• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FINALLY!!!

Diva102

After more than a year being laid off, grad school and training, I have my very first Substitute Teaching assignment on Dec. 20. :clap: It's a one day assignment at Dallstown High School for the Business Ed teacher. It's a relief to know I'll have a little bit of income, unfortunately, though, it will not come before Christmas.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
D-town kids can be tough on a sub. You should pick up more days as spring rolls around. Vacations and sick days will be opportunities for you.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
After more than a year being laid off, grad school and training, I have my very first Substitute Teaching assignment on Dec. 20. :clap:
72woohoo.gif

It's a one day assignment at Dallstown High School for the Business Ed teacher. It's a relief to know I'll have a little bit of income, unfortunately, though, it will not come before Christmas.

There are 12 days of Christmas....beginning on Christmas Day and ending on the eve of Epiphany....January 5. Technically, you will get paid for Christmas.
images

Diva102

D-town kids can be tough on a sub. You should pick up more days as spring rolls around. Vacations and sick days will be opportunities for you.

Oh I know it, my sis teaches there and the first thing she told me was don't let them see you sweat. Lucky for me I'm a little bit tougher than her!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Congrats! You're in the system now. Do a good job and the schools will keep you coming back. I subbed for a while in my 20's and it was ok if you got good schools. Some schools - not so fun. ;)

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Congrats Diva and good luck with your first day back at school.

And maybe you could sign up Rusty to re-sit Kindergarten .....he seems a little Sloooooooooooooooow.:yum::yum::yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
" you must spread some reputation around before giving it to galvatron again "

you're lucky, i was gonna neg rep you for that :yum::yum::yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome! I did some subbing as well when I was fresh out of college and only working part time. It won't be long before you start getting called regularly. If I recall, I was getting called 2-3 times a week.