• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wow... the 'supermodified' 601 is up!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
...a meager $45K will take this 601 home... 'errr... Nodwell...'errr... Bombi... 'errr... Moosebeast on tracks... 'errr.... hmmm. Boggie? You know this chap don't you?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/616211150.html

Go-go gadget 601 !!!

Yes, I new his health was not good he spent two years working on it. but to be honest 45K is a bit much. it does have some good features with the heavier axles better tracks. not sure what he has in it. but it is not original it still would be a very reliable machine.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, I new his health was not good he spent two years working on it. but to be honest 45K is a bit much. it does have some good features with the heavier axles better tracks. not sure what he has in it. but it is not original it still would be a very reliable machine.

It looks really very sweet... :applause: it looks like it would be very reliable given all the work done..some of the photos you posted before, etc...

It's interesting to think about this given the discussion mtntopper and I have been having in regard to reliability, restorations, cosmetic builds, buy reliablity up-front vs. restore, etc....

So, if he actually has that much time/money invested :4_11_9: ...ok, let's say $45K is high but $35K would be more serious/reasonable given that the black diamond 4T10 sold for $25K with the dual-shaft design (no snowops, that's not the mainer asking for a volleyball spike into the top of my head of dual-shaft shakyness), that is less reliable than an OC-15 (which is, btw, more reliable and significantly beefier than an OC-12), then I can see that. Ironically, an LMC1200 would be $20-25K. BUT, the 1200 wouldn't be able to take the abuse that this thing could...it's nearly half a tank. So, different purpose so not a good apple/apple comparison. This doesn't have the OC-15 in it anyway... but the Nodwell tracks/sprockets are pricey on their own (what was it ~12-15K?)...heavier axles, built for off-road terrain from brush to snow, etc., etc... great machine that suits the purpose... unfortunately I don't hunt moose and prefer the full capacity people movers for a party on the snow. :beer: :beer: :beer: I'm really curious to see what he gets for it... Boggie, I imagine you have some high-end customers that may want something like this... if they buy 5 beefy-high-cost industrial rigs from you would you just buy this and throw it in as a nice 'customer satisfaction' gimme? :coolshade :pat: