• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Blonde bombshell mixes it up with Mpls Mayor

grizzer

HGTV's Rehab Addict tried but was unsuccessful in buying an old run down house in her neighborhood.

A small apartment building is going up across 4 lots @ $1.50-2.00 psf per month times 30-40 units I forget exact #.

Anyway, she was unwilling to outbid the redevelopers and her 700K facebook followers crapped on city hall & the mayor hired a blogger to sum up the opinions & publish them, ie a smear..

Mayor is now hiding from the blonde :clap::clap::clap:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...nds-disapproval-of-minneapolis-council-member

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The mayor has her undies in a bunch, because Curtis' followers are exercising their First Amendment right via Facelessbook, and she doesn't like being on the receiving end of that (I do follow her on FB). Sooooo, the mayor is playing the victim for the criticism, and calling for Curtis' followers to "cease & desist" their invective. In other words, "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Typical politician, trying to silence opposition, regardless if it was potty talk or not. Apparently some followers supposedly made threats (I didn't read the comments on Facelessbook), but we all know those people are all over the Internet. If she thought the threats were credible, she should have turned them over to her legal beagles to track down & prosecute, but instead, she decided to wage jihad against Curtis on Facelessbook. Not real smart, IMO, but I did say she was a politician. :brows:

grizzer

The blonde is way too bossy for my taste but she has outstanding eye for color and coordination using whatever she drags in from the trash.

She could raise her margins if she did not restrict to owner occupied in perpetuity on the deed.

The mayor is a conventional tax & spend democrat with a HS dropout rate of 50%. City schools were merged with blue collar Anoka county and public services pensions were folded into the State fund to hide bankruptcy.

I saw the piece on the news & figured the mayor already lost.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a fan of Curtis. She's passionate about what she does, and doesn't waver based on popularity polls like the mayor does. I can relate to her.

Did you know that she is a triathlete? Not surprising for a woman with as much drive and passion as she has.

grizzer

I dunno what she does outside her tv show. Definitely boner material but the bossy stuff would get old after 2 weeks...

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
HGTV's Rehab Addict tried but was unsuccessful in buying an old run down house in her neighborhood.

A small apartment building is going up across 4 lots @ $1.50-2.00 psf per month times 30-40 units I forget exact #.

Anyway, she was unwilling to outbid the redevelopers and her 700K facebook followers crapped on city hall & the mayor hired a blogger to sum up the opinions & publish them, ie a smear..

Mayor is now hiding from the blonde :clap::clap::clap:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...nds-disapproval-of-minneapolis-council-member

And as usual, there is another side of the story.

What Blondie is apparently trying to save is one of many homes built by a rather favored and prolific builder. The building apparently incurred a fire in the 90's which destroyed the upper two levels and most of the original features of the building, which have not been repaired. First level is now, and has been, used as a flop house for years. Apparently Blondie, while wanting to prevent the tear down, is unwilling to purchase at the highest bid, and I found no plans of any sort to rehab or restore the building. The historic preservationists claim that parts of the building could be preserved. Again, other than bitching on Facebook, she has made no mention of details as to how this might be accomplished. Or who would be responsible for the ongoing costs of preservation.

Politics aside, I tend to favor the council in this case. Highest and best use is obviously not allowing a building long past its prime to continue until it falls down on its own. The city gets rid of a derelict building and gains 45 new taxable apartments.

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/250716661.html

grizzer

And as usual, there is another side of the story.

What Blondie is apparently trying to save is one of many homes built by a rather favored and prolific builder. The building apparently incurred a fire in the 90's which destroyed the upper two levels and most of the original features of the building, which have not been repaired. First level is now, and has been, used as a flop house for years. Apparently Blondie, while wanting to prevent the tear down, is unwilling to purchase at the highest bid, and I found no plans of any sort to rehab or restore the building. The historic preservationists claim that parts of the building could be preserved. Again, other than bitching on Facebook, she has made no mention of details as to how this might be accomplished. Or who would be responsible for the ongoing costs of preservation.

Politics aside, I tend to favor the council in this case. Highest and best use is obviously not allowing a building long past its prime to continue until it falls down on its own. The city gets rid of a derelict building and gains 45 new taxable apartments.

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/250716661.html

You missed my point the mayor took a swing and miss at the blonde.

The blonde is smart enough not to spend $1.5 Million fixing up a dump that resells for $1.0 Million. If the blonde starts barking it simply means she wants a bone.

The mayor should have shutup and collected her property taxes at $1.5K/unit plus the sales use and licensing taxes generated in the highly walkable neighborhood by adding 80-100 people with disposable income. Traffic impact is minimal as the property is limited to 1 parking space per unit.