more-at-Home-Depot

Attachments

• i_1226994417_BFAdsHomeDepot2008Page01-1226993452.jpg
    i_1226994417_BFAdsHomeDepot2008Page01-1226993452.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 236

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
I already have that set but gave more than 3 times the $$$$ for it. Somebody jump on this.

You are very generous Tom.

benspawpaw

i would love to have that for me and my grandson. he wanted a big cordless drill last year so i bought him a cheap one (all i could afford)he is only 6 but he loves tools. we work on and build stuff all the time. i need to replace my bathroom floor when it gets warm. so that would help lots. not sure what i have to give in return tho.maybe a set of brown & sharpe dial caliphers and a small micrometer (dont think i spelled that right) tools used in machine shop they are used but perfect cond i dont use anymore be glad to pay forward

The Tourist

Banned
I owe plenty of kharma for the gift of health my wife received.

I will send a polished Schrade Old Timer to a subsistance hunter for free.

In Madison the food pantries are running out of food. I would only ask this hunter to share some of the larder with a deserving family in his or her area and share the story here on charity and the new friend.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Brown and Sharp are nice. I have a set of B&S vernier calipers. Got them when for my 16th birthday. Can't see the little bitty lines as well as I could 23 years ago.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Ok i think this is a great idea so heres my offering and i think someone will like it....

Metallica Ride The Lightning 1984 LP(this is a 1989 release of the original works so nearly 20 years old) .... the Vinyl LP is in very good condition indeed and the cover has faired well in the cover protector.

Attachments

• SDC10145.JPG
    SDC10145.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 226
  • SDC10146.JPG
    SDC10146.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Galvatron

what is the meaning "sent postage paid"or "pay it forward"??....im just guessing if i send something(like my album i have offered)i pay the postage too which im happy with.

Just a term i have not heard of before:unsure:

Please someone educate me im English ffs:yum::yum::yum::thumb:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
what is the meaning "sent postage paid"or "pay it forward"??....im just guessing if i send something(like my album i have offered)i pay the postage too which im happy with.

Just a term i have not heard of before:unsure:

Please someone educate me im English ffs:yum::yum::yum::thumb:
Postage paid does mean the sender pays the postage.

As for "pay it forward", it's most commonly known from a movie from the same name. The plot outline gives you the idea of what "pay it forward" means.

Here's some info on the movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0223897/plotsummary

The plot outline is:
Young Trevor McKinney, troubled by his mother's alcoholism and fears of his abusive but absent father, is caught up by an intriguing assignment from his new social studies teacher, Mr. Simonet. The assignment: think of something to change the world and put it into action. Trevor conjures the notion of paying a favor not back, but forward--repaying good deeds not with payback, but with new good deeds done to three new people. Trevor's efforts to make good on his idea bring a revolution not only in the lives of himself, his mother and his physically and emotionally scarred teacher, but in those of an ever-widening circle of people completely unknown to him. Written by Jim Beaver {jumblejim@prodigy.net}

A school social studies assignment leads to social changes that spread from city-to-city. Assigned to come up with some idea that will improve mankind, a young boy (Haley Joel Osment) decides that if he can do three good deeds for someone and they in turn can "pay it forward" and so forth, positive changes can occur. What appears to initially be a failure, is indeed a success that is not immediately known but is traced backwards by a reporter who is a benefactor. The initial recipients of the boy are a drug addict (James Cavaziel), his badly scarred school teacher (Kevin Spacey), and a classmate who is constantly bullied by his peers. While physically and mentally scarred by past events, the teacher is not the only one bearing scars. The young boy fears his mother's fate, particularly at his brutal, alcoholic father's (Jon Bon Jovi) hands. The mother also bears scars from her childhood with a homeless, alcoholic mother (Angie Dickinson). Written by John Sacksteder {jsackste@bellsouth.net}

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
i would love to have that for me and my grandson. he wanted a big cordless drill last year so i bought him a cheap one (all i could afford)he is only 6 but he loves tools. we work on and build stuff all the time. i need to replace my bathroom floor when it gets warm. so that would help lots. not sure what i have to give in return tho.maybe a set of brown & sharpe dial caliphers and a small micrometer (dont think i spelled that right) tools used in machine shop they are used but perfect cond i dont use anymore be glad to pay forward

The Cordless tools are yours !

Send me your address in a PM & I'll ship them out on Monday.

Happy Holidays

Tom

benspawpaw

TO TOM:thank you very very much.i will think about the kindness of someone i dont know every time i use the tools and will use you as an example when i teach my grandson about life and how to really live. god bless andmerry christmas:biggrin:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
To those who participate:

Please follow this up with a post & or a picture of you with the gift you received..........Lets use this opportunity to let ForumsForums spread goodwill around the world.

eggshell_vendeta

I would love the ride the lightning lp, i know someone who would love it. But i simply could not accept without being able to give something in return.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Ehhhhh....... shouldnt there be a restriction if someone just signed up? Folks should have at LEAST 100 posts to win something and been around for longer than 1 month. Just an idea.

Last edited:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I would love the ride the lightning lp, i know someone who would love it. But i simply could not accept without being able to give something in return.

Galv,
Send the Lightning LP to eggshell and since he has nothing to offer, I'll offer up a NASCAR Kasey Kahne clock new in the box to someone else.

Attachments

• NAS9_Prod_Lrg.jpg
    NAS9_Prod_Lrg.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 173

Galvatron

Galv,
Send the Lightning LP to eggshell and since he has nothing to offer, I'll offer up a NASCAR Kasey Kahne clock new in the box to someone else.

A true Gent you are sir.....eggshell PM me your mailing details its all yours.:thumb:

Merry Christmas Guys.

May my son have the clock please.....he loves it.

Galvatron

PM me the details, it's his.

To you and your Family i send a message of Thanks and gratitude from me and my son....my son loves the look of the clock as all in his room is racing orientated so a great addition.....he may even keep track of time and get out to school on time:rolf2: Stephen my son is 15 and knows the meaning of a true genuine gift and again he says Thank You.

Thank you Kind Sir and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
To you and your Family i send a message of Thanks and gratitude from me and my son....my son loves the look of the clock as all in his room is racing orientated so a great addition.....he may even keep track of time and get out to school on time:rolf2: Stephen my son is 15 and knows the meaning of a true genuine gift and again he says Thank You.

Thank you Kind Sir and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

You're welcome Galv and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I have one of these things:

0001799901095_215X215.jpg

cd1095.jpg

Plays CD.... AM/FM radio. Its not fancy but I dont need it. Its yours to who wants it.

Galvatron

in good faith for the clock(thanks again Ohio) i offer a jack Daniels 2009 desk calender and matching Dealer coin....yea i got it free but im sure it will fit someones desk better than mine.

Attachments

• SDC10148.JPG
    SDC10148.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 146

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
in good faith for the clock(thanks again Ohio) i offer a jack Daniels 2009 desk calender and matching Dealer coin....yea i got it free but im sure it will fit someones desk better than mine.

Great CD collection Galvy! :thumb:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, I'll play! Everything you see is new, pick one. First the sporting goods and then miscellaneous .........

• East Coast Gun Sales gun socks - 1 remains!
  • Surplus 30 caliber gun cleaning kit
  • SigSauer P6/P225 leather thumb break holster
  • SigSauer P220 standard grips
  • SigSauer P220 slim grips
  • George Foreman Grill / Blue woohooo!
  • Halogen Vanity Light
  • Reese 1 1/4" draw bar

Attachments

• P1020359.JPG
    P1020359.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 130
  • P1020372.JPG
    P1020372.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 131
  • P1020374.JPG
    P1020374.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 128
  • P1020376.JPG
    P1020376.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 127
  • P1020378.JPG
    P1020378.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 133
  • P1020355.JPG
    P1020355.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 127
  • P1020357.JPG
    P1020357.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 127
  • P1020361.JPG
    P1020361.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 133

eggshell_vendeta

:O Wow thats a very generous offer guys, but I really don't know if i can accept that. I mean... i have to have something to give, it just wouldn't be right. (I must say though, it's people like you who give me faith in humanity!)

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:O Wow thats a very generous offer guys, but I really don't know if i can accept that. I mean... i have to have something to give, it just wouldn't be right. (I must say though, it's people like you who give me faith in humanity!)

I think it's pretty much done, you need to forward your address, Jerry covered you!

eggshell_vendeta

Wow... idk what to say. I mean, Thank you so much. Bu i really have to find something to give in return, it just wouldn't be right otherwise. But, thank you so much... This is what being a human is all about imo... Thank you. I will have to tell them of you when they get this, I'm sure they're going to love it! Thank you so very much, Merry Christmas. (this has got to be the coolest act of kindness ever!)

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Ehhhhh....... shouldnt there be a restriction if someone just signed up? Folks should have at LEAST 100 posts to win something and been around for longer than 1 month. Just an idea.
Sushi,
Chill! So he had a bit of a rocky start trying to help a buddy play their own game, at the moment he's playing by our rules - and at the rate he's going, will have the 100 posts by the time he gets the present. (which, BTW, if you read his post, is for someone else)
Tis the season, and all that.