• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Oh, and that happened

rockhead

Made it to the top, maiden voyage, generator running, it was all going so well . . .
So the age old question of 'boxers or briefs'? gets a new answer locktite !

Attachments

• turnLeft.PNG
    turnLeft.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 431

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Made it to the top, maiden voyage, generator running, it was all going so well . . .
So the age old question of 'boxers or briefs'? gets a new answer locktite !

WoW lug nuts fell off?? Someone should make nylock lug nuts. This is not the first time have heard about lug nuts on a UTV loosening and falling off. I'm sure it tweaked the anti rotation bar real good. were you able to get it back on and going under its own power?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my new Yamaha Viking lug nuts weren't torqued . when I did a 200mil check one was just snugged up tight.

rockhead

Lucky for me it was down to a location where it could be truck loaded, walked 2 kms. Additional luck, the dealer was able to zip out using another machine's winch lift it to slip the track assy back on and spin on two dodgy lug nuts to drive onto the truck.

Got underway again today, with new studs, antirotation bar on order, locktite on the nuts. Not sure if I found a loose one or if I loosened it, wrenching with mitts is not my favorite game, but checking these are going to be routine for a while.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Lucky for me it was down to a location where it could be truck loaded, walked 2 kms. Additional luck, the dealer was able to zip out using another machine's winch lift it to slip the track assy back on and spin on two dodgy lug nuts to drive onto the truck.

Got underway again today, with new studs, antirotation bar on order, locktite on the nuts. Not sure if I found a loose one or if I loosened it, wrenching with mitts is not my favorite game, but checking these are going to be routine for a while.

did any of the other tracks have loose nuts?

alryA

Some manufactures have had grief with this but I have nothing smart to add. We change pods out yearly (multiple sets, both makes) and never used a torque wrench on them. Did for tires...... Why did that work? Sorry I have nothing to advise.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This weekend is the madin voyage for me and my mini truck on tracks. I checked my lug nuts several times and are still tight. Before I left home I had torqued them several times. So I have a theory as to why the lugs loosen on the tracks. I think it happens due to the plastic sprocket, when you torque them the first couple times I think the plastic crushes a little until it takes a set like a crush washer on a spark plug. Maybe yes maybe no but I remember getting a little more the second time I torqued them. Marty