• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This Morning!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Posted on another forum. :mrgreen:

For all the years I was working, I would go to the store early Monday morning to get something or other before going to work. Most of the time that was just before daylight. Invariably there would be this asshat in there in his fishing shirt, buying ice and sodas for a day on the lake. As I was getting back in my truck to go to work, he would walk happily to his truck and drive away pulling his boat with rods sticking out of it and just being a pure horses ass.

Today,

I was that guy. AND it was GREAT!

Alan

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, I wouldn't want to give you any ideas since you just retired. :whistling:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I used to put miles on every day driving back and forth to work. Sometimes the work was close by, sometimes it was a good jaunt like driving up the mountain to do some distribution work at a ski area or whatever.

Now, I wake up at 5AM, it's darker then Tobey's touchhole, look out and see the snow falling and the slippery going and just laugh my ass off at all the poor saps that have to navigate those shitty roads with all the morons who would never learn how to drive in winter conditions in 100 years.

Feed the fires, make another cup of coffee, feed the dog and smile. :biggrin::biggrin: Yeah, just like that, a big grin ear to ear. Life is good.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hunted for a month and a half non-stop this fall/winter. Most others hunting with me were poor fellas who would rush in on Friday night, hunt Saturday and a half day on Sunday, then load up and head back into the rat race for another week. I never felt so blessed.

Oh, I was that guy rushing home on Sunday afternoon for 37 years of my adult life so I know how good I have it now.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I hunted for a month and a half non-stop this fall/winter. Most others hunting with me were poor fellas who would rush in on Friday night, hunt Saturday and a half day on Sunday, then load up and head back into the rat race for another week. I never felt so blessed.

Oh, I was that guy rushing home on Sunday afternoon for 37 years of my adult life so I know how good I have it now.

It's called a permagrin my friend. Better then any drug known to man. :yum: