• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Indiana open for haircuts?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Is Indiana open for hair cuts?
Wife wants a hair cut and wants me to do it since michigan furor says no. I'm not stupid. It's not happening.
IS Indiana open for haircuts?
If so, anybody have a lead.on a good one in north west Indiana?
I'll drive a hundred miles if needed. No need for a divorce!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know about Indiana but thy are open here in Iowa.

I was going to go in to pay my gym fee (same company) but I knocked on the door instead and give them them money. The note on the door said taking your temperature is required but I wasn't sure how they were going to do it. LOL

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
If I gotta drive to Iowa, I think I'll just buy her a wig. It's a long haul from here.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . .

Attachments

• F2C84F2D-647C-48D0-8AA7-AA13066065D9.png
    F2C84F2D-647C-48D0-8AA7-AA13066065D9.png
    481.7 KB · Views: 111

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is Indiana open for hair cuts?
Wife wants a hair cut and wants me to do it since michigan furor says no. I'm not stupid. It's not happening.
IS Indiana open for haircuts?
If so, anybody have a lead.on a good one in north west Indiana?
I'll drive a hundred miles if needed. No need for a divorce!

I believe women's hair is done by appointment only.

Local salons open.

I'd suggest VANIS salon or RIAH salon. Both are on US41 south of I-94 so you could exit 94 onto Indianapolis Blvd and drive south 6 or 7 miles to VANIS in Schererville. Continue 5 minutes farther south and you will get to RIAH which is probably in St John, but might still be in Schererville. Both are on the EAST side of Indianapolis Blvd/US41 (also called Wicker Ave)

Bannedjoe

When I was young, hair was a statement.
But I swear, if my parents wanted me to grow it out, I would have cut it.
But that wasn't the case.

I had very long hair for many years.
When I moved to the AZ desert in '95, I realized it was not only a PITA, it was hot!
So I chopped it off.

I no longer needed to prove my hippie mind externally, and realized it was better if I kept it to myself internally.

My wife took over the job of haircuts, and she did well, except she took soooo damn long to do it.
I could have sworn she was cutting each and every strand of hair individually.

Reverting back to my dog grooming days, I decided to pick up almost the same exact Rexall family barber clipper that my Dad used to butcher us as kids with once a month, and just do it myself.

#4 on my head, #5 on my beard, I'm done in 10 minutes or so, except for the scissor finish on the beard.

I know I could cut my wife's hair and do an ok job, but there's no way in hell she'll let me even try.
:laugh3:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Got my haircut and beard trim last week so now I'm good for at least 3 months. I could trim my own beard and let the hair go for 6 months or longer but there is nothing weirder than a 73-year old hippie. I think that I'd look good with a man-bun. TR, shut the fuck up. :bolt:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
No luck getting her in anywhere. So we took the sl to Michigan City and drove around. No walk ins.
But we did get to goo to a sit down.Mexican place, Had a jumbo frozen margarita.
Indiana is most definitely open for business, unlike Michigan. Town was hoping. Many Michigan tagged cars.