• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 1202B

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OK last two.:thumb:

Attachments

• DSCF0009 10.JPG
    DSCF0009 10.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF0010 10.JPG
    DSCF0010 10.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 163

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Actually I am going to donate it to the KKK. Those Kristi Klan Klub dudes need all the hand me downs they can get. I Figure it could be the Grand Poobahs throne!

Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
If that's the case, if I admit that I was admiring it, and I'm not admitting it, but if I were, but right now I'm not....can I have it?

:fart2:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I would like to get some suggestions from you guys on what I should do with the interior. I have an idea but want to hear what you all would do if it was yours. Thanks.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
My idea is to install a new alluminum diamond plate flooring. Some Black carpet like in the pics and clean everything up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
HEY at least its "MY" circus! The white "THIOKOL" (elephant my ass) is an amphibious snowcat. Cant wait to take it onto the lake to go fishing!

Amphibious snowcat..........now there's an idea I like.:thumb:

Our operator in this pic thought our groomer was amphibious but he was proven wrong!
bubbles1.jpg

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Ooooooh, not good. Salvageable or did it sink to the bottom? More (and bigger) pictures anywhere?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
:rock: You go always go with a hawaian theme like Bob S for the interior! For the exterior, that orange colour could use some "01" numbers on the doors and maybe a confederate flag on the roof! That would be kinda cool and original for a cat.:myopinion:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had it running after we got it out.(it was in there for 4 days a -40 celsius) There was some damage though! We were kinda forced by our insurance company to have it inspected by a dealer 7 hours away from here. They tore it all apart and of course, they told the insurance company to write it off and they bought it back for peanuts, stripped it down, and sold all the parts for triple what they paid for it. We ended up with a newer machine and some extra cash in the bank when all was said and done after the insurance paid us for it.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
SEE! Now thats what I want to hear! I never would have thought of that. Now to just get Jessica Simpson to come over for a photo op!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ooooooh, not good. Salvageable or did it sink to the bottom? More (and bigger) pictures anywhere?

That was touching bottom.........it was crossing a creek!

bubbles2.jpg

Here's the story on what happened:(taken from another website)

"Bubbles" Has A Bad Day
YOU THINK YOU'VE HAD A BAD DAY??? I've been corresponding with a snowmobile club in Geraldton, ONT. They, too, have had some groomer problems as you can tell from the photo. The story from John Magee of the Kenogamisis Fish and Game Snowmobile Club is as follows:

Well I guess a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's the picture of our groomer that the operator bailed out of in a flash, and he's a big boy, no injuries other than his pride. The machine stayed there for 2 nights before we could get salvage equipment in for the retrieval, by that time the unit was froze pretty solid in the creek, most all the damage was done when we had to haul it.

Well as you see the spot where the groomer went down was a tight bend in the creek, our policy is any water crossings you have to drill a hole in the ice and if you don't have 18 inches of ice you don't cross,the operator stopped at the bank of the creek drilled his hole he had aprox 24 inches of ice, about 20 feet to the left of where he actually went in, when he crossed he went over to his right believing it to be ok, he had gone over that spot aprox 5 times already this winter, however, where the tight bend in the creek comes in to play is that the current makes a sweep at that point and wears the ice much more at that spot, the water level had dropped considerably in the previous weeks of his crossings, leaving a space between the water and ice, he had unhooked his drag built a snow bridge at his crossing point just to be more safe drove over it 2 times with no problem, hooked up the drag and attempted to cross, so the previous 2 crossings weakened the unsupported ice with the drag in tow, the ice could not bear the weight. Where he went through their was only 8 inches of ice because of the tight bend at that point in the creek, but because of the snow depth one would not be able to see that the creek took a sharp turn, and only 20 feet away the ice was 24 inches where he drilled his hole. So all in all there had been many factors that played a part in our groomer's demise the operator was at no fault. He has a new nickname now we call him "Bubbles".

Sorry snow operations! Don't mean to steal your thread! We're still all very interested in your progress on your new cat!

Home | Lodging | Dining | Snowmobile | Atrractions | News | Calendar | Photos

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Hell thats what we all do here! One thing leads to another. Kinda like a first date. Now I need to find an airhorn that plays the Dukes of hazard song!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm liking that idea even more about the air horn with the whole dukes paint scheme! That would definately be one originall cat and wouldn't take much to do.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
If someone would have told me that I would be considering painting a rebel flag and adding some airhorns that play dixie I would have said they were NUTS!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't even consider it, but dang, it goes so good with Thiokol orange!

Attachments

• 430_Dixie_10.zip
    65.8 KB · Views: 77