• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vail Colorado Snow cat Jamboree 2017

shinintimes

I plan on attending the rally/ jamboree!

How many others are planning on going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archmage

I am coming for hopefully the whole weekend, possibly with two cats!!! :)
And I also have a friend with a thoikol that might come one day.:clap:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
planning on attending....see you all at 7 a.m. friday...

Attachments

• DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

Aaron Tucker

So I'm thinking Friday about having the meet up at 7:30 . We can grab breakfasts at a favorite local spot (the mountain lion cafe in silverthorne ) starting at 6:30 when they open and then head up to Vail pass. what do you guys and gals think ?

luvthemvws

Well, breakfast is the most important meal of the day...
I will be there on Friday (looking for a ride. My Kristi won't be ready until next year.)
How long of an outing (in hours) do you think this will be?
Are we likely to be anywhere back near the trailhead by midafternoon?
I am all for beating the crowd, but I am not much of an O-dark-thirty kind of guy.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not so much beating the crowd as it is getting to be there at all. Vail Pass is a Forest Service regulated and manned trail head on the I-70 corridor 60 miles from Denver. When the parking is deemed full you don't get in until someone leaves and opens up a spot. March is very busy which is why some have suggested Camp Hale an alternative starting point. Friday won't be as bad, weekends better get there early. Montezuma? 7-11 has a bigger parking lot. Come one, come all, come early!

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 262

Hautesnow

Maybe someone else already posted this prior and I missed it, but I just did a quick on-line search of all the university's on Spring Break the week of the Jamboree and there are a lot of them nationwide (including CSU & DU locally). Few college kids are likely to be out on the snow where we are during this period, but will increase demand for motel/hotel rooms near the ski areas. Check into reservations now or maybe plan on 'snow camping'.

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
I think parking won't be an issue especially so early Friday morning. Saturday may be a bit more busy but getting there before 10:00am should be fine. I take my cat up there often without issue. The snowmobile lot isn't plowed to the ground so the sleds can drive around. It will likely be slick, tight turn around and full of ice potholes. If your cat and trailer are difficult or your tires aren't awesome I recommend two different options to avoid issues in the snowmobile lot. First you can unload and put your cat on the snow, then turn around and park. Second also unload and put cat on snow and park in the rest area lot that is plowed better and easy to turn around in. Shouldn't be an issue but if one person struggles in the lot with truck, cat and trailer it could turn into a cluster fast. Also don't forget that a Colorado OHV sticker is required to run cats on Vail pass. You can usually purchase on site or thru Colorado parks and wildlife. And you also have to pay USFS $6. They have a station to pay the $6 at parking lot.

KT3survivor

I ordered 25 stickers yesterday. they cost $2 each. normally i would just cover them in the spirit of the event but if you guys wouldnt mind reimbursing me i would appreciate it. should be extra if anyone wants more than one but i would like to have atleast one for each cat in attendance before handing out extras

Red130

Guys- Sorry to say I'm out. Broke my fibula near the ankle (right foot) on Sunday. Can't operate a cat, get my trailer hooked up, or even drive a truck. Bummer to miss out, but maybe it will turn into an annual event.

Aaron Tucker

We are a Week out from the 1st annual Vail Snowcat jamboree . I hope everyone is ready for a Wild St. Patricks day on Friday . If I have the funds I would like to bring out a keg of some green beer for everyone to enjoy :biggrin:

Aaron Tucker

I thought about it alittle more and I think the cat ride is to much for a keg to handle . all the beer will be shaken up and undrinkable . I will be bringing a bunch of beer , grill and lots of hot dogs for everyone tho .

KT3survivor

the stickers turned out great and they were cheaper than expected so dont worry about reimbursement. consider it my contribution to the event. lets make this the first of many colorado cat gatherings that we can look forward to each and every year.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Could we get a show of hands here? Who is coming to V.P. Friday? Is anyone starting out from Camp Hale? Any updates on who is actually going? So far I know of three Thiokols and a Tucker, maybe a Prinoth.

luvthemvws

I'll be there Friday, without my cat. I am hoping I can get a ride in someone else's machine (or three).
Mountain Lion Cafe @ 6:30am, right?:biggrin:

OldShopTeacher

I would love to be there but just got this Snow-Trac and haven't gotten all the bugs worked out but will plan on next year's event. We atv all over Colorado but can't wait to the snow from the front seat of a vintage snow machine!!!

co7L4dG__e-_6V1Y9FSvqp6jcBSzGqTvleiVeivTa2134LVAKF3wNN5dlXl0FbThS9QKQ5MuBJHuypC74aqtV2MNXIb1a82Tgfy3te4OxBtlMtmVRRvS_X_VtbGXOJ3WAMorwWOb8kEPTdtXPbYw98uXbdmwx7D_5gMjMsNHSpF5jKxf-3mbwXqeIcGEsdBuGVjbpY3HP4aoZpB2h7rhUc59iCIVhOekdXD0VsMi6a1sNj7JskezRH5psjO4_Y0DCSkM8P6gK1d1bRPsrT4BsDRj6tshZCs43sCQNaGxxEPefaqmqPWiWhfPeSqu82m-Qn5wi-TRXVTQlmNMNXBP5QOJEK9r71VgYly0-tYTgYGHOljoYnjlN7gD-eX_ntsf4aMWMn8b7oOg0OxYg8Rw8QntkBfu24X-fQ5U-DAAI4Os0wmvLyVtmTUVL8VcUcZb5keE83bB4nFLg93RxWnJAVcbs5t-GHFZmOF4WhPS0DXxXFaluLn4T51YSSYcFuhRWJFJvxT2MP2-vISBMHlVeIiM6NRclw7kwdc9G3vRjY4YbhKxPUERv0LkVRSN3o3qG-H1x_TWwmBBjkVohZdOMegw4X19TPjSocp_Z1F-87tXgZo=w232-h174-no

Last edited:

Archmage

I am planing on attending Friday if I can wing it. My first problem is I have to pick up my kids from school at 3:00 in Eagle, unless I take them out of school. I think a cat jamboree is good enough reason right?

I have two tuckers now, my 1642 ( which is in great shape ) and my recently acquired 1544 ( that I have been working on for the last two weeks to get ready, it wont be done but good enough to run )

My 2nd problem is, I think I can haul both of them on my 55 ton lowboy but am worried about trying to turn around and I have to drop the trailer and pull the neck off to unload, So I need roughly 100FT of parking space. The truck is 75 alone with the trailer attached.

I might just end up with one cat up there..... and I did book a hotel room in Dillon at the Hampton for Saturday night.

Put me down for a couple of stickers at least. I will reimburse for sure.

The keg of beer sounds awesome.........What is the Start time for Friday? And Saturday? 7:00?

Can't wait to see everybody and there awesome machines!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
I will be up on Friday with my 1987 bombardier br100. I am parking at Vail pass. Looking forward to it. See everyone up there.

Hautesnow

I'll be there Friday at Vail Pass to hang out and take pix. My Trooper is temporarily out of commission. Willing to pitch-in helping to pay for munchies and stickers too. Let me know if I need to bring anything.

KT3survivor

my wife and I will be there in the kristi friday and id say first half of saturday. parking on camp hale side. might be a little behind driving up from grand junction but we will be there.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am planing on attending Friday if I can wing it. My first problem is I have to pick up my kids from school at 3:00 in Eagle, unless I take them out of school. I think a cat jamboree is good enough reason right?

Good plan. Don't let the school get in the way of your kids education.

Aaron Tucker

Those using the Vail pass parking can meet at the mountain lyon cafe in Silverthorne here is a map showing the location 630am .

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...1f5dbf30f87365!8m2!3d39.631931!4d-106.0747066

or you can meet us at the Vail pass parking lot at 730

Those using the camp hale side can meet there at 7-8 and head out to the ptarmigan saddle at your convince or follow mother tucker out to the saddle .

If anyone has any questions please call me on my Cell 719-650-1901

Lets all get ready to have a good time and show off our snowcats!