• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This morning I got all of the solar panel frames wiped down and painted silver aluminum ( Okie chrome ) to match the aluminum frames on the solar panels. It didn't take long, I even had time to do the front yard work. After lunch I have to make a trip to the machine shop in Modesto.

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 73

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day at camp finishing up a couple projects. (More on that in my "camp life" thread). Long weekend this weekend and I wanted to enjoy it and not be working. Lol

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This morning I got all of the solar panel frames wiped down and painted silver aluminum ( Okie chrome ) to match the aluminum frames on the solar panels. It didn't take long, I even had time to do the front yard work. After lunch I have to make a trip to the machine shop in Modesto.

Went to the Machine shop in Modesto and waisted 3 hours. I made an appointment with the job estimator for 1pm. When I got there the receptionist told me that he left with a customer. I waited, they tried to call him with no response. Another employee tried to help but the numbers he was coming up with were ridiculous. I left and came home. Tomorrow I am ordering a phase converter to get my lathe going and do it myself. I have been putting that off, but now its time.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know why I was even scheduled to stay until midnight last.
Probably because no one else wanted to work on a discharge.
Uh huh.
I pretty much had everything wrapped up at 10:45.

So we have had our first asymptomatic, positive covid testing with a staff member.
This could be a false positive, or the person has antibodies present/-antigen response.
In any case, we have now moved to N95 masks, which I hate.
They're much easier to breathe with, but after a while they prove to make your face hotter.
Also, testing is now to be done every 10-14 days.
Yay.. just what I'm looking forward to.
Having my brain picked with that damn swab again.

20200730_062040.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Now that I decided to get my Lathe going, today I cleaned off everything stacked on and around it, inventoried the tooling I have for it and I'm not in too bad of shape. I want and picked up a gallon of degreaser to get it cleaned up tomorrow. Then all I need is the rotary phase converter to show up and I'm in fat city. The prices given for the machine work on my pulley castings are nearly as much as what I can sell them for. I got quoted $480.00 to bore a 1-1/4" hole with key in the center and cut a 3/8" round groove to fit a cable around the circumference of a 18" cast iron pulley casting. Seems a bit excessive to me. I am not the best machinist but I can do it, just takes me a little longer and I don't see 2 hours work on them.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had quite the eventful day.
Watched the wee ones for a few hours, came home wore out, Ty wanted to take me out on the boat, no no no, I'm going home.
Was wondering what I should make to eat, right on cue son Jeff sends me text that he's coming this way from Toledo with Church's fried chicken for me.
The young couple next door were banging away on the walls hanging something or moving furniture.
Right now, at this very moment here I am.

Toon_1596153133527.jpg

20200730_215650_copy_768x768.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to the city yesterday morning to run a few errands then came home thinking that I was taking a couple of the kids to camp. Then I looked at my calendar and realized I have a hearing test in the morning. So I sat down for a bit. Big mistake. Back stiffened up and lit on fire. I nursed that for a couple hours then just as it was starting to feel better, my gallbladder attacked again to the point where I passed out in pain and slept through supper. It subsided around 9.

So my afternoon plans were shot. Heading to camp in the morning after the hearing test.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian, I sure hope you get the gall bladder yanked soon.
Because... pancreatitis.

Today I'm not doing anything outside of staying home!
Resting up for the long work weekend.
Ugh..

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Now that I decided to get my Lathe going, today I cleaned off everything stacked on and around it, inventoried the tooling I have for it and I'm not in too bad of shape. I want and picked up a gallon of degreaser to get it cleaned up tomorrow. Then all I need is the rotary phase converter to show up and I'm in fat city. The prices given for the machine work on my pulley castings are nearly as much as what I can sell them for. I got quoted $480.00 to bore a 1-1/4" hole with key in the center and cut a 3/8" round groove to fit a cable around the circumference of a 18" cast iron pulley casting. Seems a bit excessive to me. I am not the best machinist but I can do it, just takes me a little longer and I don't see 2 hours work on them.

Today I spent about 3 hours cleaning it up, all of the gabs and ways cleaned up nicely. Everything turns and moves properly. It has been sitting for about 10 years. when I got it I painted everything with oil. Degreaser easily removed all the grime. Now just waiting on the phase converter. I also have a Nice Cincinnati mill sitting right next to it.

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 44

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back out to camp for the long weekend. Launched the boat and brought it over to the dock slip. Finished off the fence section where I was missing about 7 boards. Finished covering the wood shed with fence boards on the back and one side. Looks complete now. It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Lol. Time for some liquid refreshment.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I went to a friend's daughter's high school graduation party this morning and early afternoon. Very enjoyable. I had a good visit with the daughter. She wants to be a nun in the Catholic Church. She's a good kid...I hope she's going to be happy.

Now I'm typing with a Lady Veteran who was severely beaten in the Military to the point where she is legally blind and can't talk. She wants some books and other things. I'm going to a 22 Veterans Suicide Awareness Association (Facebook) meeting in Council Bluffs tomorrow at the Legion. They said they want to talk with me about giving her the money. That will be good for her.
There will also be a rally with a speaker at Gabriel's corner that I'm going to while in town.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
So I went back down to the shop this morning and started cleaning up the mill, Its an old Cincinnati with a 3 axis head plus the table powers and down and the overhead in and out. You can do some pretty fancy machine work with it. It cleaned up good and everything still moves. The ways and gibbs still show good scraping marks so its not worn to much. I hope to get both the mill and lathe operational in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 68

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm at work today.

We moved two of our lines on Thursday but I could not get them up and running Friday. Replacing all the duct tape so that the AIB inspector won't shut us down. I have to make clamps, and tap holes in the machines to hold parts in place. Duct tape is better but inspectors won't pass it in a food grade plant unless it is dated and not over 30 days old. I have some on the machines dated 4/09/19. I think I'm over due.

I'll likely spend the night here so I can get a good start in the morning and have this all done for Monday morning startup.

I'd much rather be on my sailboat.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I piddled around in the shop for a couple of hours and then mowed the yard for 4 hours. After all the problems with the mower this week, a new air filter and 2 new fuel filters seem to have done the trick. She's running like a champ. I need to replace all 3 blades tomorrow and then she'll be like brand new. Damn, that'll be a chore but it needs to be done. I also need to get back to spraying for bugs. I've never seen so many ant hills and I only treated them 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I'm going to slaughter the MFers. The pasture also needs attention. Jeez, when does this work stop? I'm supposed to be retired and taking things easy. :smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I piddled around in the shop for a couple of hours and then mowed the yard for 4 hours. After all the problems with the mower this week, a new air filter and 2 new fuel filters seem to have done the trick. She's running like a champ. I need to replace all 3 blades tomorrow and then she'll be like brand new. Damn, that'll be a chore but it needs to be done. I also need to get back to spraying for bugs. I've never seen so many ant hills and I only treated them 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I'm going to slaughter the MFers. The pasture also needs attention. Jeez, when does this work stop? I'm supposed to be retired and taking things easy. :smile:

I hear ya pal. I too wonder about retirement. So far, it's nothing like I suspected all those working years.
Sunday, I have to mow the 1 acre of grass at the company building grounds, move about 50 concrete wall blocks off my dad's old place , mow his lawn for the last time and haul a boat away. Bank takes possession on Wednesday.

Monday I go back to work at the shop...; 5:30 AM. Huge contract wrapping masks for the airlines.

I'm tired just writing it all down.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This morning I moved the container to my driveway at the house, it the only place I feel safe from burning down the county. I am still going to wet everything down around it just in case. I got everything on top to do the first 2. Tomorrow morning I hope to get at least 2 installed. By the end of next week I should be painting it up there unless real work gets in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1067.jpg
    IMG_1067.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 69

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a whole lot planned. We did plan on going tubing behind the boat this afternoon but it's cooler and windy. Oh well. Kids went kayaking and swimming. Just sitting by the fire drinking a beer or 3 or 9 or.......
0a3e75904401c82098ff7bb3b915aab2.jpg
1bff5da63d28f53a635b16f4eaa5fddc.jpg

Bannedjoe

This morning I moved the container to my driveway at the house, it the only place I feel safe from burning down the county. I am still going to wet everything down around it just in case. I got everything on top to do the first 2. Tomorrow morning I hope to get at least 2 installed. By the end of next week I should be painting it up there unless real work gets in the way.
You're getting there!

I believe I spy a '61 Apache 10.
I had one many years ago.
I loved that truck.

I had the engine rebuilt (283) by a hack shop, and the problems never ceased.
I got frustrated with it, and basically gave it away.
I still miss it.

Bannedjoe

I'm kind of at a stopping/resting point on the addition project, and it's time to tackle a few things that have been neglected.
I've done lots and lots of little maintenance things needed around the house and property over the last week or so.

Today, I'm starting one of the biggest ones.
My shop.
I've pretty much neglected it for well over a year.
I believe it's much worse than it looks.

The lockers really help keep the smaller things organized, but even they are in total disorganization on the inside.

This is going to take days.

Attachments

• IMG_2544.JPG
    IMG_2544.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2543.JPG
    IMG_2543.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2542.JPG
    IMG_2542.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 67

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm kind of at a stopping/resting point on the addition project, and it's time to tackle a few things that have been neglected.
I've done lots and lots of little maintenance things needed around the house and property over the last week or so.

Today, I'm starting one of the biggest ones.
My shop.
I've pretty much neglected it for well over a year.
I believe it's much worse than it looks.

The lockers really help keep the smaller things organized, but even they are in total disorganization on the inside.

This is going to take days.

I don’t see anything wrong. Your shop looks almost like mine. Tool box an exact match and I have a different model fan and a liner in the trash can. :th_lmao:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don’t see anything wrong. Your shop looks almost like mine. Tool box an exact match and I have a different model fan and a liner in the trash can. :th_lmao:

Mine is a little tidier, less cluttered, but not by much and I have liners in both trash cans. I seem to produce a lot of trash in there. :smile:

m1west, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Man you wear me out just thinking about what you're doing.

Today, after lunch, I went out and massacred ant hills. I was going to spray but the wind was really weird. One minute it would be a flat calm and the next it would be blowing 30 mph. So, I used about 30 pounds of Sevin granules and 2 tubes of Sevin dust. I'm sure that I missed a couple but we'll get them next time.

After a short break I went down to the barn and changed all three blades on the front mount mower. For the first time I actually followed the instructions and it went pretty well. I've got to drop the deck back down and hook up the PTO and things but that's for tomorrow. At least the hard part is done.

My SIL came over and swam for a bit. She stayed for a fondue supper. We haven't done that in years. It was a lot of fun. The beer helped and I surely needed it. Man it was hot this afternoon.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up and at er at 630am. Home from camp by 9am to drive my son to work for 10. Now it's nap time. Lol. Too much fresh air this weekend. The colder damp weather this weekend took a toll on my back. So the rest of the day may very well be spent with my feet up and heat on the chair.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
You're getting there!

I believe I spy a '61 Apache 10.
I had one many years ago.
I loved that truck.

I had the engine rebuilt (283) by a hack shop, and the problems never ceased.
I got frustrated with it, and basically gave it away.
I still miss it.

Close, its a 1964 Chevy C60 on a late 90's frame and running gear, it has a big block with turbo 400. it will roll down the highway at 75 with the Tucker snow cat on it. drives like a Cadillac. Gets 8 MPG and runs on premium, That part sucks

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Must of had a premonition yesterday, this morning I got one 3/4 done and the phone rang. Real work calling and had to go see a job. Back on it in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.