• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

10 races that concern the Democrates in 2010

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While I think it is good that the Democrats are scared, I think the GOP needs to have a serious attitude readjustment too. Too many members of the GOP are big government moderates and they have done nothing to stop the downward spiral. We have not hit bottom, but its damn close. The GOP better figure out that it can be saved not by throwing the conservatives under the bus with their "big tent" concept but rather by looking to the conservatives for leadership on economic issues and issues of government intrusion into the private sector.

My governor is a good GOP governor. Now I'm not saying he wouldn't sell us out if times were good, but he has been leading the charge of fiscal responsibility here in the midwest. He refused to consider tax increases, but rather has mandated a total of a 20% reduction in government spending so far in this state. He's trimmed spending in EVERY department, and has indicated that layoffs and future cuts are not out of the question. Washington needs to do something similar!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
While I think it is good that the Democrats are scared, I think the GOP needs to have a serious attitude readjustment too. Too many members of the GOP are big government moderates and they have done nothing to stop the downward spiral. We have not hit bottom, but its damn close. The GOP better figure out that it can be saved not by throwing the conservatives under the bus with their "big tent" concept but rather by looking to the conservatives for leadership on economic issues and issues of government intrusion into the private sector.

My governor is a good GOP governor. Now I'm not saying he wouldn't sell us out if times were good, but he has been leading the charge of fiscal responsibility here in the midwest. He refused to consider tax increases, but rather has mandated a total of a 20% reduction in government spending so far in this state. He's trimmed spending in EVERY department, and has indicated that layoffs and future cuts are not out of the question. Washington needs to do something similar!!!

AMEN

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PA “Yes” votes
U.S. Rep. Kathy Dahlkemper (D-3)
U.S. Rep. John Murtha (D-12)
U.S. Rep. Bob Doyle (D-14)
U.S. Rep. Chris Carney (D-10)
U.S. Rep. Paul Kanjorkski (D-11)
U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy (D-8)
U.S. Rep. Allyson Schwartz (D-13)
U.S. Rep. Bob Brady (D-1)
U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-2)
U.S. Rep. Joe Sestak (D-7)

Rep. Dahlkemper got a e-mail from Mr. Dawg with a little ire in it.

AndyM

Charter Member
PA “Yes” votes
U.S. Rep. Kathy Dahlkemper (D-3)

Rep. Dahlkemper got a e-mail from Mr. Dawg with a little ire in it.

Same here.

I'm quite disappointed with her vote on this.
She sides with common sense much of the time, and I think she's pretty decent sometimes for a democrat... But she's lost me on this one.

Jason Altmire (D) voted no... Here's a link to the statement on his website:
http://www.altmire.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=544&Itemid=1

Last edited: