• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DO YOU USE BACON GREASE?

Bamby

You know I get a lot of e-mail warnings about this and that, and how some foods are good for you and how some foods will shrink body parts.

When I saw/read this e-mail, I was amazed at how much it could shrink your feet.

I thought I would share this with you all just so you can too, know the dangers of Bacon Fat, and the adverse effects it can have on your feet. We’re talking some major feet shrinkage.

Read on if you would like to find out what you are doing to your body, or don’t if you really would rather enjoy eating your bacon fat.

The question is: Do you use bacon grease?

We were raised on bacon grease (lard) as kids and even into adulthood. I will never use it again. I hope you will throw yours away whenever you fry bacon from now on. It seems as though nothing is safe to eat anymore.

COOKING WITH BACON GREASE

I just threw out my last 2 tablespoons of bacon grease!!

This is what happens when you keep cooking with bacon grease. This is a warning, show this to everyone you care about. It could happen to you……or them.

Bacon grease will make your feet small!! Warn everyone!!
Proof follows, so continue reading to see proof.

:toilet:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I started eatin' Bcon grease after the experts announced how bad it was for me. At 67 years of age I now wear size 13.

Imageine the offers i declined before they shrank.:yum:

So long as that is all it shrinks, I okay with that.:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No right thinking German would ever throw out bacon dripping.
Yep! Just fought with the wife to save mine from the day before to fry my taters the next morning. I tilt the pan and drain it off the taters and have just enough of that great flavor to make them taste wonderful.:clap:

Leni

I have a small Crisco can that I pour the drippings into. It's in the refrigerator.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
My late MIL kept it in a Crisco can under the sink, and used it a lot. Lived to be 80+. I keep mine in a pint canning jar with a lid in the fridge, and use it when making my "Solvenian potatoes." Mmmmmmmm....

Leni

Looks a lot like my German fried potatoes. Bacon grease, potatoes and lots of onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Is yours any different?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn it Joe, now I have to go fry some bacon and throw the rest of my taters in it for breakfast.:yum:

Bamby

I honestly don't know why the post slid away, could have been the bacon grease? :w00t2: It posted good on my browser when I posted it.... Anyway here's the source link if you've still got the stomach to view it...

Do you use bacon grease?

kkchatter

hahaha..... I guess they wouldn't know that thier feet had shrunk since they haven't seen them for the last 20 years..

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
how some foods will shrink body parts.

:toilet:

OH, oh! Which body parts are we referring to and which foods would those be. You have me paranoid now. One gets to be my age, shrinkage should not be a self inflicted option.

Seriously, I use bacon grease with a little butter for home fries. Price of bacon these days, gotta get the most out of each pound you can.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I just picked up my 1/2 of the county champion hog on Friday. Working on the first pack of bacon. Made BLT's for lunch yesterday. Tomatoes and lettuce from the garden made them perfect.:clap: I can still see my feet just fine.:whistling:

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Mule, I've noticed you seem to advocate the use of bacon grease for cooking but have you forgotten it's many, various uses in days gone by? Nixon is lying around the hospital right now, enjoying his chemo. Seems to give him a lot of free time to enjoy the nurse harassment program, the IV pump overhaul program, which has been denied to him since they took away his nail clippers and the telephone. He called today and brought this post to my attention along with his request I add a few more uses most have probably, and properly, been forgotten. As an example, John pointed out the use of said product as a houshold lubricant. Silences a squeeky door hing like nothing in the world and slicks back a high and tight, combining the benifit of grease with the aroma of a high quality pomaide. John also pointed out that amongst country folk, no bride's honeymoon kit was complete without a bacon rind. Makes sense, I guess but fell into disuse with the invention of Vaseline which not only served the purpose well but kept the dogs off the bride. No small benifit, that! His last comment was directed to those in the hospital today. He recommends bacon grease never be used to lubricate a rectal thermometer. While it has no apparent effect on the accuracy of the instrument, he noticed for the rest of the day a small service dog kept trying to shove his nose up his ass. At first John was furious but now that he's gotten used to it, he's trying to buy one of those small service dogs. Well, that's our Nixon update for the day. I'm sure he'd wish well to all.

Lem Foutes particpated in the creation of this post. Lem will be organizing a bacon grease and small dog appreciation society in the metropolitan Atlanta, Idaho area. Send all contributions to me and after the the deduction of a small service fee, some of the money will go to Lem.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Send my best to John and Jan. Also, an early Happy Birthday to Tina as she turns 29 in 2 weeks..

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I put bacon grease on the dog food in the morning, they loose interest in my breakfast and it's good for their coat.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good thoughts and prayers for John and Jan. Best wishes to them both. Hate to hear bout the chemo. That's tough stuff, but John's a tough ole bird.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have chatted with him a few times as he goes through this. Tough or not his treatments are hard on a person. I see it first hand every month and in some ways I am glad mine is not like that. I hope and pray the treatments get it all.:flowers: