• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

300 six, oil pan, mid 70-s spryte ?????

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a oil pan question.

I have a 75 spryte it is a funky build. it has solid axles.
automatic
OC12
the tunnel is closed up.
the radiator had a air duct sealing it like a snorkel
I bought it with out a engine.
I sourced a 300 six from a van.
in the process of putting it in and the oil pan will never clear the axle.

I stared at a newer c model spryte and the oil pan is a rear sump and fits nicely

anyone have any note-able notes to share about oil pans.

Is it just as simple as sourcing a front sump pan and oil pick up?

were the pans custom?

I had a A model sprite and that machine had a deep sump added to it, I would assume that was for the ski hill use it saw.

I will try to get a camera that can take a decent picture shortly

not sure if any boats had ford 6 s----but a lot of boats had backward oil pans-----or cut off your pan below the bolt holes get the pick up where u want it and get the poster paper out and some duct tape and start building----any fab shop should be able to build it---ive done a lot of drag car and circle track pans

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Right on, Industrial application are front sumps. I have the ability to make an oil pan, just being lazy. I have a resource pile to draw from but wanted to be efficient.

Well I have since found out that there are center sump oil pans in 76-79 ford F150 pickups our sprytes have center sump oil pans, some have a well added to them to help with the incline work.

the key however is 2WD.

4WD is rear sump

Cars through the 240 and 300 CID years have center sumps.

Summit racing to the rescue, filter relocate and correct pan and pick up on the way. Ill create a well for it and save my talents for another project.

with ya----------on being lazy--------I have 2 fab shops with every tool a man could want-----but iam getting burned out----and than what did I do---go buy this ugly sv200 that needs a new cab----o ya and the wiring---I carry a fire ext.

Attachments

• sv 200 019.jpg
    sv 200 019.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 150