• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's going on around here

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a pretty busy summer so far for us. Decided to do some changes. First the old deck had to come down. It's been there since 1985. We bought this place in 1999 and it was bad then, so it needed to go away. A couple of sheds had to go along with a greenhouse on the back.

Attachments

• Old Deck.JPG
    Old Deck.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Deck.JPG
    Deck.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 61
  • No Deck.JPG
    No Deck.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 64

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You can see the new roof we had put on. The storms over the last 3-4 years just destroyed it.

The old steps where the back door used to be is still there waiting to be taken out.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that the steps and deck are gone, time for a new stamped concrete patio. They did all the work while I was at work myself, so I got no pictures during.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 64
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 63
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 63

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Patio is 20X25 which is huge. But that is about the deck size we had.

I'll post more when I get the pics resized.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kewl. Looks good Jerry. You have been busy ....and you have the makings of a GREAT bon fire. :thumb: :D

You will like the concrete patio, less maintenance and it can handle the sun much better than wood.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
20X25? Hell man, gold sells for less than concrete, you better get a second job! But it looks great!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not allowed to burn here. The city limits is at the end of my driveway. Have to be another5-600 ft away. And believe me the local fire dept. will come out and help you put it out.

jwstewar

Looking good Jerry. At least you didn't have all those pesky rocks in your way while you were doing it.:whistling:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
While the dumpsters were here we decided to get rid of 2 sheds and a little greenhouse. So I wanted to do some of the demolition. The first shed demo pic is not very good, the shed is behind the tree in this shot. I lifted the bucket and drove into the shed. It just tipped over onto it's side. SO I went around to the side where the roof was now and just set the bucket down and the whole thing just collapsed.

Attachments

• Shed1.JPG
    Shed1.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 32
  • shed2.JPG
    shed2.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 33

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The greenhouse was next. The roof collapsed over this last winter and it was unsafe to go into. We had just used it for storage anyway since we moved in. Whatever was in it went into the dumpster. I raised the bucket and drove into the long wall and then attacked the corners. Didn't take long for the whole thing to hit the ground.

I did notice in the pictures that a hydraulic line for the FEL was just dangling. I can't remember any functions not working, so it must still be that way. I'll have to go out tomorrow and take a look.

Attachments

• GH1.JPG
    GH1.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 32
  • GH2.JPG
    GH2.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 32
  • GH3.JPG
    GH3.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 32

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It took 2 filled 20 yard dumpsters. The guys doing the removal had figured on 1, but with all the crap in the sheds and greenhouse it filled another 1.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum: yep it sure does look like he's having a lot of fun.
Good job Jerry. :thumb: :tiphat:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure glad I don't have to do any demo at this place. Had enough of that at the last two. Good job on yours. I always worry about tires when using rubber tired equipment. Give me a 955 Cat and look out!:whistling: