• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pivot Trailer?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Since it's not exactly a tilt bed and I don't know what else to call it, I'm going to call it a pivot trailer. Someone who knows better can feel free to correct me.

So here she is. Got her with my last KT-2 purchase. SnoOps wasn't too impressed with the trailer, but I kind of like it. It's a bit of an oddball and I do like strange and unusual things. After all, SnoOps is a friend of mine. :whistling:

Up.jpg

Down.jpg

Brake.jpg

Wheel.jpg

Tire.jpg

One-handed pivoting action...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY-T26u22tE"]YouTube - Pivot Trailer[/ame]

As you can see in the pictures and video, the tires and axle pivot under the trailer tongue during unloading. While a somewhat similar action to my tilt trailer, I would have to say that this felt more like a catapult! Of course my tilt trailer has a piston to slow the action a bit.

Also, check out the tire mounting scheme. Is/was this common for some application?

Last edited:

Trakternut

Hey Bob!!
Neat trailer. It seems like a homemade outift, but very well built. From the rear, I first thought it was a pole trailer, such as a utility would use for hauling poles behind their trucks, but I've never seen one that tilts, which is one reason I am thinking it's a homemade trailer.
The axle is from a mobile home. The tire mounting setup is typical for them. I think the single axle config won't give you a lot of problems as long as you don't overload it and keep the wheel bearings well packed with grease. Trailerhouse axles are noteworthy for failure, but I think maintenance and watching load weights is key to their longevity.
Oh yeah, check the wedges and bolts often. They start getting a little loose and pretty soon a wheel falls off.
I get what you said about liking strange things............................and Mikey! :shifty:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
By definition, I think that is a tilt-bed trailer.

Much heavier built, but it's function is exactly the same as every other tilt-bed snowmobile trailer I've seen.

Trakternut

There ya go, Vin. You should have tried to sell him an electric pump though. Make him spend some of his moldy money. :unsure:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That trailer looks a lot like this one .

Attachments

• 772.jpg
    772.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 869