• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hats from your childhood?

The Tourist

Banned
Do any of you 'boomers have your childhood kepi hats from the 100th anniversary? I had one, I have no idea where it is.

If you do have one, I'd like to see a picture of it, and enjoy that time once more.

D

darroll

No Kepi hats from the civil war. The bo-weevils must have been hungry.
Per old family history passed down. My relative went and joined the war from Missouri. When the war was over, he went back home. He told his wife that with his muster pay they could buy their own farm and leave her parents farm. She said no way. Now my memory fails me. A female? Cousin rode up on her/his horse. He packed his bags and they headed for the California gold fields.
A couple of years later he returned with $1200.00. He never bothered with getting a divorce.
The photo is his business that he bought.

Attachments

• c.l.-business.jpeg
    c.l.-business.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 82

The Tourist

Banned
Oh, of coursse, I'd love to have a real one.

However, during the 100th anniversary they made a run of blue and gray kepi hats for school children. Our school had some major history lessons, and just about everyone had a school play.

Part of my youth.