• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big system in the midwest

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leni is getting the hot dry winds on the coast, but here in middle America, we're getting seasonal thunderstorms...

Interesting radar map shows what appears to be two low preasure systems back to back in tandem.. Stong enough to be bring in snow on their backsides.. We've gotten 1.2 inches of rain so far with what looks to be much more comming.

Lots of watch boxes on the radar map as well as warnings. Hold on to your hat for the next few days...

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I think one of those systems is heading this way tomorrow. Calling for strong winds and heavy rain tomorrow.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We're getting beat up right now. It started about 10:45 pm. The weather radio was going off earlier for golf ball size hail, 60 mph winds and torrential rain and flooding in the counties east and west of us. Now it's our turn.

We'll see what happens and check for damage in the morning. Fingers crossed!!!!

I haven't checked but it seems to be heading to the north-east.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It got wild and wooly here but only for about 20 minutes and then it settled down to a steady rain. I can't see any serious damage but I haven't walked round yet. Lots of leaves and twigs laying on the ground though.

Stay safe when it gets to you. It was pretty interesting for those 20 minutes.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Ugh. Still raining here. Not supposed to let up any time soon.

That's how it's been here all winter. I can't get 3 good days in a row without rain. I need to spray the yard. I've done it 3 times this year already but every time it rains and washes it all away. At least the reservoirs are nearly all full.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It rained and blew like crazy here, all day yesterday and last night.
We lost power for 3 hours. It came back on just before 5am this morning.
Still pretty windy out there.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
High winds and rain here last night also, but we still had power. It has rained off and on today with gusty winds, but the temp was warm. Tomorrow we have more high winds and off and on rain. temps in the 50's

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Things have finally quieted down around here.
It's supposed to drop down to the low 40s tonight, then have a week of beautiful weather. :biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Beautiful day but breezy. I got the yard sprayed ... again. Supposed to be really nice again tomorrow with rain rolling back in on Wednesday night. Still, that should be enough time for the herbicide to work. I hope. And then more rain from Wednesday through the week-end. You get tired of the wet stuff after a while.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
going to wind up with rain and sleet in the early mornings for a few days. this winter don't want to end!:hammer:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sunny, cool and windy here.

One of my friends told me he lost power due to high winds, he's a couple towns northeast of where I live.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Beautiful day but breezy. I got the yard sprayed ... again. Supposed to be really nice again tomorrow with rain rolling back in on Wednesday night. Still, that should be enough time for the herbicide to work. I hope. And then more rain from Wednesday through the week-end. You get tired of the wet stuff after a while.

Sprayed the yard yesterday afternoon and woke up this morning to the familiar pitter patter of rain drops on the roof. It was supposed to be sunny with a 0% chance of rain today but it showered on and off all day. The total amount wasn't that much but it was more than enough to wash all my herbicide off. I think that I'll send Channel 7 News a bill for 600 gallons of herbicide because that's what they've cost me so far this year. Strange that they have all that technology, Doppler radar, computer algorithms and I can do better by walking outside and looking UP. You just have to believe in yourself and trust your intuition. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Rained for three days straight then woke up to this. :mad:

3500d2799e129d056ff1e0a96897897d.jpg