• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

We live in an amazing, amazing world, and it's wasted on the crappiest generation...

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'd never heard of Louis CK before but I like him! :thumb:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbIGbZ6gq_Y&eurl=&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Louis CK "Everything's amazing, nobody's happy"[/ame]

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Sometimes, some one says what you've been thinking for a long time but just kept to yourself because you just KNOW you're the only one in the world who feels that way. We, as a people, have become so accustomed to the miracles of modern technology we often forget what life was like without it. The analogy of air travel is merely one which applies.

I used to sell architectural millwork. The computer system used to design windows and doors was incredible; the customer walked in, said what he wanted and I entered the info into the computer. The computer sold more millwork than I ever did. You can imagine the joy when the computer went down for about two weeks. The other salespeople took vacations, managers tried to find busy work. I found the catalogs and order forms we used to use. My sales went up astronomically because of the lack of competition from other sales people but (I think) because I actually was able to spend time with the customer. The customers understood the situation and were happier because of the more personalized service.

The modern technology is great but people need to remember how we functioned without it.

Rep's to ya.

The Tourist

Banned
The modern technology is great but people need to remember how we functioned without it.

I'm not sure everyone is using the technology, or even wants it. I don't need or want it, it's actually a burden.

Periodically when I go into my cell-phone company for a free feature upgrade (which they recommend ever six months) they tell me that I haven't been there in 18 months. Now get this, the phone still functions.

I'm told that my phone is "out-dated" and I should get a new one. Granted, it's big black and ugly--it looks like Vader's mask--but it does have rubber impact edges, and it gets a pounding.

Supposedly it has dozens of features, and I use about four of them. It once rang with an unusual sound. I thought it was broken.

No, I had received my first text message.