• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

68 IMP Resto.

jp11

Well..

The shop is all cleaned up. C4 is in a box headed for rebuild.

I still have lots of questions. Going one step at a time. Rear end is the most expensive, most complicated part. It's headed to Zimmermans next week or so.

Pics.. as she sits today.

I'm still not sold on the black.. but it's WAY down on the list for attention.

JP

Attachments

• imp.jpg
    imp.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 232

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the black with graphics look pretty good on that little rig. one thing you can tell yours apart from all the rest that are orange it was a bonus for me my Thiokol came painted to match my snow trac.

jp11

The little side panels are gonna go for sure. I'm planning a combo box for fuel, battery and tools.

But even that is down the list from running gear.

What do you think.. I was planning just to do springs, and all new wheels that are foamed from snow cat pat??

That's not a small chunk of change.. but probably the best spot for my efforts. Am I better off just checking what I have? Tires are all air now. One looks like an oddball that was replaced.

I'd LIKE to be doing dynamat and interior panels... but trying to keep my priorities in line.

JP

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Pat's an excellent person I just had him send up a brake band and will be sending him the take off unit to be relined

jp11

He seems to be a great guy.. just from reading on here.

I guess the question is priority. Where would you spend a few thousand dollars on this cat this year?

I know I'm going to be several thousand for the C4 rebuild. I'm going to try to spend another 3 to 5 this year. I'm ok with buying a 15k dollar cat... as long as I can do it a few thousand at a time. :)

Just don't tell my wife the budget!

JP

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree my 2100 cost me around 3,500 after rebuilding the tracks with new fasteners and guides 2 new front idler wheels and shipping I have cone over the 13 k mark if my wife found out she would be pi$$ed on the other hand when it's making money next year she wont be so unhappy.