Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Big Al's Lounge; aka The Happy Place Forum

Big Al's Lounge; aka The Happy Place Forum Warning: Happy posts & support posts only. Other posts will be removed. This forum is not for Jokes, they go in the joke forum.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:03 AM
Forum Admin

Thanked 20,738 Times in 7,506 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough
Default Manís Facebook post about traffic stop goes viral

Manís Facebook post about traffic stop goes viral

So, Iím driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. Iím already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how Iím doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

ďYes, sir. Iím a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket.Ē

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that Iím running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer canít unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U Iím running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him Iím with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know heís got me on at least two infractions. Iím thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. ďBecause you were cool with us and didnít give us grief, Iím just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.Ē

I smile. ďThank you, sir.Ē

Iím a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldnít be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

MaybeÖjust maybeÖthat notion is bunk.

Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.

Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and theyíre not out to get you.

Iíd like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.

We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldnít be wearing a badge. Iíd like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for.
Attached Images

Other Fun Forums:

Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:
Danang Sailor (06-22-2019), jim slagle  (06-20-2019), mla2ofus (06-20-2019)