• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac at Okaboji Winter Games

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Took the Snow Trac to Okaboji for their winter festival. It was a hoot! I was alone when arrived, and hit the Kybo first thing, as 2 hours in the seat with out stopping.... Two guys were with the Snow Trac when I got back to it, and with a few words about it, I asked them if they would like a ride....#%ll YES! Do you need a beer?... And so it went the rest of the night. Never had to buy any beer for sure....Gave a guy with a 4 wheeler on tracks a ride, and he was very impressed. Not only could I go in some very deep snow he didn't want to try, it turns out I have less in the Snow Trac than he has in just the tracks on his machine, and he has no cab or heat!:doh::whistling: He, like every one else I talked to had never seen a Snow Trac, much less ridden in one. I wish there was a way to check out how many "hits" google has had in the past few days regarding "Snow Trac", as I was photographed so many times I lost count....It was normal to see groups of folks turning there heads, yelling at my arrival to friends all the while pointing their outreached fingers at me! Snowmobiles I would meet out on the lake would suddenly be crusing beside me wtih thumbs up:wink:!! When I crossed from the West lake to the East lake and back the DNR guys just smiled and waved at me....:flowers: Many people wanted to know where the dealer for them is and how they would cost....only to be dumbfounded when I told them mine was made in 1962, and production stopped in 1980! Many who asked this were not born in 1980.....

Once in heave traffic, I picked up 5 beautiful gals from Des Moines who were up from the day. Simply with hand gestures I got them in the cab for a ride! They had no way to get out to the ice, and were thrilled I asked them to ride along! My two buds were truely gentalmen to evacuate the cab and let it be filled with such lovely women! We were stuck in traffic for 30 minutes, al the while I had a grin from ear to ear! Many guys looked at my situation, and I could tell what they were thinking, as we made our way out to the ice of the lake. turns out 2 teachers, two nurse's and a "personal trainer" who was reluctant to tell me so.....:whistling: I though you married those!!! I took pics of them with my phone, but due to some idiot some where who cann't make up there mind if he wants to keep pictures, programmed my phone so they ask if you want to "save" you pics....Hell I would not have taken them if I didn't want to SAVE them..... So I lost them:hammer:
I pulled out 4 cars for $20 each, and passed on many more...Drank for free, and had my dinner bought for me as well twice! I came home with more cash in my wallet than I had when I went! This Snow Trac thing is just OK with me!

Here is a pic of me and the machine...I will put more up as soon as they down load to the photobucket account. There were some thing like 3,000 + sledds there. One guy was killed Friday night when he hit a tree, unfortunately. For the most part, it was well run, but at 2AM in the morning, bad things do happen...

OkabojiWinterfestjpg2.jpg

Really had a good time with the only snow cat at the event, other than the Snodog I saw...

Best regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk the way you like beer and snow you have to be norwegian or a swede i love showing mine off when the outsiders come to town was kind of funny when the usgs guys about choked when i told them i was delivering fuel with a 47 year old machine

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea Don, it was cool....

The women asked me my name and from that point on refered to me as
Captain Kirk"!!! We ran around the south side of the lake in deeper snow, while it was snowing pretty hard. Time came for me for a "nature call" and I told the gals that I had watch many mens room's doors for the women in my life....so they could go in a hurry, and in privacy...and I expected no less from them! Of course while they were all outside, they realized a photo op. was required. I am betting on Facebook some were there are the pictures I took of them....

Well I am pretty much German, but would consider becoming an "honorary Swede" if they will have me!!:clap: I would even consider shaving the stash and bleaching my hair......

If I were an ugly dude, would 5 beautiful young women be temped by a 48 year old Swedish machine enough to take a ride...for free?:unsure: By simple hand gestures in the cab they go? I really don't think so.....:yum:

Fun time, would have loved to stay for the snowmobile drags on Sunday....but alas, maybe next year, I'll make better plans.

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Berg "dude", I don't think so...And I don't find it funny either. Your point is? Or do you remember.....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Where are the pictures of the BEER?

Glad you had a fun time. I know my Snow Trac tends to be a real oddity in these parts and draws crowds too.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics Kirk , looks & sounds like a great time . Thanks for sharing. :biggrin:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk,

That sounds like a great time! Excellent PR for Sno Cats in general as well.

I hope I don't offend anyone else, but your Snow Trac is the nicest one I've seen. Perhaps you could post some more photos of it?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you for the compliment. I am sure there are other nicer than mine, as I have seen them on this forum. One even had a passsenger seat facing forward that folded up to the right so the driver could enter his seat...My stock interior is nice but spartan....One more from the Lake.

OkabojiWinterfestjpg4.jpg

snowbird

Thanks for the great pictures! I'm not that far from fabulous lake Okaboji. Maybe I should try to trailer my Bombardier SkiDozer down and join in the fun next year.