• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hello from Bastimentos Panama !

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
OK , Now for my secret weapon .. WD40 . Yep I sprayed my bait with it . I had heard it would work but could not believe that I caught the sharks and a whole bunch of other little fish using it

I've heard of that before, but never tried it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh coconut smoke fish is incredible .I plan to inhale :whistling:. No, I plan to suck it all down !!!Nothing left but bones when I get done !!!

You should have seen Genaro and Moy laugh when I spray on the WD40 . After losing 2 sharks and catching 2 more ,they quit laughing and Genaro told me "He would have never believed it , if he had not seen it with his own eyes ".

What a great day !!!!:w00t2::clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
IIRC wd40 is made from fish oil. Like a liquid fish spray for bait.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I have two fishing buddies that both keep the big can of WD40 onboard for when the fish are being finicky. Works every time.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
well Boys , I better sign off . A big thunder storm is bearing down on us again tonight . Lord help us all !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
well Boys , I better sign off . A big thunder storm is bearing down on us again tonight . Lord help us all !
Stay safe Al.
We had one around 8pm that was wild.
I was at the gas station pumping and all the sudden this thing came out of nowhere (as the NWS predicted a 40% chance of anything).
Got in my car and shot across the parking lot to the supermarket and sat there scared to death and listened to the radio.
Seems we'd had 65 mph winds with gusts. Yeah.
After it was over, there was the most beautiful double rainbow I've ever seen.
:smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well we did not get any double rainbows here PG ,but I did get to snuggle with my beautiful wife . I think that was pretty nice too .

Woke up to clear blue skies and a slight breeze blowing . Made a quick trip to town on the other island to buy Propane , food stuff, and a new bottle of Rum . Man those things don't last long anymore ???????? I am talking about the propane , you knuckleheads!!!:glare::biggrin:

$72 bucks for a 35 gallon tank full . Does that seem about right ??

Came back just before lunch and told the boys to hop in the boat and I was buying lunch at the local Panamaian cafe . Juan decided to stay home and read his Bible so we ordered a big plate of Chicken and Rice for him .

I ate way too much and blew my diet all to hell . Now I need to go lay in the hammock and comtemplate my bad eating habits .

I always end up,ordering the same thing every time we go . I always have good intentions of trying something new ,but dang it, the owner makes this chicken dish in Garlic sauce that is to die for . 3 beers later and a side of french fries and I am a beached whale . I know ,I know ..... not too smart being on a diet and all , but its only the 3rd time in 3 months I have blew my diet .

I have heard or read someplace that having sex uses up 3000 calories . I don't know if thats true or not but I am willing to try it to stay on my diet . I sure hope my wife agrees ,as I would hate to think she thought I was fooling around on her ,just out of lust ......
Maybe if I asked her to join in I could lose 6000 calories ???? I need to be careful though , too much weight lost that quickly could be as bad as none at all.

I wonder whats for dinner ???

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You fool around with the island girls and she will cut a few pounds off of you!!:yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Damn! The new dog we saved ran off last night ???:sad: We been leaving her out at night with the other 2 dogs to get used to us being gone in 3 weeks . She was to stay with my caretaker while we are gone . I bet we have put 15 pounds back on her skinny bones . She is in good shape now ,but I sure hope she is ok , wherever she headed out to .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Kinda quiet here today .
Another 2 laying chickens died ,so I sent the guys out to find some hens that are already full grown and producing eggs . They will keep a lookout for my "NO Good Dog" while they look for chickens . Ungrateful SOB dog:unsure:!!!

Painter/artist is all done now and he presented us with his last piece of work . This is a picture of a local hand carved paddle that can be purchased for about $5 . My wife gave it to him and told him to use his imagination and paint whatever he felt like painting on it.

This is the result . Quite beautiful , I think .

We will be putting a portfolio together for him so he can advertize his work to other people .Here is a picture of Carlos and one of the paintings .

Also a picture of the "killer" shark that I caught:unsure: . This one is about 2' long .

Attachments

• emmi and paddle 032.jpg
    emmi and paddle 032.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 95
  • emmi and paddle 034.jpg
    emmi and paddle 034.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 94
  • emmi and paddle 020.jpg
    emmi and paddle 020.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 94
  • emmi and paddle 013.jpg
    emmi and paddle 013.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 99

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Still have not found my damn dog .

I am beginning to think the Indian nieghbor might have taken her for a boat ride . She looks exactly like my Caretakers dog that chased the nieghbor pigs off my property . They were rooten up up place and eaten the caretakers garden and he told the other guy to keep his pigs out of the garden or he would eat them . I am beginning to think little Emmy may have been mistaken for old Max . Hell , Thats all I need to be in a "Indian ,Pig, Dog ,Indian, White dude war" on a small island .

Wife is starting to talk about kicking someones ass and I am just trying to stay low and off the Radar .

Juan decided to start a big ass smokey fire to chase away the No-see-ems . Want to guess which way the wind is blowin ? Straight toward the house .Cough**

So much for it being quiet here today ...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I divised a rescue plan to get my dog back !!! If she ain't back by morning I am putting up a $50 reward for her safe return . This island is 8 miles long and 3/4 mile wide . We have about 1000 Indians or more living on it . I bet by 10AM I have 900 looking for my dog .:flowers:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The trouble there is that they will all show up at 11AM with 900 dogs none looking anything like yours!:w00t2:
Don't laugh ! $50 is 5 days wages for some of them . Their even likely to repaint their own dog and try and pass it off as Emmy.
The island ain't that big so I am sure we wll find her , Good or bad .
I just hope she is ok , as its been sometime since I became attach to a flea bitten mutt that fast . I am a sucker for animals ..

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Here is a picture of the possible dognapped dog .

Attachments

• emmi and paddle 009.JPG
    emmi and paddle 009.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 90

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I just hope she is ok , as its been sometime since I became attach to a flea bitten mutt that fast . I am a sucker for animals ..

I hope she's ok too. I know how you feel, I don't know what I would do if we lost one of ours.

Jim

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I feel like crap . My little dog is missing and its pouring here tonight . I took off into the jungle this afternoon ,but could not find her . I had the guys go all the way to the other side of the island and we found nothing . These guys are good and can see and find shit that I would walk right by .

I can only hope and pray that she is safe . She is a unfixed little female and I am hoping she just took off for a night on the town but who knows .We had planned to get her spade as soon as a vet was avalible to do the work .

Emmy:sad:???? Where are you ?????:sad:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I feel like crap . My little dog is missing and its pouring here tonight . I took off into the jungle this afternoon ,but could not find her . I had the guys go all the way to the other side of the island and we found nothing . These guys are good and can see and find shit that I would walk right by .

I can only hope and pray that she is safe . She is a unfixed little female and I am hoping she just took off for a night on the town but who knows .We had planned to get her spade as soon as a vet was avalible to do the work .

Relax, Al. She's a brindle. They have great survival instincts.

And when you find her, for the love of God, DO NOT let the vet hit her with a spade!:whistling:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Big lighting storm is just coming in . I better shut down before I blow up the laptop . :unsure::sad:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Looking at Emmy's face breaks my heart Al.
I sure hope you find her, and that you are safe during the next storm.
We had a good banger here at 7:30 with a lot of hail and wind, then 5 minutes later, the sun was out.
I hope you find Emmy.:neutral:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Blue skys this morning .

Emmy is still missing but the reward and alert has been sent out . Should have 1000 plus people looking before the day is out . We think she headed down island . We have already checked near town and up the other way , That leaves about 7 miles of jungle to search . These local boys know every square inch of it too . We can only hope .

Genaro purchased 2 laying hens yesterday and just left to see about getting some more . I am off to go build another chicken coop .
Maybe it will keep my mind busy .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh Al, I hope they find her!
With a search team like that, how could they not?

$50 goes a long ways down here .I do believe they will find her , dead or alive . I just hope she is alive . I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to hurt her . She is not a agressive dog , very timid .
Hopefully she just ran off with a new boyfriend for a little adventure .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Still no dog ,but Genaro just about killed me today . I have never laughed so hard in my life .
He got to talking about how he and Juan had decided to raise chickens on there own . Genaro went out and bought a hen and a rooster . They were all set . The problem was the rooster only wanted to have sex with the other rooster. Genaro told me the rooster was Punky??? I have never heard that term used before . I was dying laughing as Genaro told me he killed the rooster and ate it. End of his chicken business .:yum::yum:God ,,, I love it here .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No Emmy, but Genaro ate a gay rooster.
NOT the news I was expecting! :hammer:

It was funny though..lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hahaha!!!! Your talk about the gay rooster reminded me of this joke I read a while back. It's probably posted in the joke section somewhere but I'll put it here anyways just for fun...

A farmer needs a new Rooster to watch after his hens because his current one is getting pretty old,

So the new rooster struts around the yard, meets all the young hens, and runs into the old rooster.

The young rooster says "Get outta here old man, I'm the new man round here, so go retire!"
The old rooster says "I'll let you have all the hens if you can beat me in a race around the barn. Now I'm old, I got a bad ticker and I scare easily, so you gotta gimme a head start.
The young rooster agrees, and after he gives the old rooster a head start decided he can take care of the old rooster by scaring him as they race, so he chases after the old rooster squaking and flapping his wings.

The farmer sees this from the porch, gets out his shotgun and blows the young rooster away, yelling

"GAWDAMMIT! That's the third gay rooster I got this week!"

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Good Joke !

Its Sunday and no Emmy . We had one false alarm ,it turned out to be the wrong dog .

I spent most the day laying in the hammock resting .Head cold has really knocked me down .

The guys caught a really nice Black Snapper last night .They are all back out on the dock trying to catch more now.

Chickens are to move to the new pen tomorrow . They are getting fat !

Later guys ..........

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ,,,,After a little pep talk , Genaro went out and sold his chickens today at $1.50 pound (live weight) ! I still don't know how he managed to talk the Chinese grocery store owners into it , but he did . Looks like he will sell to them on a weekly basis . This boy is a born salesman !!!
We are bringing in another 100 this week . That brings us up to 300 .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Did the dog maybe tangle with a gator? Bear kills off a few each year around here.