• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2017

vintagebike

Taking reservations in McCall

When booking rooms ask for Jacob at the Hunt Lodge 208-634-4700 and Jessica at Best Western 208-634-2230. They asked that you make sure to say you are with the McCallin' All Cats group. Many folks are planning on the full day outing on Sunday and staying to leave on Monday. Thursday late afternoon and evening under the lights at Little Ski Hill will be very special. Saturday will be awesome.:dancing: More soon. McCall Crew

Last edited:

Sno-Surfer

Driving around the Hood River valley and seeing fresh snow on the Mt Hood today sure gets me excited for this winter.
Just booked our room this morning. :clap:

vintagebike

Get a free Idaho permit ASAP

We have been informed that Valley County, Idaho will stretch the rules a bit and register our out of state Snow Cats as snowmobiles. The permits for 2017 will be $32.50. BUT- a generous, anonymous, Idaho born snow catter will purchase the permit for the first 30 cats to sign up.:clap: :clap::clap: Just email through the forum to me your name, address, phone number with the make, model and year of your rig. When the state forms arrive in January we will fill them out for you and either mail the sticker to you or have it waiting when you get to McCall. :hammer::w00t2::hammer: McCall Crew

vintagebike

You must have mis-dialed. 208-634-2230 is the correct phone number for the Best Western in McCall. I just called them. McCall Crew

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Bellingham to McCall Id is a quick 552 miles. 11.5hr drive (with lunch brake) provided there isn't fog or ice the whole way. Ordered the spare tire and wheel for the trailer today wouldn't want to blow a tire without a spare on the way to Sherwood forest.

vintagebike

That last post reminds me. If you are bringing an RV to McCall we have found a great spot for you. Check out the McCall RV Resort at 208-634-5646. Their very nice meeting and conference center will be the site of our Saturday night dinner, Tucker History Presentation and general bull session.:bsflag2: McCall Crew

Last edited:

vintagebike

Tracksters McCAllin' ?

Are there any Cushman Tracksters or Trackster owners coming to McCall? I'm thinking of having one ready to go by February.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
washingtons largest snow show is this weekend in Puyallup. to bad some advertisement could be posted of the cat event.
WASSA is big on opening up areas .
http://www.wssa.us/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=431529&module_id=232712
pb dealer showed up with a groomer and a couple from our group displayed and sold their cats at it one year.
i'll have a awd christini and a freight sled on skis at my sons booth for sale.
I couldn't' get the flyer to upload

vintagebike

Bring your best game

We are planning a snow golf drive contest on Sunday using EcoBalls that desolve harmlessly in the snow over the winter. So stash away a club or two. image.pngMcCall Crew

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
setting my snow trac up for 3000ft elevation. I hope it should be good at McCall's 5000ft.
jim

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
KT7 one step closer to McCall going to be a long drive for us but worth it

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Is the event still going to happen ? Lindsey Harris in McCall ID chamber of commerce said it's been called off tell me it isn't so.

vintagebike

McCallin' All Cats 2017 Update

Over the last 2 weeks we lost 3 of the 5 locations for McCallin' due to the recent land sales and subsequent closure of access. It has been a struggle to find alternatives that are acceptable to the US Forrest Service. It looks like there are solutions but it will be the middle of this coming week before I get all my questions answered. The Princess and I are working very hard to make this happen- I have been planning it for over 18 months and am not one to give up. But for those of you that are close to McCall, we have been invited to The Little Ski Hill for two Friday nights during Winter Carnival, January 27 and Feb. 3. More on that soon too. Steve and the McCall Crew :flowers:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I was afraid of that when I was told of the sale and the closures.

I appreciate all the work that has been done.
CT

vintagebike

All the location and access problems are solved. :beer: We are full throttle. Let's make McCallin' All Cats 2017 Huuuuge...and great again. :w00t2::clap::biggrin: McCall Crew

vintagebike

Everyone that is coming to McCall , or thinking about it, please post your plans and support. The more the locals see what is in it for them :)brows: ) the easier it will be for us to get their support if any more operational or logistical problems come up. :hammer: McCall Crew

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello Mccall team.

Mike In WI is considering attending. Plane tickets are in the shopping basket awaiting confirmation. Hotel reservation is a call away. Work schedule is tentatively cleared. Our Local snowmobile club members are checking availability of snowmobile recreation opportunities in the region. Low impact over the snow recreation is the next greatest thing for a aging population :cool:))) Events of this nature are the best kept secret. snow is a natural carpet that protects. over the snow recreation is a pleasant experience best share in a group environment.

Just peaking over the fence from the upper midwest...
Mike

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are still booked and planning to attend if the event is great again! Love to see an itinerary of the events so we can plan accordingly.

Flying in from Boston Massachusetts with wife and kids. Couldn't get the TSA pre check for the Tucker so it's staying east. Rooming in McCall Thursday until Sunday. Looking forward to bumming some cat time and exploring what Idaho has to offer. Planing to ski/board at Brundage and maybe a snowmobile trip. We will consume food, goods, and services during our vacation there and leave McCall as we found it!

Past Cat events have been spectacular. Don't think you will find a better group of people to come to town!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello Mccall team.

Mike In WI is considering attending.

Events of this nature are the best kept secret. snow is a natural carpet that protects. over the snow recreation is a pleasant experience best share in a group environment.

Just peaking over the fence from the upper midwest...
Mike

ah, yes, "the secret society of sno" hope you know the handshake

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

TomPa

GOLD Site Supporter
Have reservations at the Holiday Inn Thursday thru Sunday, looking forward to being part of awesome event. Let the Games Begin ! ! ! !

vintagebike

For insurance coverage we are forming "The Vintage Snowcat Association". Unofficial Charter members are those attending McCall 2017. McCall Crew