• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 13-16, 2020

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Princess
yup, just a minor overhaul...

OO, do you need a GM style brake/clutch master cylinder? happy to get you a rebuild kit and or new one for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh ooh , engine is gone ,.. time for a hemi..lol.. yes, on the dual bore m/c overhaul/rebuild kit,... thank you ,,,... p/p.... brake/clutch assy.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what was the original master cylinder application? Early 60's Chevy C10 pickup? https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/DC/116875-05081982.html

YUP, that is the one.....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy 4th of July !!!

we are a great nation with a good soul, we need to be fair and just to all...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_49e.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_49e.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 960

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes,Happy independence day,this picture was from a few years back,The flag is hanging in another place fore the momemt ! MAGA !!!!

large.jpg

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Stopped at our starting point for last seasons serenade today, looks a bit different in the summer.

IMG_20200801_183459991_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200801_183348345_HDR.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
thinking about last years gathering of old grousers, at "snow cat serenade" Sun Valley, Idaho

I really enjoyed meeting each person and our time on the snow and climbing to the top of Fox Peak, an 11 mile trek each way, snow cat lunches, with lots to do in Sun Valley, like the Saturday night dinner at Trail Creek Cabin and bowling Sunday night.

wonderful folks, wonderful snow cats, Idaho is a wonderful place

and yes, I know it is August...

thank you to everyone for the great memories

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_0067.jpg
    DSC_0067.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 323
  • fullsizeoutput_42a.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_42a.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 314
  • DSC_0065.jpg
    DSC_0065.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 314
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 317
  • 78D654E7-28E3-4181-893A-50EFCA210902.jpg
    78D654E7-28E3-4181-893A-50EFCA210902.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 317
  • EK8mr35IT+WZ3S917Y1OWQ.jpg
    EK8mr35IT+WZ3S917Y1OWQ.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 309
  • fullsizeoutput_448.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_448.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 327

The Sweet Wbj1

Mike Mikelle,

Thanks for the pics, and the laughs.

I've made multiple texts to WBJ1 about how great The Serenade was, and he has just about committed to making next years event. Of course that means Scott and I will have to get Snowzilla done. That’s a tall order as this is it’s present condition (axles were removed from both Snowzilla and Thundercat to install Eaton E Lockers).

View attachment 124760

Thundercat is almost completely reassembled. However, Scott and I have been talking about some additional modifications, which of course means taking some steps backwards as part of the process. Both modifications are labor intensive, and right now the plan is to get Snowzilla finished before any new Thundercat mods. We will make Sun Valley next year, and I guarantee we won’t show up with another stock-engined Tucker.

There is also a vicious rumor Blackfoot Tucker is acquiring a machine made by a foreign manufacturer. (No, Tucker hasn’t moved their production offshore.) I will neither confirm nor deny that rumor...
WBJ1 is showing up! The question is, is a corked Tucker showing up!!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
WBJ1 aka, the "Chadster", owner of BSGzilla tucker,
think I can speak for everyone in welcoming you to your very first, gathering of old grousers, jamboree, snow cat serenade, etc etc etc,

thank you in advance for taking the time and making the effort to come...pretty sure you will have a fabulous time, your welcome

many many many folks are looking forward to meeting up with you....

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
WBJ1 is showing up! The question is, is a corked Tucker showing up!!
WBJ1, I can’t believe you, of all people, would stoop so low as to use the “corked” term. Here’s a news flash: Mike Mikelle would consider Snowzilla a “corked” Tucker as well!

Sadly though, neither Thundercat nor Snowzilla will be making the trip to SV 2021. I don’t think we’ve spent ten minutes working on Thundercat since I made that post. The big push has been on Snowzilla, but between my Covid related hiatus from all things snowcat back in April and May, and then our painter who bailed on his commitment to paint Snowzilla, we got further and further behind, and came to the realization there was no way we’d have Snowzilla ready in time.

Now we’re trying to get the both the DMC 1450 and the 1544 fully operational for SV 2021. I don’t want to put words in his mouth, but I suspect Mike Mikelle would approve of the 1450, and its 200 CID Ford I6 engine.

I subscribe to a saying in aviation about engine power, though I think it’s applicable to aircraft, sports cars, pickup trucks, snowcats; pretty much anything with an engine: “A lot is good, more is better, and too much is just about right”. This opinion won’t endear me to the Snow Trac mafia, but I think I was likely already infamous with them anyway…

The challenge is getting the DMC and Thundercat both ready. We’re putting in long hours, but progress is slow. (Isn’t it ALWAYS?) While Tuckers have their plusses and minuses, we’re discovering the (lack of) joy in working on the DMC’s wiring. As is the case in many areas, Scott is a veritable genius at things electrical, but he is now playing forensic electrician, and having a road map (wiring diagram) isn’t much help when the manufacturer deviates from their own map (adds wires for factory options that aren’t on the schematic). Of course the challenge is complicated by decades of people adding and subtracting “stuff” that results in loose wires connected to nothing, and not labeled. “WTF is this wire for?” is a commonly heard refrain.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Kenth Hansson the keeper of the snow trac registry would like to make certain he has us all. I think it is a good thing. if your cat is pictured, please reply with its position L>R . Example #5, 2116 Oregon USA
sunval20.jpg

Thanks, CT