• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

??? 67 bombardier muskeg???

alpaactow

I have a 67 muskeg that needs the rubber belting and i plan on using belting from a local supplier (I'm in Texas not alot of snow cat supply places around here and fm what I have read here it should work). My question is what is the hole spacing and over all length of the stock belts (I don't want to use my old ones as a guide... they have a ton of splices in them). It has the 11 tooth sprocket if that make a difference. and what kind of belting would you recommend using. It also it is in need of some tires 4.5x16 and the only ones have found are the Alpine guide at 145.oo plus shipping... I have been kicking around the idea of using some donut spare tires i.e. 125-90-16 which seem to be close the same height of the 4.5x16 do y'all think this would work? any input would be great.... AL Luna

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I wouldn't bother with the spare tires. There is not enough rubber in them to last and I doubt they will handle 100 psi.

Send a message to "boggie" and ask about the hole spacing and length. He also sells tires.
Muskeg track belts are 5 ply.

PS What do you use your Muskeg for ? Can you post a picture ? :)

alpaactow

thanks for the info.... boogie is who i bought my muskeg fm i've called him and ordered a couple of tires thanks again.... al