• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hot Take: Chick-fil-A Is 'Infiltrating' NYC With Its Christian Values

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hot Take: Chick-fil-A Is 'Infiltrating' NYC With Its Christian Values
Cortney O'Brien Cortney O'Brien|Posted: Apr 13, 2018 5:15 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortn...rating-nyc-with-its-christian-values-n2470717

Did you know Chick-fil-A is infiltrating New York City with its Christian values? The New Yorker sent the warning to its readers Friday. Beware the restaurant's "pervasive Christian traditionalism," says Dan Piepenbring.

Chick-fil-A was once only known for being the birthplace of the Original Chicken Sandwich. But, when its CEO spoke out against gay marriage, it became a target for progressives, who have since called for boycotts of the Christian company.

Piepenberg sensed an "ulterior motive" in the establishment's decor during his lunch stop. The Cows all over the restaurant are "ultimate evangelists." It's all meant to build to his damning conclusion.

Still, there’s something especially distasteful about Chick-fil-A, which has sought to portray itself as better than other fast food: cleaner, gentler, and more ethical, with its poultry slightly healthier than the mystery meat of burgers. Its politics, its décor, and its commercial-evangelical messaging are inflected with this suburban piety.

The piece itself was pretty entertaining, but the reactions were downright hilarious.

Dana Loesch

@DLoesch
It’s a CHICKEN SANDWICH

Nick Short ??

@PoliticalShort
According to the New Yorker, @ChickfilA is basically on a crusade across America or something? And has also infiltrated NYC with delicious chicken sandwiches & waffle fries.

Amy Curtis
@RantyAmyCurtis
“Pervasive Christian traditionalism”...I don’t know about the rest of you, but I go there for the waffle fries.

I have never once seen or heard any “pervasive” Christian anything at a @ChickfilA, unless you count polite, friendly employees with good work ethics and decent food.

Of course, the point was also made that if The New Yorker had chosen a different restaurant or a different faith to put on trial, there would be uproar in the media.

Attachments

• 678EB819-BD53-4FF2-BC86-EBB7BCF4617E.jpeg
    678EB819-BD53-4FF2-BC86-EBB7BCF4617E.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 13

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Comments:

jay
5 hours ago
Let's compare how much ideological and moral positions are pushed by Chick-fil-a versus by the New York Times.

TimothyLane jay
5 hours ago
That's easy -- Chick-fil-A doesn't push any viewpoint, as I know from personal experience. They just serve good food, especially those waffle fries. The New York Slimes offers little else.

Rick Carlton
5 hours ago
What's next; the NYT going to suggest that waffle fries are code words for Communion wafers? Geezuz.....

MudontheTires Rick Carlton
5 hours ago
*Laughing*

LudicrousSextus MudontheTires
5 hours ago
Seriously. Wonder if they play 'Vatican Rag' over the sound system?

MudontheTires LudicrousSextus
4 hours ago
*Laughing*

Good question!

Robert Rick Carlton
4 hours ago
That's good!!

IntellectuallyHonest
5 hours ago
NYC could use some Christian values.

LudicrousSextus IntellectuallyHonest
5 hours ago
Not to worry. They legalized peeing in the street. (/sarc)...

MudontheTires LudicrousSextus
4 hours ago
San Freakcisco already beat them to it.

No, I'm not kidding.

Robert IntellectuallyHonest
4 hours ago
Got that right!!

MudontheTires
5 hours ago
The hysteria of leftists like those at the New Yorker are as funny as they are pathetic. To paraphrase Bill Buckley: Leftists pretend to be open to other view points, but are shocked to find out that there are other viewpoints.

Go to Chick-fil-A, get some good food, and quit worrying about the views of the owners.

IntellectuallyHonest MudontheTires
5 hours ago
What they're shocked by is that other viewpoints are allowed at all.

MudontheTires IntellectuallyHonest
4 hours ago
Yep. "Tolerance".

AngelaDeplorable
5 hours ago
LOL @ someone's response to the article on Twitter:
THE POWER OF CHICKEN COMPELS YOU!
THE POWER OF CHICKEN COMPELS YOU!

MudontheTires AngelaDeplorable
5 hours ago
Or it could be the Lemonade. ;-)

Deck Hughes
5 hours ago
Being from Atlanta, GA, I have eaten at Chick Fil A many times---never once has anyone mentioned any religion to me, and never once have I seen any religious posters on the wall. But they do say merry christmas in December and I love it.

DarbyScratch Deck Hughes
4 hours ago
And they ALWAYS provide service with a smile and say, "have a nice day." Now THAT is threatening.

LudicrousSextus DarbyScratch
4 hours ago
And (*gasp*) - hold the door open for ladies...