• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bought a bunch of lumber today.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to my Amish neighbor to get the batten strips for the new greenhouse today. He had just moved a roll off flatbed load of hemlock in from where he is cutting at. He had tried to sell me all he had under roof when I bought the boards for the greenhouse a few weeks ago. He is in the middle of moving down state and was offering me a deal. He threw in the deal maker when he told me he would have his boys load and unload the whole pile at my place if I bought it all for $350. I figure it will make about 3 or 4 full pickup loads and it is an assortment of 1X8, 1X4, 2X4, 2X6, 2X8. They run from 8 to 14 ft in length. I probably would not have bought it but the wife wants a bunch of raised beds built and some other projects built. The price was too good to turn down. Now I have to clear out an area in my building to stack it all.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Went to my Amish neighbor to get the batten strips for the new greenhouse today. He had just moved a roll off flatbed load of hemlock in from where he is cutting at. He had tried to sell me all he had under roof when I bought the boards for the greenhouse a few weeks ago. He is in the middle of moving down state and was offering me a deal. He threw in the deal maker when he told me he would have his boys load and unload the whole pile at my place if I bought it all for $350. I figure it will make about 3 or 4 full pickup loads and it is an assortment of 1X8, 1X4, 2X4, 2X6, 2X8. They run from 8 to 14 ft in length. I probably would not have bought it but the wife wants a bunch of raised beds built and some other projects built. The price was too good to turn down. Now I have to clear out an area in my building to stack it all.

I hear ya Bill . I passed on a load of 36 - 6"x6"x16' for $350 last year at the local mill . I am still kicking myself .:sad::doh:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am sure going to miss the local sawmills. They are handy for a lot of stuff and with fuel prices going crazy they really saved a lot of money at times.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Let me know if he does anymore clearing house. I'd drive the dump and trailer up for that price ............. seriously!