• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Samsung washing machine

jwstewar

I've got a strange one going here.

We have a Samsung washing machine. Purchased it Nov. of 2007 (one of the first big things we purchased after the house fire), started using it May of 2008.

We have had an issue with the softener/soap dispenser since new and had it worked on under warranty/extended warranty a few times. Never really got it resolved, but got it better and got it so we can use it, other than that it has worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago. We received an error message on the display - nd. No Drain. So the first time I drained it, was quite painful, fortunately I've learned an easier way since then. Any way, I took the pump out, it was clear and free. So I assumed the pump had just gone bad. Order a new one. It comes, Monica wants to do laundry, so she puts it in. It doesn't fix it. So I do some more work on it. I look at the old pump. It says it is 120v. I make up a wire and test it, it runs just fine. I get the multimeter out. I'm getting 2 volts at the wires. So I say, it is a relay or something bad, problem is, they are all glued into the control board.

I start searching I finally found 2. One that is half broken on ebay and a used one that "has been tested" and includes a 6 month warranty. Not a lot of luck finding a new one at that point. So I order it last Friday afternoon. It came on Monday. Installed it Tuesday evening, pump still won't run, I move the control board around (the washer isn't put together) and the pump kicks on. Confused and tired I go to bed. Wednesday night I mess with it and determine that if I lean the control board forward, the washer works. So I check wires and check/clean connections. Same affect. Yesterday with the control board leaned forward, Monica was able to do several loads of laundry.

So this morning out of curiosity, I reinstall the old board. Can't get the pump to work at all. Reinstall the new board, the pump runs. Monica starts another load of laundry with the board "in place" pump doesn't run, she leaned the board forward and now the pump is running and the cycle is continuing.:bangin::furious::pat::drink::confused::cry:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
When you say you lean the control board forward, exactly what are you doing.

Does the board install at an angle and you are simply tilting it to be straight up and down. Are you putting any pressure on the board when you do this that could be making a connection that is loose?

Could there be a tilt switch on the board? I doubt it but thought it worth mentioning.

There is a forum for everything. Have you checked out the Samsung forum for washer machines?

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Wash board, scrub brush, and big wash drum. Doesn't break or need service, just a little elbow grease. :whistling:

jwstewar

Here are a couple of pics to help. The towel is there to make sure it doesn't fall and also to make sure something doesn't touch metal. With the control board laying flat forward or leaning, it will work. If I set it back up normal it won't work.

Actually, Monica is running a load right now when I took these pictures.

Attachments

• Work - Washer.jpg
    Work - Washer.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Doesn't Work - washer.jpg
    Doesn't Work - washer.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 43

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't help you. These newer washing machines are Bic lighters. When we bought this house it came with all appliances. One of which was a new whirlpool cabrio top loader. What a POS. It kept kicking out every few loads on the spin cycle. We ended up replacing it with a high end Samsung top loader. We love it. With a big family like ours we go through a lot of laundry. This thing handles huge loads

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I do know that some washers have a lid sensor to stop it running when lid is off for safety reasons....have you tried putting it back together fully and then running it??? flipping the board over may be making it think the lid is on.

jwstewar

I do know that some washers have a lid sensor to stop it running when lid is off for safety reasons....have you tried putting it back together fully and then running it??? flipping the board over may be making it think the lid is on.

This is a front load, but I'm going to try actually mounting it to the control panel tonight. Maybe I'm leaning it just a bit too far back and it is hitting some type of sensor. Though I don't really think so.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
This is a front load, but I'm going to try actually mounting it to the control panel tonight. Maybe I'm leaning it just a bit too far back and it is hitting some type of sensor. Though I don't really think so.

Yea i can see it is a front loader...the lid sensor is to say the lid is off the top and it stops it working to stop idiots like me from losing my fingers lol.

jwstewar

Yea i can see it is a front loader...the lid sensor is to say the lid is off the top and it stops it working to stop idiots like me from losing my fingers lol.

:clap: But it works with the control panel leaned forward....so you could still lose your fingers.:hammer:

jwstewar

Thought I would post the final resolution to this. I contacted the company I purchased this from. They were as perplexed (if not more) than I was. They gave me 3 options:

1. Send the board back and they would try repair it, but it would take 21 days and they may not be able to fix it
  2. Keep the board and they would refund half my money ($34)
  3. Send the board back for a refund
We chose option 3, but I did keep the board long enough to find another board.:brows: because at least we could make the washer work.

So I sent the board back on Wednesday and according to the tracking they received it Monday. I'm still waiting on the money to be returned to my PayPal acct.

I order another board from a different store. Ordered it Thursday night. It arrived Saturday afternoon. It was $227 + 9 Shipping. I installed the board and Monica ran a test load while I went outside to take care of the animals. By the time I got back inside the load had finished and she had already put the washing machine back together, put it back in place, put the dryer back in place including taping the vent pipe.:clap: Eat your heart out guys, I think I've got a keeper.:w00t2: Oh, and she didn't bitch one time about the washer being broken even when she was having to use it and siphon the water out with a bucket and then dump the buckets. This total endeavor lasted over a month.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That's great Jim. I knew you had a keeper from the first time I met her.